The New Raith Rovers Thread

Exactly.

Hate to say it, but Saturdays interview gave the impression of a man who is feeling the pressure.

I've been a bit worried that our form of late is down to the team feeling the pressure. Some of our more reliable players, such Campbell and Wilson haven't been anywhere near their best, and that's a big concern. We can't rely on the Pars fucking up forever.

C'mon Rovers, we've been top pretty much the entire season; all we've done will count for nothing if we can't go the distance. Get out there, prove pessimistic c***s like myself wrong, and win that bloody title. We've not lasted this long at the top for shits and giggles - we're capable of doing it, and we're wasting an astounding season of progress if we falter at the last hurdle.

Defensively in particular we look like nervous wrecks just now. Even though the majority of the side that steamrolled its way to the 2nd division title win are still with us the prize this time is huge and it appears to be taking its toll on us. If we can't conquer that I can't see how we can win the title.

At least the Ronnie Coyle match on Sunday will be a chance to relax and enjoy a game for once!

We've signed Kevin McBride from Hibs till the end of the season.

Kevin is a defensive midfielder, so Simmons could possibly be out injured for a wee while.

He's not the most mobile of players, but will give plenty of dig. Was in the Hibs first team till Martin Scott and Victor Palsson signed in January.

Should be announced in the press soon, if not already.

Kevin is a defensive midfielder, so Simmons could possibly be out injured for a wee while.

He's not the most mobile of players, but will give plenty of dig. Was in the Hibs first team till Martin Scott and Victor Palsson signed in January.

He's sure to be popular with the home fans if he starts on Saturday! :lol:

Where did you divine that from? Could be a decent short term fix if true.

It'll be a shame if Simmons is actually out for the long term though.

Where did you divine that from? Could be a decent short term fix if true.

It'll be a shame if Simmons is actually out for the long term though.

Scratch that it's in the edinburgh evening news

Hopefully Scott starts as well on saturday.

McBride to Mcbride, Mcride with a lovely one two with Mcbride........

I am honestly delighted that at this signing. Saw him a couple of times on tv last season for Hibs and he looked very decent. At the end of the day he's better that what we've got in the centre just now so it has to be seen as improvement.

Also well done to the board for funding this signing. It's clear we've been weak in that area especially since we got a few injuries and we can't afford Murray to be playing there with Ellis currently out at the back.

Hmm. I'm sure I remember him taking a bit of flak from Falkirk/Hibs fans. Isn't he the fella John Hughes claimed was the best midfielder in Scotland?

Hope he's decent but I don't expect he'll give us much in an attacking sense. It'll be nice to see some fresh blood though, and an extra body is always good.

Hmm. I'm sure I remember him taking a bit of flak from Falkirk/Hibs fans. Isn't he the fella John Hughes claimed was the best midfielder in Scotland?

Hope he's decent but I don't expect he'll give us much in an attacking sense. It'll be nice to see some fresh blood though, and an extra body is always good.

Yep Falkirk fans gave him constant abuse so I imagine he will be looking forward to getting one over them!

McBride on Falkirk fans

I actually agree with most of what he said to be honest. :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I genuinely laughed out loud at that. There have been few bigger shitebags to step onto a football pitch.

He stopped getting a game at Hibs because Yogi got sacked. Yogi is the only manager he's ever had who's rated him. He got a place in the Celtic youth team because his dad was a coach there, moved to Motherwell and did f**k all, moved to Darlington and struggled to get a game for their reserves, then became one of the most hated Falkirk players of all time amongst our own support.

He is genuinely worse than Burton O'Brien. He's also a cock.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I genuinely laughed out loud at that. There have been few bigger shitebags to step onto a football pitch.

He stopped getting a game at Hibs because Yogi got sacked. Yogi is the only manager he's ever had who's rated him. He got a place in the Celtic youth team because his dad was a coach there, moved to Motherwell and did f**k all, moved to Darlington and struggled to get a game for their reserves, then became one of the most hated Falkirk players of all time amongst our own support.

He is genuinely worse than Burton O'Brien. He's also a cock.

Probably more to do with your fans being cock ends.