The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can't really claim to have been a part of things that season, I was still living in Leeds (until I moved back up later that year) and mostly following Man City. But luckily I was up visiting my parents that weekend and went to that Dumbarton game. Great day, even if the hoped-for goal avalanche in the second half didn't materialise. I remeber the noise from the terracing telling us Clydebank had scored, and the half-hearted attempts to stop the pitch invass=ion at the end. Eventually even me and my dad climbed over the wall and joined in.

There are definitely a few players we would need to give an extended contract to keep for the next few seasons, and with us pretty much guaranteed to be playing rangers, hearts, Dunfermline every second week, I think nows the time to do it, for example Elliot, Watson, Moon, Cardle, players who other teams will definitely try and swoop in and take from us in the summer, with the exception of cardle, if pars get promoted, he's going to end up there anyway, as he's always been and will always be a pars fan!

I would also like to see Turnbull get Murray signed up to a longer deal. His success is almost bound to illicit an offer from somewhere else the way things are going. I like how he goes about his business on and off the park and think, given the resources, he could do extremely well.

Yep, give the manager another contract 'first and foremost', no doubt he deserves it. Thus far an excellent job.

There's nobody in the current squad I'd be looking to get rid of at this stage but if we do look at extending contracts I'd get Elliot and Moon done as soon as is possible, probably Cardle and Watson too. They're the most likely (Dundee anyone?) to be poached I imagine. I'd certainly also be looking to get Callum Booth on a pre-contract in January, although understandably he'll probably want to wait to see what Hibs do about his contract situation, particularly with a new manager.

Totally agree.

Murray has earned an extension and we should be looking at giving him another 2 years. This should be the catalyst for starting the negotiations with the rest of the squad. We have a number of players who could play at a higher level and it's important we secure them so at least if they do go, it's not for nothing.

Our cup performances over the past few years (inc this one) should mean we are as able to offer financial deals in this league comparable with anyone. As has been rightly pointed out, there should be decent money available next season too even if we fail to get promoted.

I'm sure the board are aware of this though! Not panicking yet :)