The New Raith Rovers Thread

We probably couldn't afford to demolish it, Network Rail would stick their oar in and say it would cost 100K per day to close the railway whilst it went on.

Fair point. Now you mention it, I'm sure that particular problem cropped up before when fixing it was mentioned.

Insurance job?

I hear this quite a lot about our young players and I simply just don't get it.

If you are a footballer and you are not good enough for mid-table SPFL Championship team at 18 then you should just go and pursue an other career. 18 is not a youngster anymore in footballing terms. Players regularly play in the EPL at this age.

If by 18 they can't get in our team are they worth keeping?

We have seen dozens of fringe youth players all get a few minutes here and their and they end up in Junior football or worse at East Fife.

From the dark recesses of my memory from when stars park was redeveloped they had hassle with extending the railway stand. Was there not grumblings about turning it into terracing a few years back.

Don't agree that players who haven't established themselves in the first team have somehow 'missed the boat'. Why do we have under 19 and under 20 leagues in the SPFL? It is similar down south and on the continent. The reality is that most players do not establish themselves until they are older. Those that do are the exceptions not the norm.

From the dark recesses of my memory from when stars park was redeveloped they had hassle with extending the railway stand. Was there not grumblings about turning it into terracing a few years back.

Turnbull has stated that it is too steep to convert to terracing.

I hear this quite a lot about our young players and I simply just don't get it.

If you are a footballer and you are not good enough for mid-table SPFL Championship team at 18 then you should just go and pursue an other career. 18 is not a youngster anymore in footballing terms. Players regularly play in the EPL at this age.

If by 18 they can't get in our team are they worth keeping?

We have seen dozens of fringe youth players all get a few minutes here and their and they end up in Junior football or worse at East Fife.

Vaughan didn't look out of place, when we played Hearts earlier in the season. He's had a few decent performances when he's actually been given more than a 10-20 minute cameo. In the 3-3 draw with Cowdenbeath his backheel in the move which saw us go 2-1 up was the best worked goal I've seen us score this season.

In short, give the guy more game time.

Now this might be my mind playing tricks on me but I'm sure way way back when we started taking the seats out of the away end of the railway stand that they were given to the Flyers as well as replacing seats in the South Stand when players inevitably broke them during the warm up.

Now this might be my mind playing tricks on me but I'm sure way way back when we started taking the seats out of the away end of the railway stand that they were given to the Flyers as well as replacing seats in the South Stand when players inevitably broke them during the warm up.

What ever happened to that warm up, where our players just haphazardly blootered balls into the stands?

Was their a claim?

By his 19th birthday, John Baird (used purely as an example) had featured in two games of professional football, totalling 22 minutes on the park. He was with Clyde at the time.

To say that a footballer isn't going to amount to anything because he can't do it at 18 is, frankly, ludicrous.

This

There is no reason at all to be in any optimistic about Raith Rovers on the field.

Today was an exhibition in shiteness.

Glad I missed it.

Big changes required in the summer. Unfortunately the biggest one is not going to happen any time soon.

At the start of the season it all looked so promising. If Murray and co. could at least sign off at Starks with a win, that would be something. The last time I saw us beat Cowdenbeath was 2006 at Central Park. The last time I saw us beat Cowdenbeath at Starks was 1993!

At the start of the season it all looked so promising. If Murray and co. could at least sign off at Starks with a win, that would be something. The last time I saw us beat Cowdenbeath was 2006 at Central Park. The last time I saw us beat Cowdenbeath at Starks was 1993!

So stay away from Starks next week please?

The problem with Railway stand isn't the lack of plastic seats, its the facilities or lack of running water. It's fucked as an area to watch football from. We can't afford to fix it or demolish it so we're stuck with it. It's good for the flag, cameras and advertising at least