The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would have been nice to go out on a wee high on Saturday, but it wasn't to be. Anyway, the season ticket announcement can't be far off. All aboard the relegation bus.

Never did get to see the diddy cup paraded around Stark's Park. Should have done it before the Dumbarton game.

I thought they should have done this on Saturday along with other things. The final home game of the season is supposed to be a good atmosphere but on Saturday it felt horrible. As far the board are concerned I don't think they are doing anything to engage with the community. They did absolutely nothing to encourage people to come to the game and not even a thank you to supporters who have gone around the country to support the team, particularly since the turn of the year. Instead we get a Turnball rant about how we should all be eternally grateful to him and the rest of the board. When have the board or management actually taken time to acknowledge the normal Saturday crowd who pay £17 week in week out?

The board have done well to balance the books and for that we are all grateful, but in terms of their relationship with the Kirkcaldy and Fife community I don't see how this has improved at all in recent years.

Anyone else get the feeling Turnbull will walk? Just have that feeling he's probably had enough.

I think Turnball and the rest of the board generally do a great job but if he can't accept the supporters criticising a manager and a team who are in woeful form and playing dreadful football then he is probably not cut out to be on the board of a football team. I would like him to stay but he has to realise the fans are not moaning for the sake of it we are moaning as we are terrible and something has to change it's not going to magically fix its self. For what it's worth I don't think the Rovers fans have been anywhere near as vocal as some other teams would be but fans can only take so much at the end of the day football is entertainment we wouldn't go the cinema every week to watch terrible films thinking it will eventually get better we would demand better films or not go.

at the end of the day football is entertainment we wouldn't go the cinema every week to watch terrible films thinking it will eventually get better we would demand better films or not go.

I agree to an extent except football is different. We have an affinity and love for the Rovers that you don't have for, say, Brad Pitt or Russell Crowe films. You accept there are highs but many more lows. Yes, you want to be entertained but I've never enjoyed the cinema so much that I've jumped up and down, hugged strangers and fallen over the seats in front. Apart from at the end of Die Hard.

I agree to an extent except football is different. We have an affinity and love for the Rovers that you don't have for, say, Brad Pitt or Russell Crowe films. You accept there are highs but many more lows. Yes, you want to be entertained but I've never enjoyed the cinema so much that I've jumped up and down, hugged strangers and fallen over the seats in front. Apart from at the end of Die Hard.

Just me that does this then ;) yippee ki yay John McClane :thumsup2

Yes I agree with you football does have far stronger ties and fans will put up with a lot more than other business customers and many will NEVER walk away that's what I meant about fans aren't just moaning for the sake of it, it takes a lot for fans to have a proper moan (we have our little ones on a Saturday night) So Turnball needs to look at why so many are upset not just release statements and have a moan back at them.

Edited by San Starko Rover

Reading the statement again he uses the words 'frustrating' and 'disappointed'. I don't think you can realistically expect a chairman's season round-up/thank you to sponsors or whatever it was to hang the manager out to dry, no matter the circumstances. What is said in private between them may be different. TH strikes me as someone who doesn't mince his words so Murray might not be getting off lightly behind closed doors.

Edited by Rover the Moon

Certainly won't be going to Livingston on Saturday so barring any freak results this season is done for me.

At the start of the season I was full of hope, I really thought we could comfortably compete for one of those top four spots and certainly the signs early on were positive.

However outwit the cups the season has felt like one of the worst in years. Conceding cheap goals and a chronic lack of creativity have made it a really grim slog.

Whilst this may draw a bit of criticism I have also been disappointed with us, the fans in general. I'm struggling to recall a point where we really dug in and got behind the players. To often and too quickly we resorted to heckling and booing and whilst it can be easily argued that the performances merited it I just wish we had tried to really move the players up a gear or two.

Like I said, glad its over. Sure Murray will still be at the helm come late July and hopefully it will be a season to remember.

My mum was at the thing tonight and pulled this wee beauty out the bag post-40613-13987212328317_thumb.jpg Chuffed to bits with it. Don't know why as it's just a bit paper with a few scribbles but I'll show the grand kids one day.

My mum was at the thing tonight and pulled this wee beauty out the bag attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1398721232.176268.jpg Chuffed to bits with it. Don't know why as it's just a bit paper with a few scribbles but I'll show the grand kids one day.

What thing tonight?

It's a pity that they didn't appear on the balcony of the town house like when we won the Coca cola cup. It would've been great to get one last chance to boo them.

It's a sad state of affairs that it's resorted to this though eh!. I still can't fathom why they didn't want to play well in the league, but played like their lives depended on it in the cups.