The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, voddyman said:

Always good to get rid of disruptive influences.  IF the rumours are true, and certain information was divulged to players then he can basically be blamed for the 5 defeats in a row/loss of form/look like the players were miles away.  Probably cost the club a lot with peace keeping bonuses etc if thats the case.  
Pity though as I thought he was a decent right fullback.

Anyway, he is gone.  History.  Onwards and upwards.  

That article said he can leave in the summer, he could anyway his contract is up. 

Surely if he is so contentious either sack him for misconduct after the hr side is dealt with or pay him up and get rid. 

56 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Always good to get rid of disruptive influences.  IF the rumours are true, and certain information was divulged to players then he can basically be blamed for the 5 defeats in a row/loss of form/look like the players were miles away.  Probably cost the club a lot with peace keeping bonuses etc if thats the case.  
Pity though as I thought he was a decent right fullback.

Anyway, he is gone.  History.  Onwards and upwards.  

Yup, agree with all of that, think I'll mostly miss his fight and his GIRUY, although that's maybe what got him into all this trouble, lol.

30 minutes ago, pub car king said:

That article said he can leave in the summer, he could anyway his contract is up. 

Surely if he is so contentious either sack him for misconduct after the hr side is dealt with or pay him up and get rid. 

Could only be sacked (fairly) for gross misconduct, and it's up to the club what constitutes gross misconduct.

Unless it's the latest incident in a series already being dealt with, but I don’t think that's the case.

Private matter. As others have said, onwards and hopefully upwards. 

For what it's worth (and I didn't get this from the horse's mouth but I do believe it to be true) I've heard that the Millen stuff is nothing to do with any sort of "lists" or anything of that nature. Just an old fashioned falling out between a player and a manager, essentially, no special aggravating factors. 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

For what it's worth (and I didn't get this from the horse's mouth but I do believe it to be true) I've heard that the Millen stuff is nothing to do with any sort of "lists" or anything of that nature. Just an old fashioned falling out between a player and a manager, essentially, no special aggravating factors. 

No idea of the details but if he’s fallen out with Murray there’s only going to be one winner in that argument.  The manager currently enjoys the full backing of the board, fans and club in general so a bad time to have a bust up with him. Liked Millen’s passion and his crossing, was a bit suspect of him in certain areas but all in all did a job for us. Shame it’s ended badly but it happens, I’m sure he’ll move on and find a new club next season. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Or find another club right now seems to be suggested in there are well. Don’t think it’s likely, but you never know, could be an absolute game-changer for some clubs.

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Or find another club right now seems to be suggested in there are well. Don’t think it’s likely, but you never know, could be an absolute game-changer for some clubs.

Don’t think he can sign a permanent deal with anyone just now if released as that signing date has past, would have to be a loan but I’d imagine he will sit still until the end of the season and collect his wages.

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Don’t think he can sign a permanent deal with anyone just now if released as that signing date has past, would have to be a loan but I’d imagine he will sit still until the end of the season and collect his wages.

For a permeant deal, he’d be looking at a release and HL or LL (or abroad). I do suspect your’ll likely correct, but he could perhaps be loaned to Montrose or Alloa to strengthen their push for the playoffs…

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

No idea of the details but if he’s fallen out with Murray there’s only going to be one winner in that argument.  The manager currently enjoys the full backing of the board, fans and club in general so a bad time to have a bust up with him. Liked Millen’s passion and his crossing, was a bit suspect of him in certain areas but all in all did a job for us. Shame it’s ended badly but it happens, I’m sure he’ll move on and find a new club next season. 

This. 

I could be well off the mark, but it reads to me like an agent saying to the press 'just to give you guys a heads up, my client is free to leave the Rovers and was popular in the changing room'.

I like Millen, and I genuinely hope he gets another club where he can perform well. He came across as a good guy, who took a lot of stick when he first came in after his mistake against Caley in the first home game of last season. He was exceptional up at Tannadice and is a decent right back for this level. 

But when it comes to going up against a manager who just signed a new 3 year deal, there's only going to be one winner. It's a situation made worse by the fact that we've since gone on to win two games on the bounce with James Brown in the side. 

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Correct

I,d describe it as a pretty serious falling out

Imrie -“ They have stuck together through thin and thick”.  It’s clear who the thick one is, can’t even get that round the right way 😂 and a bitter wee man.

Edited by spot on

Hopefully our confident conmen (rival to the village idiots?) can get a result against Dougie’s Morton.

Strong Father Ted “and now we move on, to Liars…” vibes from Dougie in his pre-match interview..

18 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

IF the rumours are true, and certain information was divulged to players then he can basically be blamed for the 5 defeats in a row/loss of form/look like the players were miles away.  Probably cost the club a lot with peace keeping bonuses etc if thats the case.  

What? One player is to blame for 5 defeats in a row? Find that hard to believe.  I'm genuinely confused. What did he do?

Edited by da_no_1

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

What? One player is to blame for 5 defeats in a row? Find that hard to believe.  I'm genuinely confused. What did he do?

I think he means whoever leaked the info is to blame for the 5 defeats. It’s nonsense thought as the bust up didn’t happen until after the Airdrie game.

I can't see Rudden dropping out for Hamilton tonight. Rudden appears crap in the air and Morton are guaranteed to play their usual aerial bombardment in the last 10mins if they're behind and we'll probably need a fit Hamilton to combat the height difference. Smith replacing Easton, Connolly replacing Mullin, Turner replacing Vaughan and Murray in for Ashcroft.

Keep the others fresh for what is guaranteed to be a very heavy pitch at Gayfield on Friday.