The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

This new rules working out well so far....

Missed the new rules. Thought I was being mild as Tynieness was saying it was ok to tell him to f**k off. Which I wish he would tbh as he's either an idiot or taking the pish, the latter more likely.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Missed the new rules. Thought I was being mild as Tynieness was saying it was ok to tell him to f**k off. Which I wish he would tbh as he's either an idiot or taking the pish, the latter more likely.

I am she not he.  Please stop the personal attacks.  Have a little decency.

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am she not he.  Please stop the personal attacks.  Have a little decency.

And there I was defending female pundits on a World Cup thread, and you're destroying my argument. You're letting down the sisters.

Personally I think the real issue here is that after the excitement of last week apathy has set in.
It’s not helped either that after our positive start last season in the friendlies and League Cup games, leading to real positivity, followed by a dreadful campaign, no one is prepared to analyse the preseason games for fear of being ridiculed.
I agree that we should not draw too much from one game at this early stage but it’s plain wrong to say there’s nothing to be taken from them either...otherwise it was a rather pointless trip all the way down to Shropshire. Hopefully we will see better performances as the team starts to gel but I guess we might have hoped for something a bit more positive in our performance than we appear to have got tonight.
Plenty of time yet though but let’s just hope we start to see some better signs in the upcoming friendlies next week.

Just now, welshbairn said:

And there I was defending female pundits on a World Cup thread, and you're destroying my argument. You're letting down the sisters.

Disagreeing is expected, I expect banter but please don't attack me personally..   If it's any consolation, I don't like female commentators, perhaps it's my age and have been listening to male commentators for decades.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Personally I think the real issue here is that after the excitement of last week apathy has set in.
It’s not helped either that after our positive start last season in the friendlies and League Cup games, leading to real positivity, followed by a dreadful campaign, no one is prepared to analyse the preseason games for fear of being ridiculed.
I agree that we should not draw too much from one game at this early stage but it’s plain wrong to say there’s nothing to be taken from them either...otherwise it was a rather pointless trip all the way down to Shropshire. Hopefully we will see better performances as the team starts to gel but I guess we might have hoped for something a bit more positive in our performance than we appear to have got tonight.
Plenty of time yet though but let’s just hope we start to see some better signs in the upcoming friendlies next week.

I go to pre-season friendlies just to get a glimpse of the new signings and trialists, not in expectation of serious competitive football. Well done if you followed them down to Oswestry, I think they had a training camp in Wales as well so it wasn't just about that game. I was hoping to catch the Cefn Druids game but it was cancelled and had booked the wrong week anyway.

I go to pre-season friendlies just to get a glimpse of the new signings and trialists, not in expectation of serious competitive football. Well done if you followed them down to Oswestry, I think they had a training camp in Wales as well so it wasn't just about that game. I was hoping to catch the Cefn Druids game but it was cancelled and had booked the wrong week anyway.

Sadly no, wasn’t there.
Ironically I will be there on Wednesday (work related) when we are in Arbroath playing Aberdeen so will miss that one too.
Very keen to see how the new players gel and get a glimpse of their abilities ASAP though.
My point really relates to the complete dismissal of these games due to how things worked out last season. I’m really keen to hear any sound bites re who stands out in the team even at this early stage...even if ultimately it doesn’t transpire in the games that matter.

Couple of Bungles for the goals presumably.

No, it wasn’t a couple of Bungles. Good friend at the game said it was definitely one Zippy and a George.

Think I have some sort of memory loss. I’m sure I posted this yesterday but there is no trace of it on here [emoji52]

Has anyone used the instalments method to pay for the season ticket? If so how many months does it get paid over and how much do you end up paying when interest is added on?

Sadly due to copious amounts of birthdays and weddings as well as days out i am going to be skint, pretty much for the next 4 months so. Any spare cash I did have will now be soaked up by other people’s shit.

I don't think anyone could claim it was a great performance. You kind of get used to these during early pre-season games though. I mind one match at Leeuwarden in Holland when we barely touched the ball and the guys around me did nothing but moan like bugggery all game. "Paid good money to come and watch this shite" etc, etc. 

However, there were a few wee flashes here and there that showed promise for the future: a bit of trickery from TOE that bamboozled the defender and let him put in a good cross at the end of the FH, Froxy looking lively any time he had the ball, Luke Watt going past his man on two or three occasions, and err, Lewis Kidd being (IMO) one of our standout performers. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Think I have some sort of memory loss. I’m sure I posted this yesterday but there is no trace of it on here emoji52.png

Has anyone used the instalments method to pay for the season ticket? If so how many months does it get paid over and how much do you end up paying when interest is added on?

Sadly due to copious amounts of birthdays and weddings as well as days out i am going to be skint, pretty much for the next 4 months so. Any spare cash I did have will now be soaked up by other people’s shit.

You did post this yesterday and I meant to reply to it but forgot.

It can be paid up over 2, 4 or 6 months I think were the options when I did it the other day. When we divided up the £250 and £1 for postage and packaging it came to something like £41.83333333 a month so for me it got rounded to £42 a month from July-December so there's not much in the way of interest.

My family all have birthdays in May and June as well and I've got my own wedding in July to pay for so there was no way I was going to be able to shell out £250 this month either. :(

Edited by Rizzo

At the risk of being abused, I would just like to say that I couldn't give a shiny shite about the result of pre season friendlies. They are nothing more than training sessions.

We had a great pre season last year, done really well in the league cup section. We were all on here full of confidence especially when Loy came back but then the bubble burst and we fell flat our our arses.

If we lose all friendlies and win the league then that will do for me.

You did post this yesterday and I meant to reply to it but forgot.
It can be paid up over 2, 4 or 6 months I think were the options when I did it the other day. When we divided up the £250 and £1 for postage and packaging it came to something like £41.83333333 a month so for me it got rounded to £42 a month from July-December so there's not much in the way of interest.
My family all have birthdays in May and June as well and I've got my own wedding in July to pay for so there was no way I was going to be able to shell out £250 this month either. [emoji20]

Cheer for the reply :)

Is the shop open later today?
I’m just off a long night shift and the thought of getting up at 12.30 to head to stadium before another night shift is brutal.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

At the risk of being abused, I would just like to say that I couldn't give a shiny shite about the result of pre season friendlies. They are nothing more than training sessions.

We had a great pre season last year, done really well in the league cup section. We were all on here full of confidence especially when Loy came back but then the bubble burst and we fell flat our our arses.

If we lose all friendlies and win the league then that will do for me.

This

It's pre-season and means nothing. I would have thought that with a squad of players who only met a week ago the emphasis would have been on organisation and defending - which is exactly how the game seemed to have gone. 

The game that will give us a better idea if where we are will be the Aberdeen game, as we should have at least some sort of idea what to expect. Yes they will have new players too, but the style of play shouldn't have changed too much. And we will be a bit better organised too. Anyone making the trek to Arbroath?