The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

No offence but so far you have hartley fall out with players even when they have been in touch with supporters to say they have been injured so unless you have concrete evidence that hartley has fell out with anyone or your calling said player with the exception of McKee, Harris and Sheps aka yourself what do you suggest he does names every player we have on the team sheet to prove there is no fall outs, but with your constant droning on about all things hatred of Hartley and his so called constant falling outs you may feel at home here where you can join like minded people of moaning about all things Falkirk.

http://www.onef.co.uk

Its the 1st game of the season and already your calling for hartleys head we have had 15 new players we have effectively played what 7 or 8 games together or at least 11 of them have barring the later signings some players are still trying to get match fit Haber and Rees for 2 of them.

as for the fallings out 2 of them were were apparently disruptive given the fact those 2 are approaching the end of their footballing careers and progressing to the next obvious level i.e. coaching or management and given the clubs previous stance of giving unproven managers a chance there were a few rumours going about at the time of Houston sacking or prior 2 it the end of the day you have only those players word.   Taiwo still started a good few games prior to being released and as for Loy his issues off the field may have contributed to any fall outs so what you have basically done is add 2 and 2 and probably came up with 5

I haven't called for Hartley's head. I'm perfectly happy to give him a chance after he got us out of trouble last season. That doesn't mean he can't be criticised.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

I haven't called for Hartley's head. I'm perfectly happy to give him a chance after he got us out of trouble last season. That doesn't mean he can't be criticised.

Theres criticism and there is taking the piss no one expects him to be Pep Guardiola  but give the guys a chance its hardly the capitulation of the 1st game last season 

25 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

There were well- publicised fallings out (or communication stopping) between Hartley and Miller, Kerr, Loy and Taiwo last season, which resulted in those players being suddenly sidelined(and in Taiwo's case, banned from even attending the last game of the season). We now have a number of players who featured heavily last season or who have just been signed who are now all of a sudden nowhere to be seen. It's not rocket science as to why that might be.

There's also now strong rumours emanating from the club that Hartley and Sammut have fallen out.

f**k off Olaf

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Don't think it's fair to compare Lewis for Jak when it's not our choice that he isn't here this season.

Also it's early to compare TOE with Sibbs but I can guarantee in some people's eyes he will never be as good as Sibbs was no matter what he does

Longridge was a better player than TOE never mind Sibbald. Huge squad now but we dont have a right back or left sided midfielder who actually kicks witg his left foot. A pile of new players and yet we're stuck with muirhead at right back when we knew 3 seasons ago he wasnt good enough in that position. Mcghee at left back before robson is just crazy. Saw nothing in pre season to say that lewis could play left wing and that was emphasised again yesterday. The lithuanian boy looks like a runner whose suddenly decided to give football a go. Great pace but no ability whatsoever. We can only pray that harris and mckee feck off soon so that we can sign another couple of players to fill the right back and right wing spots. Haber and irving were excellent but after that the team were a shambles mainly due to the way they were set up by Hartley.

Longridge was a better player than TOE never mind Sibbald. Huge squad now but we dont have a right back or left sided midfielder who actually kicks witg his left foot. A pile of new players and yet we're stuck with muirhead at right back when we knew 3 seasons ago he wasnt good enough in that position. Mcghee at left back before robson is just crazy. Saw nothing in pre season to say that lewis could play left wing and that was emphasised again yesterday. The lithuanian boy looks like a runner whose suddenly decided to give football a go. Great pace but no ability whatsoever. We can only pray that harris and mckee feck off soon so that we can sign another couple of players to fill the right back and right wing spots. Haber and irving were excellent but after that the team were a shambles mainly due to the way they were set up by Hartley.
I don't disagree with a lot you've said. Robson should have been left back and McGhee right back

If we finish this season in the seaside leagues it wouldn't be a surprise on what we've seen so far! However if you look at Montrose and forfar games to yesterday there has been an obvious improvement, keep improving and it could be a great season, we still don't know where we are as a team yet.

Yesterday haber and Irvine looked good and Greenwood as well, hope he gets more time on the park to show what he can do. Wouldn't be to judgemental either way after yesterday, see how the next few weeks go 

44 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

There's also now strong rumours emanating from the club that Hartley and Sammut have fallen out.

If there were strong rumours (note the plural) they would have been heard and repeated by multiple people on multiple forums. Yet it seems you're the only person who's aware of them.

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If there were strong rumours (note the plural) they would have been heard and repeated by multiple people on multiple forums. Yet it seems you're the only person who's aware of them.

Only he can hear the voices in his head.

If any of you want to cross to the dark side, even temporarily, you’re very welcome. Come and see Hippo, Craigen and co performing as you always knew they could. 
Would be a shame for you. We all know you dont turn up when the Bairns are in town.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

If any of you want to cross to the dark side, even temporarily, you’re very welcome. Come and see Hippo, Craigen and co performing as you always knew they could. 

No thanks, it's bad enough having to visit fife without having to visit EEP too. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
52 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Would be a shame for you. We all know you dont turn up when the Bairns are in town.

If your missus wasn’t such a good ride I’d go to TFS.

Burn me at the stake if you want but I don't see what Petravicious offers us that Harris couldn't. They are both headless chickens, neither can defend, both have pace and can beat their man when they feel like it but Harris was already here and is probably cheaper (especially considering we can't get rid of him anyway). Also, how on earth can anyone think Dallison had a good game yesterday? He was a complete bombscare and got utterly bullied by Oakley. 

With regards to the suggestion that Hartley panicked and brought in Haber and Irving, he's been saying for weeks (since Aberdeen at least) that he wanted to add 2 or 3 new faces to group that he had back then. Correct me if i'm wrong but since then he's brought in Greenwood, Irving and Haber. 

Edited by PipoIsABairn

Burn me at the stake if you want but I don't see what Petravicious offers us that Harris couldn't. They are both headless chickens, neither can defend, both have pace and can beat their man when they feel like it but Harris was already here and is probably cheaper (especially considering we can't get rid of him anyway). Also, how on earth can anyone think Dallison had a good game yesterday? He was a complete bombscare and got utterly bullied by Oakley. 
With regards to the suggestion that Hartley panicked and brought in Haber and Irving, he's been saying for weeks (since Aberdeen at least) that he wanted to add 2 or 3 new faces to group that he had back then. Correct me if i'm wrong but since then he's brought in Greenwood, Irving and Haber. 
You made a mistake there, Harris can't beat his man even when he feels like it