The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Who could we have signed then? It's easy to say he's not good enough but what were the other options?

I think he could be a useful player for us but as I've said before it's still too early to judge

Fecks sake lee miller is a million times better than that big donkey and playing 90mins in the top flight for livi week in week out. We punted him though as he obviously intimidated our numpty of a manager. Who'll be remembered more fondly after their falkirk days? Hartley, mackin  or Miller? I know who my money is on.

So you did nothing, and settled for coming on here moaning about fans moaning, pretty much the most pointless enterprise going. Ok, thanks for confirming.
Good shout m9. In future I will interrupt my day out with my pal to angrily confront strangers rather than harmlessly venting on an anonymous football forum.

Except if I think its AGPar obvs. Cos you are well hard etc.

God gave rock and roll to you, and I am giving you the top 50 Falkirk post-war goalscorers. What a team we make.

We really move up a gear now. I think this one is dedicated to @60`s bairn who is obviously still starry eyed over this guy. Please feel free to comment further than me for obvious reasons.

At number 3, with a positively blockbusting 78 goals in just over 200 appearances, is possibly the star of Willie Cunningham's famed late 60's/early 70's team. He was with us and deadly from '65 to '70 before being sold to Hibs as that side started to break up. He came back for a brief ill-fated spell in season 76-77. Of course it's

Johnny Graham.

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Once again my decision not to join bairns for life is looking good. If we keep going the way we are would people be happy to give Hartley cash to bring in players considering what he's already brought in? If half the cash raised went into buying shares and getting fans a bit more of a voice then it'd be worth it but the set up the now just seems to me to be not worth putting money into. 

Let's hope the 2 weeks till next league game gives us time to sort stuff out, Irvine, Greenwood and haber look good, if Hartley can build round them (and possibly play an actual full back!) we should improve COYB.

Forget signing players and pay the clown in charge off with it. Im sure theyd get a load of new members if that was an option.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

God gave rock and roll to you, and I am giving you the top 50 Falkirk post-war goalscorers. What a team we make.

We really move up a gear now. I think this one is dedicated to @60`s bairn who is obviously still starry eyed over this guy. Please feel free to comment further than me for obvious reasons.

At number 3, with a positively blockbusting 78 goals in just over 200 appearances, is possibly the star of Willie Cunningham's famed late 60's/early 70's team. He was with us and deadly from '65 to '70 before being sold to Hibs as that side started to break up. He came back for a brief ill-fated spell in season 76-77. Of course it's

Johnny Graham.

Stop depressing us with great players whilst we watch pish every saturday!!!!

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Not a chance.

Trying to leaven the misery with a bit of nostalgia and appreciation.

I want the next list to be the top 30 right backs, just to keep everyone boiling over ever so slightly. 

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Does Hartley not have a mental hard on for 4231 with no width? I mind Dundee fans gurned about it a lot.

It's slightly worrying, as it suggests he's no real idea how to set out a midfield so just packs five players in and hopes for the best. 

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I want the next list to be the top 30 right backs, just to keep everyone boiling over ever so slightly. 

Yaaaaas good idea. I'll stick it straight in the "Head's Gone" thread - save time.

I genuinely do have the top 50 appearance makers ready to go though. Decide for yourself if that's a threat or a promise. A new post of twattery on here - bang here comes no. 37 on the list.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yaaaaas good idea. I'll stick it straight in the "Head's Gone" thread - save time.

I genuinely do have the top 50 appearance makers ready to go though. Decide for yourself if that's a threat or a promise. A new post of twattery on here - bang here comes no. 37 on the list.

Great stuff mate. Keep it coming. Our record holder is going back a long, long time appearance wise.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you really think it’s time for him to go ?

I do. Yesterday, he stood in front of a camera and blamed his players for his mistakes. I think he's lost what ability he had as a coach and, even if we get our act together, we're only capable of mediocre with a squad he's supposedly been planning since he took over.

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you really think it’s time for him to go ?

Problem for me is there are very few positives to take from the first two games.  Its not like under jeffries when stainrod wisnae fit for the first couple of games and we still had the likes of taylor and mcqueen to come in. Some of the players are murder, some show promise and others are getting played in positions alien to them. The fact the manager cant pick players to play in their favoured positions is frightening.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Great stuff mate. Keep it coming. Our record holder is going back a long, long time appearance wise.

Career from 64 to 76 with us if that's who you're thinking of.

Last two top scorers were before him though.

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I do. Yesterday, he stood in front of a camera and blamed his players for his mistakes. I think he's lost what ability he had as a coach and, even if we get our act together, we're only capable of mediocre with a squad he's supposedly been planning since he took over.

I’ve never been a massive fan although he does seem to be very, very popular with a lot our fans.

I am not sure what benefit sacking him at this stage would do though as what a new manager would inherit is very low on quality.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I am not sure what benefit sacking him at this stage would do though as what a new manager would inherit is very low on quality.

A huge dilemma. Really can't see that squad achieving much under any coach, I just don't rate them as players but I also can't see Hartley getting his act together. 

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve never been a massive fan although he does seem to be very, very popular with a lot our fans.

Maybe a manager who would at least pick players in their favoured positions would see us finish above Alloa.

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No buddy. I am thinking nearly 100 years ago. TF. Really enjoying what you are doing though. Thanks.

You're very welcome.

I will be applying the 'post-war' caveat, but will indeed mention your man when the time comes.