The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

It was BNM that brought it back up and as I said I’ll continue to feel the same way about it. If you don’t want it brought up then don’t respond. 

As far as what you say the FSS applied for the loan and took ownership of it. In the spirit of goodwill then it would have been good to not have launched the FF as a competing factor when FSS have a duty to ensure the loan is repaid.

Ofcourse there are some don’t want to join FSS, that goes without saying, otherwise it would currently have thousands of members. The job FSS have is to continually persuade fans to join and change their minds. It’s clear from the failure of FF that it’s not a case of loads of people wanting to just donate £10 but just not through FSS. 

The existence of FF and its continuing advertisement just makes it more confusing and that little bit harder to gain more members to FSS.

This is not a slight at all the work the good board has done however it’s something I simply disagree with. As a fans owned club we should still be able to share any criticism without being shut down or it perceived to being dismissive of anything good too. 

You clearly don’t want to stop it going or you would not have responded to BNM

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Clearly, as I literally said I will continue to bang the drum about it. Something I feel strong about however I didn’t bring it back up as a topic. 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

Clearly, as I literally said I will continue to bang the drum about it. Something I feel strong about however I didn’t bring it back up as a topic. 

Gent's I think you've already agreed to disagree, earlier!

Please give your donation to the FSS 😉

Guest Brockvillenomore
14 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Gent's I think you've already agreed to disagree, earlier!

Please give your donation to the FSS 😉

Exactly. But I’m getting the ‘blame’ for it when it should be you 😆😎

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would definitely get a legends one and the Joy Division one if you are ever selling them again, they are cracking.

Will let you know if I sell them again. Also made this shirt to raise money for the Foundation. 

Untitled_Artwork.jpeg

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not to mention that minimum wage legislation makes 'pay as you play' effectively illegal. 

You could build in a low basic and high appearance of course but a 30 year old training circa 15 hours a week needs at least £156 per week. 

£1 a week would now be illegal. You can be amateur of course as I think Vaulks initially was but then you cant pay them at all. No bonuses, no appearances, nothing.

You can pay expenses on an amateur form 

30 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That summer '18 recruitment...

So much hope, turned to dust in one LC game and turned to shite thereafter.

Must be objectively the worst recruitment en masse a club at pretty much our level has ever done.

From the picture....

Deimantas Petravicius  - Aguilas FC. (Spanish 4th tier)

Paddy Brough - Barrow. EFL League 2 (offered a new deal, but has decided to leave after 156 games for the club)

Tom Dallison - Colchester Utd (EFL League 2, fee paid to sign from Crawley)

Tom Owen-Evans - Chippenham Town (6th tier in England, National League South, Ola Lawals former side)

Scott Harrison - Spennymoor Town (last club, but looks like he may have retired. English 6th tier, National League North)

Dennon Lewis - Woking FC (just signed for Woking who are National League, 5th Tier of English football. I once took them from the National League to the Champions League winners FYI)

Ruben Sammut - Recruitment Coordinator for Charlton Athletic (rapped the playing side after 17 career matches between us and Dulwich Hamlet)

Dimitris Froxylias - PAC Omonia 29M (A breakaway team formed by AC Omonias Ultras during an ownership dispute, Cypriot 2nd Tier)

Leo Fasan - Nola (Italian Serie D, since 2021 but appears to have been there for 3 months, left and not found another club)

Honourable mentions....

Rees Greenwood - Ryton and Crawcook Albion (the 10th (TENTH) tier of English Football.)

Paul Hartley - Under a bridge somewhere, harassing goats. 

Edited by Bairnardo

8 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

You can pay expenses on an amateur form 

Indeed you can. Genuine ones. What you cant do is pay bonuses, appearances or anything whatsoever dependent on results and / or performance. You can't earn anything. 

So you cant register as an amateur and play for nothing then get £500 appearance or win bonus. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

From the picture....

Paddy Brough - Barrow. EFL League 2 (offered a new deal, but has decided to leave after 156 games for the club)

Tom Owen-Evans - Chippenham Town (6th tier in England, National League South, Ola Lawals former side)

Scott Harrison - Spennymoor Town (last club, but looks like he may have retired. English 6th tier, National League North)

Dennon Lewis - Woking FC (just signed for Woking who are National League, 5th Tier of English football. I once took them from the National League to the Champions League winners FYI)

Ruben Sammut - Recruitment Coordinator for Charlton Athletic (rapped the playing side after 17 career matches between us and Dulwich Hamlet)

Dimitris Froxylias - PAC Omonia 29M (A breakaway team formed by AC Omonias Ultras during an ownership dispute, Cypriot 2nd Tier)

Leo Fasan - Nola (Italian Serie D, since 2021 but appears to have been there for 3 months, left and not found another club)

Honourable mentions....

Rees Greenwood - Ryton and Crawcook Albion (the 10th (TENTH) tier of English Football.)

In hindsight Paddy Brough being one of the few smiling might've suggested the rest of them knew they were about to be found out and were bricking it 😬

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The only excitement of posters on ‘Don Hartley’, ‘The Juggernaut’ and ‘Sleeve Tattoos’ still gives me rage and fear in equal measures.

How people could not see they were all pish after one game was unbelievable.

That night up at McDiarmid was an eye opener, that’s for sure 👀

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

From the picture....

Honourable mentions....

I retired that year and got a signed framed yellow steeple top with all these jokers names on it from my colleagues. It’s wrapped up in a black bin liner and is in the loft, was giving me the boak looking at it.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The only excitement of posters on ‘Don Hartley’, ‘The Juggernaut’ and ‘Sleeve Tattoos’ still gives me rage and fear in equal measures.

How people could not see they were all pish after one game was unbelievable.

Why does that give you rage lol? From what I can remember, folk were looking forward to new signings and having some fun with it in the pre-season.

It was pretty evident after the first league cup game that we were in trouble. Hence why Hartley was sent packing 3 or 4 games into the season.