The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

If true McGlynn will know that Tumilty will have more than a few championship teams ready to offer a deal. I would therefore suspect if he is the one earmarked for RB, McGlynn would have nailed this early doors. Either a lot of toss, or the guy has better offers. Pure conjecture but I’d be disappointed that he wouldn’t be eyeing up a few at RB and not all eggs in the one basket.

I’m sure he’ll have his eggs in more than one basket but do you not try and get your first choice before moving on to your second? I’m sure he’s aware of more RB’s than just Tumilty. 

8 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

serious question.

How many games do we give McGlynn if the team aren't in the top 2 and hunting for automatic promotion?

I'm suggesting any more than 6pts ie 2 wins of first place after 9 games and he's out on his ear.

There is no excuse I'll accept this season

I know you’ve started this with the words ‘serious question’ but this surely can’t be a serious question. Why don’t you wait and see how we’re actually getting on before planning your protest against the manager. You never know, you might not need to worry about it. Absolutely incredible. 

8 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

serious question.

How many games do we give McGlynn if the team aren't in the top 2 and hunting for automatic promotion?

I'm suggesting any more than 6pts ie 2 wins of first place after 9 games and he's out on his ear.

There is no excuse I'll accept this season

I’ve never hidden the fact that I thought McGlynn deserved to be relieved of his duties due to the capitulations in the league, the play-offs and the semi final however given he’s going to be our manager next season, he’ll have my full backing, at the games anyway.

I don’t think going into the season with the attitude you mentioned above is helpful tbh.

When fans start to protest against the manager, that impacts the players and not in a positive way.

As a fan base, we need to be more united, and particularly at home games create a better atmosphere.

We will have an average home attendance of around 4 times any other team and it’d be good if we could use this to our advantage rather than moaning.

While our home attendances have held up incredibly well over the last few seasons, I don’t think our away crowds are as good as they used to be. The away games in the central belt should take care of themselves but it would be great if this season some sort of subsidised bus deal could be arranged to allow us to take a good 1,000+ to every away game, I’m thinking of Cove, Montrose, QoTS and Annan, making them really feel like home games and giving us a tremendous advantage throughout the season.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve never hidden the fact that I thought McGlynn deserved to be relieved of his duties due to the capitulations in the league, the play-offs and the semi final however given he’s going to be our manager next season, he’ll have my full backing, at the games anyway.

I don’t think going into the season with the attitude you mentioned above is helpful tbh.

When fans start to protest against the manager, that impacts the players and not in a positive way.

As a fan base, we need to be more united, and particularly at home games create a better atmosphere.

We will have an average home attendance of around 4 times any other team and it’d be good if we could use this to our advantage rather than moaning.

This.

Unless McGlynn wins us back to back promotions and a Scottish Cup  I’ll never forgive him for the grotesque first half at Airdrie, even then I would probably still hold a grudge.

However he is still our manager and as such it would be stupidity of the highest level not to hope that he gets it right this season.

12 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Can see the club getting the Away shirt out sooner to meet demand I am sure from those who’ve missed out & have cash burning a hole. 

The release date will be tied in with things like having sufficient retail stock available in all sizes, having players available to model it and, depending on the plans, maybe having sponsors available on a specific day for the players to be snapped at their premises. (that happened last year). Possibly Crunchy Carrots having a spot in their schedule to shoot and edit a video too. None of that has happened yet. 

For those reasons I don't see the release date being brought forward. The club tweeted late June / early July so I'd imagine you'll see it towards the end of next week or sometime the week after. 

37 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The release date will be tied in with things like having sufficient retail stock available in all sizes, having players available to model it and, depending on the plans, maybe having sponsors available on a specific day for the players to be snapped at their premises. (that happened last year). Possibly Crunchy Carrots having a spot in their schedule to shoot and edit a video too. None of that has happened yet. 

For those reasons I don't see the release date being brought forward. The club tweeted late June / early July so I'd imagine you'll see it towards the end of next week or sometime the week after. 

I wouldn’t be to surprised if Tuesday is used as the launch day with there being a friendly with civil service strollers that day unless they play in a colour that does not clash with our home kit then we would use our away one so it would make sense to use that as the launch

28 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

I wouldn’t be to surprised if Tuesday is used as the launch day with there being a friendly with civil service strollers that day unless they play in a colour that does not clash with our home kit then we would use our away one so it would make sense to use that as the launch

I doubt that a kick about on a semi public park will be used to launch the new change kit.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You know as well as I do that the first time MacIver misses a chance or Spencer loses the ball that some fans, including a number on here, will turn against them, while somehow managing to blame it on Nesbitt. 

We do appear to be a smidgeon more fickle than the average fan base!

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I doubt that a kick about on a semi public park will be used to launch the new change kit.

Post a launch video or images on Twitter earlier in the day and then play in it but that seems unlikely now as css play in red soo unless our away kit is yellow, white or green we will play in the Home kit

34 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Hope it's a return to white tops

8 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Post a launch video or images on Twitter earlier in the day and then play in it but that seems unlikely now as css play in red soo unless our away kit is yellow, white or green we will play in the Home kit

They seem to change their mind about their home kit. When camelon played their last season they played in dark blue kit like falkirk as their home kit.

They are the weirdest team in history in regards to not having clear colours seem to float between dark blue, red and white.

Also the away changing rooms will be a culture shock for falkirk. They weren't even clean when we visited 

52 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You know as well as I do that the first time MacIver misses a chance or Spencer loses the ball that some fans, including a number on here, will turn against them, while somehow managing to blame it on Nesbitt. 

We do appear to be a smidgeon more fickle than the average fan base!

That is why a good start is needed. 

On 21/06/2023 at 10:26, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was initially mostly concerned about QoS as their form in the last 10 games of last season was excellent and Bartley was getting a tune out of them and Paton is an excellent striker at this level. Hamilton also seem to be doing good business whilst getting rid of a number of players who got them relegated. Not concerned about Cove as Hartley continually signs players who’ve let him down before.

I think our early transfer business has been better than previous seasons and it’s still early days. I’d also rather guys like Oliver and McKay had been moved on however it is what it is and McGlynn obviously see’s a place for them in the squad.

Queens Park and QoS are discussing compensation for Paton - that’s good news indeed.

In terms of a good start to the season, our record is pitiful. Since beating Gretna 0-4 in August 2007, we have won 1 opening league game of the season. It has to be amongst the worst records in the country.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How does this “full backing” for the manager manifest itself? I don’t get that someone questioning how long McGlynn should get if things are not going well “isn’t helpful”.

I would doubt very much that at a game, anyone could point people out and say “they aren’t giving the manager their full backing”. It doesn’t mean anything.

When fans start to protest against the manager, in most cases, those protests aren’t groundless. Anything against McGlynn in the coming season won’t be groundless, that’s for sure, as he has already laid plenty of groundwork to doubt him last season.

The one thing I can not understand is people still thinking our fans whine and moan more than the average fan base would in our situation. 

the utter dross we have been subjected to over the last 5 years would have seen most clubs lose almost all their home fans, yet we still come in brilliant numbers.

if we don’t start the season well and continue where we left off last season (playing utter pish) the fans will be more than within their rights to let it be known.