The Falkirk FC Thread

Not sure I’d agree that we haven’t lost any goals from the squad. Last season we had Burrell who scored 13 despite starting most games on the bench. Kai Kennedy also got 11 and he missed a good chunk of the season through injury. Mcguffie got 7 goals and hardly played for most of the season.

On paper they’ve been replaced by Maciver (who has never hit double figures in any season), Miller (who’s scored 5 professional goals in his career) and Agyeman (who has scored 7 and 10 in the last 2 seasons but is hardly a prolific goal scorer given the number of matches he played).

Just looking back at the match report for that Victory Shield game I mentioned. Really is a case of where are they now when you look at the 2 teams. Sure many have made good careers but shows how hard it is to make it to the top level when they were once the best of their age level. 

https://www.thefa.com/news/2013/nov/29/scotland-vs-report#:~:text=Scotland 1-0 England&text=An innocuous looking cross appeared,particular looking full of energy.

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not sure I’d agree that we haven’t lost any goals from the squad. Last season we had Burrell who scored 13 despite starting most games on the bench. Kai Kennedy also got 11 and he missed a good chunk of the season through injury. Mcguffie got 7 goals and hardly played for most of the season.

On paper they’ve been replaced by Maciver (who has never hit double figures in any season), Miller (who’s scored 5 professional goals in his career) and Agyeman (who has scored 7 and 10 in the last 2 seasons but is hardly a prolific goal scorer given the number of matches he played).

I actually agree with you, but in fairness Burrell had no career goals and Kennedy had 4 from a handful of loan spells so i’d be inclined to see what they can do for us.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The heavy caveat is that we need to wait and see if this team clicks, but none of these ex players (plus Alegria) had scored too many before they arrived either.  I hope we find a couple more in the loan market, even if he needs to wheel/deal a bit, but it’ll again be down to whether or not we can break down defensive teams and compete with our key competitors. At least it looks like a physically stronger squad, which we’ve needed. 

7 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

I actually agree with you, but in fairness Burrell had no career goals and Kennedy had 4 from a handful of loan spells so i’d be inclined to see what they can do for us.

Burrell had only played around 150 minutes of first team football though when he came to us and did have a decent goalscoring record in the Premier League 2. Kennedy I agree popped up with more goals than expected.

Maciver, Miller and Agyeman have all played a good number of games and the first 2 have no real goal scoring record at all.

3 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Lets see how they line up and the pattern of play in a new look team.

Remember Saint and Grievsie on the football preview talking about that and these two knew their stuff. 'Hit the target even a soft shot, mishit just get it on target and you will be surprised how many went in because the goalie was as surprised as you were. No better example than Dalgleish's goal against Ray Clemence in the England v Scotland clash. Dalglish messed up the shot and it spun out the goalies hands and between his legs. So shoot on sight, hit the target and the fans will forgive a lot.

43 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Just looking back at the match report for that Victory Shield game I mentioned. Really is a case of where are they now when you look at the 2 teams. Sure many have made good careers but shows how hard it is to make it to the top level when they were once the best of their age level. 

https://www.thefa.com/news/2013/nov/29/scotland-vs-report#:~:text=Scotland 1-0 England&text=An innocuous looking cross appeared,particular looking full of energy.

Kirkcaldy, Perthshire. Eh.

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets see how they line up and the pattern of play in a new look team.

Remember Saint and Grievsie on the football preview talking about that and these two knew their stuff. 'Hit the target even a soft shot, mishit just get it on target and you will be surprised how many went in because the goalie was as surprised as you were. No better example than Dalgleish's goal against Ray Clemence in the England v Scotland clash. Dalglish messed up the shot and it spun out the goalies hands and between his legs. So shoot on sight, hit the target and the fans will forgive a lot.

Rubbish. Dalglish's shot was a 49 yard volley over his shoulder on the turn bicycle kick that flew like an Exocet through the Sassenach's legs. 

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't see why there wouldn't be as many or more goals in this team as last season. We haven't lost a goalscorer. We won't be relying on Oliver up top on his own. No reason to suspect Morrison doesn't keep his returns up, no reason to think Agyeman won't outscored Kennedy. 

Once again, goals is lesser among my concerns than RB or a horrible b*****d in the middle of the park. 

Kennedy really is the only player who left that contributed a lot of goals. Hopefully whoever ends up playing on the left wing can emulate that.

That’s the drum been confirmed. At least it gives some people something else to complain about after a good performance.

Website ✅ 

Pies ✅

Nesbitt contract extension ✅

Oliver contract extension ✅

Drum ✅

If I’ve missed anything then please add and feel free to use these options when the performance on the pitch leaves you with little to moan about. 

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

That’s the drum been confirmed. At least it gives some people something else to complain about after a good performance.

Website ✅ 

Pies ✅

Drum ✅

If I’ve missed anything then please add and feel free to use these options when the performance on the pitch leaves you with little to moan about. 

The new commentators

The shade of green on the rubber crumb?

9 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Website ✅ 

Pies ✅

Drum ✅

The fact that McGlynn definitely, definitely decided to extend Nesbitt's contract rather than sign a right back.

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Least the squads pretty much settled with about 4 weeks to go before first league game. 

Your striker options look worrying though. Don't see where the goals will come from.

No right back and an abundance of centre midfielders, not sure that's settled. I'm sure Houston didn't have a right back for one season tho really all his time minus Duffie. I still sweat thinking of Gasoparoto playing there 

The pars forwards weren't exactly huge goalscorer pedigree last season, effective but I don't think any of them scored a massive lot in one season.

I said way back our season will hinge on Agyeman, Lawall and Allan turning up and maybe MacIver, I fully expect Morrison will and Oliver will chip in. The lack of natural right back won't hurt much in league one but the lack of scoring goals will if the above don't deliver.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

No right back and an abundance of centre midfielders, not sure that's settled. I'm sure Houston didn't have a right back for one season tho really all his time minus Duffie. I still sweat thinking of Gasoparoto playing there 

The pars forwards weren't exactly huge goalscorer pedigree last season, effective but I don't think any of them scored a massive lot in one season.

I said way back o, so he'll likely walk away for nothingur season will hinge on Agyeman, Lawall and Allan turning up and maybe MacIver, I fully expect Morrison will and Oliver will chip in. The lack of natural right back won't hurt much in league one but the lack of scoring goals will if the above don't deliver.

I wouldn't have been overly upset if we'd managed to get decent money for Morrison in this window. I think I'm right in saying that this is the last season of his deal so he'll likely walk for nothing at the end of it. I think things were going a wee bit stale for him too last term. Having signed Agyeman, I wouldn't be surprised if McGlynn was expecting him to be away too?

51 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Rubbish. Dalglish's shot was a 49 yard volley over his shoulder on the turn bicycle kick that flew like an Exocet through the Sassenach's legs. 

What a goal! we all poured out the Newmarket Bar onto the street jumping about the traffic stopped one or 2 drivers got out their cars and joined in. What a moment

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I wouldn't have been overly upset if we'd managed to get decent money for Morrison in this window. I think I'm right in saying that this is the last season of his deal so he'll likely walk for nothing at the end of it. I think things were going a wee bit stale for him too last term. Having signed Agyeman, I wouldn't be surprised if McGlynn was expecting him to be away too?

Morrison will need to play out his skin to get a better gig than us at the end of this season. I assume he wants and intends to move on. A Championship winning side in which he was key would be by far his best hope of a career in football beyond us. 

42 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Website ✅ 

Pies ✅

Drum ✅

You missed the lightbulb cartel the council have over the club 💡😉

45 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Website ✅ 

Pies ✅

Drum ✅

Fifer birdshite on the seats