The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think that Nesbit quite suits the pivot role. He always take the ball on the half turn with his head up. He doesnt dilly dally like he does further up the park. He just takes it and moves it on. Train him in that role IMO. 

I thought he was the best man on the park TBH.

Fairly professional performance 1st half to kill the game off. Ross's goal was a cracker. Thought the five laddies that came on would maybe go for it a wee bit considering it's an opportunity to stake a claim for a first team spot but tempo was quite flat once they came on. 

another home tie against Lower tier opposition in the next round please x 

A really solid win against a poor side. I did expect to see some of the second string boys starting but I can only assume it's important to the club financially that we get as far in that cup as possible so that probably made mcglynns mind up in terms of who started. 

9 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

But early tho? Hamilton havent dropped any more points in the league than a fortnight ago

Yeah. This is going to wire and if Cove claw their way into the mix it will be on their merits. I think we really have to beat them next week. It would worry me if we lost that. 

31 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

A really solid win against a poor side. I did expect to see some of the second string boys starting but I can only assume it's important to the club financially that we get as far in that cup as possible so that probably made mcglynns mind up in terms of who started. 

McGlynn did the right thing. Get the result sorted early and leave the options for who goes off and on.

Job done.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

After hearing McGlynn's interview I am more than a tad nervous of going up to Montrose with no midfield!

Haven't heard it, however surely an issue putting 5 subs on in one go and not leaving any options, Finn was limping for half an hour?

I'm really surprised with that move.

Jesus, judging by those stats it was a completely different match to the one we had against United and they will be wondering how they arent in the hat for the next round. Despite dominating many games this season I dont think we have managed 25 shots against anyone let alone 35