The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Barr said:

Can fill that enormous trek to Annan with the latest club podcast 👀

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-falkirk-fc-podcast/id1623438994?i=1000639347461

Parking generally alright down there?

Main problem is crowds of locals coming to stare at the horseless carriage.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Just picking up on the Edinburgh City situation, unless there’s something I’m missing, as best it looks like the end for them. If they do fold, I’m assuming that any points amassed will simply be void ? 

Yeah would definitely be the case. Meaning Hamilton would gain 2 on us. We should loan them McKay and Allan with wages paid by us to keep them going. 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Yeah would definitely be the case. Meaning Hamilton would gain 2 on us. We should loan them McKay and Allan with wages paid by us to keep them going. 

Don't think that's fair TBH. Hamilton shouldn't be rewarded for failure. 3 points should just be awarded to each opponent from the first match that they can't fulfil.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think that's fair TBH. Hamilton shouldn't be rewarded for failure. 3 points should just be awarded to each opponent from the first match that they can't fulfil.

And when have Falkirk FC ever been treated fairly in Scottish Football Shagger?

If a team is kicked out of a league part way through a season (or folds through lack of players/going bust), then all of their results prior to their demise are usually annulled (expunged from records and points gained by their opponents removed) and remaining scheduled matches cancelled

If Edinburgh go tits up we'll lose 3 points and Hamilton will only lose 1.

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If a team is kicked out of a league part way through a season (or folds through lack of players/going bust), then all of their results prior to their demise are usually annulled (expunged from records and points gained by their opponents removed) and remaining scheduled matches cancelled

Totally unfair IMO.

39 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What happens in terms of relegation/promotion? Would there simply be a play off involving the bottom club this season?

14 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

What happens in terms of relegation/promotion? Would there simply be a play off involving the bottom club this season?

Haven't a clue mate. 1 down, 2 up maybe? No relegation from League 2 and the Highland champions play the Lowland champions for  a place in league 2 to keep it at 10 teams?

I really do like the way Mcglynn always thanks for the fans in his interviews. He’s done it since day 1. Yes, at the end of the day results are what the fans want but considering some of the fuds we’ve had in charge recently (Hartley) it’s nice to see someone who actually gets it and understands how important it is to have the fans onside.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Surely we would  lose 6, Hamilton 4 and Cove 1

Just hope they make it to the end of the season. Even if they have a liquidation event, or whatever it’s called, they’ll lose 25 pts and be relegated. As long as they complete their games. If they went bust proper, then expunging results is probably fairest, even if it’s a drag for us. 

13 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Does anybody know if the match tomorrow will be on FTV? (Yes, I know I need a VPN). On the website now and only seems to be giving me an audio option?

13 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Does anybody know if the match tomorrow will be on FTV? (Yes, I know I need a VPN). On the website now and only seems to be giving me an audio option?

Now Now. It is only 1 hour 38mins in a Massey Ferguson Tractor and you can be in Annan and eating ice-cream.  You have been given this information by some tube earlier!