The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't really get the desperation to keep long past January anyway. Would it have been a complete disaster to give Hogarth the number one spot to himself and recalled the young lad hayward who has looked  capable enough to be a backup. Injuries are covered by emergency loans for keepers anyway. It just seems to be a situation we have got ourselves in for nothing really .

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We shouldn't have any problem shifting Jordan Allan out the door in the summer, another 2 goals for him yesterday to make it 5 goals and 2 assists in 7 games.

It’s good for the lad he’s found some form. It all depends what plans McGlynn has in his head for next season, since Allan’s still contracted to us I think. If he keeps up this form there maybe a part for him to play for us next season.

Not having that they are equally bad. Long has cost us far more goals this season than Hogarth. Mainly because while they both have weaknesses Hogarths mainly lie in some slack distribution (which seems to improve after a while) and he is less confident coming off his line. The thing is both of these weaknesses can be supplemented with help from the others in the box. A slack bit of distribution has a better chance of being fixed by the defence than a mistake catching the ball 3 yards from goal. Longs main weakness is exactly that, balls flying over his head and that's far more dangerous than Hogarths mistakes. That's proven itself in the goals we have lost to goal keeper mistakes. On a positive note - would also say both goalies are really excellent reflexive shot stoppers although I think Hogarth has a slight edge there as well. 

In the end it can cost us points. And in the grand scheme of the league it's maybe not that important and I don't think that the draw yesterday is a big deal. We need 13 more points to win the league and to say that in March is exceptional. But still, to say there is no difference between goalies is just evidently wrong even with them both having weaknesses in their game. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

I think the biggest mistake with regards to keepers lies with McGlynn and not the actual keepers. Rotation may work in other parts of the team but it doesn’t with keepers, Sam looked shaky at the start of the season but then looked excellent before getting injured, Nicky came in and looked shaky but then came onto a game and looked excellent before the full rotation pish started. It has to stop, McGlynn picks our team not Lincoln fucking City.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think the biggest mistake with regards to keepers lies with McGlynn and not the actual keepers. Rotation may work in other parts of the team but it doesn’t with keepers, Sam looked shaky at the start of the season but then looked excellent before getting injured, Nicky came in and looked shaky but then came onto a game and looked excellent before the full rotation pish started. It has to stop, McGlynn picks our team not Lincoln fucking City.

Strangely enough mcglynn didn't come over in his interview as if he's overly enamoured by the goalkeeping situation either . He mentioned the issue in January but I fail to see how now that the window is shut we are still rotating in march.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I want a DKD type next season to play as the 10, somebody who can go win a game on their own. 

Rightly or wrongly, Nesbitt will be at 10 next season imo. I would like another option to compete with him though.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Strangely enough mcglynn didn't come over in his interview as if he's overly enamoured by the goalkeeping situation either . He mentioned the issue in January but I fail to see how now that the window is shut we are still rotating in march.

I wonder then if his hand is being forced to rotate because of something written into the deal. If it is then it’s crazy and Sam should have just been sent back down the road.

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I actually think we hammered them in the first half without making it count obviously.

Second half much more sluggish but still comfortable until the nonsense at the end.

Aye that's probably fair, we were all over them but I feel their keeper had too easy a time of it.

I think the sticking point for many is that the MCGlynns been hell bent with “rotating” the players, when we didn’t need to. As soon as the team was announced at 2, everyone in our crowd went the same thought, that the team would be slow through the middle with McGinn back in the pack. Albeit we started off with some great early chances, felt we lost our sharpness and by mid second half, they clearly found width and pace that caused us issues. To hear that we have a controversial set up with Long, for me is simply not acceptable, and McGlynn shouldn’t be reporting to another bloody club. Two average keepers but Hogarth must be livid having his best game in the jersey to be dropped to the bench next game. 

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I want a DKD type next season to play as the 10, somebody who can go win a game on their own. 

I know you’re not saying sign DKD, however I never understood the love for him. DKD who was very instrumental in getting us relegated, getting sent off at Q of S when the game was won and the added time resulted in them getting an equalising penalty. He then ended up being suspended for the Alloa match. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think the sticking point for many is that the MCGlynns been hell bent with “rotating” the players, when we didn’t need to. As soon as the team was announced at 2, everyone in our crowd went the same thought, that the team would be slow through the middle with McGinn back in the pack. Albeit we started off with some great early chances, felt we lost our sharpness and by mid second half, they clearly found width and pace that caused us issues. To hear that we have a controversial set up with Long, for me is simply not acceptable, and McGlynn shouldn’t be reporting to another bloody club. Two average keepers but Hogarth must be livid having his best game in the jersey to be dropped to the bench next game. 

I agree regarding McGinn as well, his legs have gone and our play is slower. Apart from the odd few minutes here and there off the bench when the game is won he shouldn’t be near our team.

If he fancies another season, and is fit, I'd still be looking to bring McGovern in as first choice next year in a player/coach role.  Bags of experience which Hogarth & Hayward can learn from. 

As for the 10, I agree it's likely to be Nesbitt.  I think Ross or Tait could also play there.  I don't think Ross is necessarily best out wide.  

Let’s focus on Tuesday, a difficult game up there nevertheless the run they might be on. They had 5 players on the bench yesterday and Ola was one so he won’t be in the squad on Tuesday. I’d like to see us line up :

Hogarth (I know it will be Long) 

Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann

Spencer Henderson

Morrison Agyeman Miller

MacIver

If Morrison is injured, Alfie to the right and Nesbitt in the 10. Thought Nesbitt had a poor game yesterday. Agyeman caused them all sorts of problems in the 10 up there the last time when he was eventually moved there.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Let’s focus on Tuesday, a difficult game up there nevertheless the run they might be on. They had 5 players on the bench yesterday and Ola was one so he won’t be in the squad on Tuesday. I’d like to see us line up :

Hogarth (I know it will be Long) 

Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann

Spencer Henderson

Morrison Agyeman Miller

MacIver

If Morrison is injured, Alfie to the right and Nesbitt in the 10. Thought Nesbitt had a poor game yesterday. Agyeman caused them all sorts of problems in the 10 up there the last time when he was eventually moved there.

Would also love to see Ethan Ross in the 10. He has been exceptional the last few games he has been on both down the wing but also coming in to the centre and think having him in with Morrison and Miller on either side could be deadly. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Would also love to see Ethan Ross in the 10. He has been exceptional the last few games he has been on both down the wing but also coming in to the centre and think having him in with Morrison and Miller on either side could be deadly. 

Exceptional? Honestly feel like I’m watching a different player from some people. Lots of effort with fairly little cutting edge so far. He’s got 10 games to earn a contract