The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

image.thumb.png.3af11489ace144a89cf7e2f81a6e3217.png

Oh my !!!!

If I'm lucky enough to acquire one of these when they go on sale (only 150 being made apparently!) it'll be getting framed.

Unrelated: Would also like to echo that I'd like to see the Est. 1876 return to the badge.

Edited by Raybowski89

The Crunchy Carrots design which was widely criticised at at the start has now become iconic.  It appears to have done the sponsor a lot of good too as the exposure has helped them move to bigger premises. This success story should help us get more sponsors.

Was just thinking. Out of our squad only Donaldson, Henderson  McCann, Nesbitt and Morrison were Falkirk players before McGlynn took over. What a difference he has made to all of them. Some feat when a lot of them were considered dross before he arrived.

Edited by Bigbrbairn

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The Crunchy Carrots design which was widely criticised at at the start has now become iconic.  It appears to have done the sponsor a lot of good too as the exposure has helped them move to bigger premises. This success story should help us get more sponsors.

Aye, really hated that sponsor to begin with. Defo iconic now!

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Was just thinking. Out of our squad only Donaldson, Henderson  McCann, Nebitt and Morrison were Falkirk players before McGlynn took over. What a difference he has made to all of them. Some feat when a lot of them were considered dross before he arrived.

Donaldson. What more can you say? He's went from someone a lot of people wanted binned to arguably player of the year.

23 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

If I'm lucky enough to acquire one of these when they go on sale (only 150 being made apparently!) it'll be getting framed.

Unrelated: Would also like to echo that I'd like to see the Est. 1876 return to the badge.

I think charging £100 would have still meant we’d sell out of them. Still expect a lot more commemorative merchandise to come out.

Wonder if there could be something done about postage and extra costs for orders outside of the UK. Ordering this season’s home shirt from Greaves Sports cost me £20 in postage and nearly £20 in customs fees.

18 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Was just thinking. Out of our squad only Donaldson, Henderson  McCann, Nesbitt and Morrison were Falkirk players before McGlynn took over. What a difference he has made to all of them. Some feat when a lot of them were considered dross before he arrived.

Donaldson & Henderson were signed by McGlynn. 

2 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Totally agree. I still think it was the right decision to sack them, but I personally don’t put them in the same bracket as sheerin, McKinnon, holt, Hartley or rennie. But I might have my navy blue tinted glasses on when I say that! 

There recruitment wasn't the worst but it was still honking. The fact that those mentioned managed to trump them for dreadful recruitment is some achievement.

7 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

How wonderful it would be for Mr McGlynn and Callumn Morrison to win SPFL manger and player of the year respectively. Still expect an ugly sister to take each prize 

It’ll depend on a lot of factors. If we have an invincible season then unless Sevco win the treble then it’s hard to make a case for another manager having had a better season than McGlynn. Rodgers obviously can’t win the treble so even if he does a double, it’s less than what Celtic won last year and tbh you should really be winning at least a double with Celtic anyway.

POTY, similar scenario but swap in Butland and Tavernier to challenge Morrison probably along with Shankland.

15 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

I think charging £100 would have still meant we’d sell out of them. Still expect a lot more commemorative merchandise to come out.

Wonder if there could be something done about postage and extra costs for orders outside of the UK. Ordering this season’s home shirt from Greaves Sports cost me £20 in postage and nearly £20 in customs fees.

Aye, it'll sell out instantly regardless of price.

Jeezo, that ends up being a very expensive Falkirk shirt indeed! Do you still have family based in Scotland? Would it possibly be cheaper for them to send it to you? £20 seems incredibly steep considering I've sent shirts to places like Argentina and Australia and I think it only cost something like £10? Can't comment on customs fees mind you.

41 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Anyone know if they are our front of shirt sponsor for next season?

21 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Donaldson & Henderson were signed by McGlynn. 

yeah the only survivors are Nisbett and McCann signed by Holt and Morrison signed by M&M. both Nisbett and McCann didn't feature much under Rennie yet have thrived under McGlynn. good to see.

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

And interference from Holt

Had the my had anything about them, told him to butt out and weren't working for a clueless board who appointed Holt they may have had a little chance. However as they are both effectively out of the game it should tell even you what their ability was to turn this club around. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m being told there are other pictures with Nissy and Miller swigging the tonic too 🤣

Ask and ye shall receive! I don't know why I find it so funny seeing them scooping Buckie, but I do 🤣

Screenshot_20240401_142328_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Raybowski89