The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Looking at the Partick Thistle thread it doesn’t give me a lot of hope. I know fans can be biased etc but they’re usually the best judge of what a player is like.

Underwhelming.

Hey, don't get too down. You could have ended up with Ross Stewart.

20 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

My apologies for misleading but I did an interview with McGlynn which is to be published later this week and he said categorically that we were signing a loan player as goalkeeper from a high end club. All I can say is I guess plans change. 

He missed out on Stone I would

wager 

Always a chance stone was going to get a better offer of a definite number one which we couldn't give him. Sneddon will do a job as a backup probably playing the odd cup game.  I doubt it's that easy to get much better in as a number 2

Maybe in the minority but I think he’s been signed to be No.1. 85 appearances at Championship level so he’s pretty experienced - played 21 league games for Thistle last season as they finished 3rd. I think he’s in ahead of Hogarth tbh, at least initially.

31 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

Looking at the Partick Thistle thread it doesn’t give me a lot of hope. I know fans can be biased etc but they’re usually the best judge of what a player is like.

Underwhelming.

Re: Sneddon, this isn’t just a snap reaction to a player leaving and signing somewhere else. We’ve had nearly a decade of Jamie Sneddon to know his strengths and weaknesses, and unfortunately they really haven’t changed too much in that entire length of service with us.

He’ll make some truly spectacular saves but will let in a horrendous clanger every couple of months. For an overall summary I’d say he’s a really good shot-stopper, decent at kicking, poor communication and overall command of us box. With the odd howler, as mentioned before.

He’s a nice guy though so I hope this move works out for him.

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Maybe in the minority but I think he’s been signed to be No.1. 85 appearances at Championship level so he’s pretty experienced - played 21 league games for Thistle last season as they finished 3rd. I think he’s in ahead of Hogarth tbh, at least initially.

McGlynn has been very honest with every player, if you get a slot it yours to lose. For me, was fairly routine to give balanced GK opportunities last season with how it mapped out, not convinced that he will this season. Whoever gets the gig, I would imagine has the slot to lose. 

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'd expect Nicky to start as number one. I very much doubt he would've signed up without some kind of confirmation that the situation would be completely different from last season.  Now I'm sure he knows as well as anyone else that he will have to perform to keep the jersey but he won't have signed up to not play.  Sneddon will get his chance of Nicky slips up and then it's his responsibility to keep it

Here from the interview done 17 days ago. No harm now putting this here:

“ We will need to bring another goalkeeper, and we have agreed with a club to take one of their goalkeepers on loan (although its not official yet as that’s not allowed) but it’s been agreed verbally. 
We’ve agreed with another player who’s been playing in the  Championship for the past 6 years that he will come to us too 
(Arbroath’s Michael McKenna was announced after this interview 
took place).
We continuously talk with players who are out of contract. “

i presume the deal fell through. Things happen. 

Just spoke to the ticket office/club shop.

A post will be coming out soon to confirm that physical season tickets will be available for collection from the shop.

She also advised that they expect the shop to be extremely busy tomorrow as the new strip goes on sale.

The shop is closed all day Wednesday to allow everyone to attend Gordon’s funeral.

Apologies if I’m sharing info that you all already know.

Cheers.

Sneddon will be fine, the type of player we need in the squad I think.

Someone we know can do a job in the championship and will be reliable enough in the sticks if he gets a chance.

No doubt he'll have a mistake in him but that's true of every player at this level so nothing to worry about. 

23 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Sneddon will be fine, the type of player we need in the squad I think.

Someone we know can do a job in the championship and will be reliable enough in the sticks if he gets a chance.

No doubt he'll have a mistake in him but that's true of every player at this level so nothing to worry about. 

Totally concur & also good to see the very positive comments on Thistle thread re his character which is essential for ease of integration into squad.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just spoke to the ticket office/club shop.

A post will be coming out soon to confirm that physical season tickets will be available for collection from the shop.

She also advised that they expect the shop to be extremely busy tomorrow as the new strip goes on sale.

The shop is closed all day Wednesday to allow everyone to attend Gordon’s funeral.

Apologies if I’m sharing info that you all already know.

Cheers.

Are the new strips on sale tomorrow? I assumed tomorrow was the day the photos - and presumably video - of the new strips go live with the sale of strips starting Thursday if the shop is closed on Wednesday 

4 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Are the new strips on sale tomorrow? I assumed tomorrow was the day the photos - and presumably video - of the new strips go live with the sale of strips starting Thursday if the shop is closed on Wednesday 

I'd expect so. Depending on the design, folk will want one immediately and others will be happy to buy online and wait for delivery.

I don't see a reason for a delay in sales starting.

Looks like Airdrie are victims of their own success as Josh Rae has signed with St Johnstone. They may well recruit well but it won’t be easy losing Fordyce, Ballantyne, Rae and potentially more to come