The Falkirk FC Thread

Again, can he play up top on his own or is he the type that needs a partner?

Needs a partner without a doubt. Our start to the season and the way Houston has us set up proved that. There is no doubting he has quality though and he will score goals for Dundee

EDIT: David Oliver of the Falkirk Herald tweeting that FFC knew of interest but didn't know deal had been concluded and to be announced. If that's true, I sincerely hope that Dundee haven't acted unprofessionally on this

Edited by ToonBairn

It is no surprise if you read any of their fans forums. THe knives have been out for weeks.

It's no surprise if you suffered the ignominious failure's tenure as Falkirk manager.

Only surprise is that he's lasted this long.

Again, can he play up top on his own or is he the type that needs a partner?

Def needs a partner. He was much less effective in the first third of this season when Houston had him isolated on his own. Much more effective with Baird beside him and the two already have a good understanding.

He's good with the ball at this feet, good close control, a decent shot, and a hard-worker; he's unselfish, tracks back, gets involved. But not great pace over distance, and can be easily knocked off the ball so a bit lightweight. And he def can't be relied on from the penalty spot. Will be sorry to see him go, many Bairns' POTY last season and still one of our best this.

No comparison with that waster Philip 'petted lip' Roberts

Needs a partner without a doubt. Our start to the season and the way Houston has us set up proved that. There is no doubting he has quality though and he will score goals for Dundee

EDIT: David Oliver of the Falkirk Herald tweeting that FFC knew of interest but didn't know deal had been concluded and to be announced. If that's true, I sincerely hope that Dundee haven't acted unprofessionally on this

You can talk to a player without the club knowing in the last 6 months of a contract can you not? Or is this classed as tapping up?

You can talk to a player without the club knowing in the last 6 months of a contract can you not? Or is this classed as tapping up?

I'm sure players are entitled to talk to clubs in the last 6 months of there contract and in this case Loy is well within his rights. Bigger move for him and a 3 year deal is to his credit. My concern is that Falkirk knew of Dundees interest but either DFC or Loys' agent hasn't confirmed to FFC, that a deal has been concluded and then have went further to confirm if. If that's the case then that's poor IMO

Big loss for us next season, he's been excellent for us. I was raging when we signed him but he's proven me so wrong it's unreal. 3 year deal is good for him.

At least it gives us a while to replace him I suppose. All the more motivation for Morgan to impress.

ToonBairn, on 23 Feb 2015 - 16:48, said:

If Falkirk knew of our interest, then that would have be done as a courtesy from ourselves. We don't even have to technically tell you we're in for him if the player is over the required compo age and in the last 6 months of his contract. Therefore I think it's more alarming that Falkirk are stating this as by the way you've worded your post, it sounds like they were caught on the hop.

Dennistoun Bairn, on 23 Feb 2015 - 16:57, said:

Def needs a partner. He was much less effective in the first third of this season when Houston had him isolated on his own. Much more effective with Baird beside him and the two already have a good understanding.

He's good with the ball at this feet, good close control, a decent shot, and a hard-worker; he's unselfish, tracks back, gets involved. But not great pace over distance, and can be easily knocked off the ball so a bit lightweight. And he def can't be relied on from the penalty spot. Will be sorry to see him go, many Bairns' POTY last season and still one of our best this.

No comparison with that waster Philip 'petted lip' Roberts

We really need a player to play up top on his own so that's disappointing to hear. Stewart plays as our LW really, but suppose they two could create a formidable partnership. A hard working striker is definitely required considering our experience with Clarkson thus far.

We have Tankulic who's a very good player, but can't find the net to save his life, so good to see he's a striker than can find the net.

Cheers.

Guest Back Post Misses

For Dundee fans who will have a knowledge of our team in the last 3 or 4 years.

There have been at least 8 players who imo are a bigger loss to the club than Loy.

McGovern

Farid

Taylor

McGrandles

Miller

Kingsley

Wallace

Higginbotham

I also would be more worried about losing Sibbald and Vaulks than Loy from the current side.

Decent player who will do ok in the top league. Is he going to tear it up? Not for me.

Disappointed at the timing but it was pretty much common knowledge he was off at the end of the season.

I only see that Dundee get anything anything out of announcing this now as it will show to their punters where they are headed. The player and Falkirk get nothing. The player in fact could get slaughtered if he doesn't do well.

Anyway good luck to him if he thinks this is the best move for him. I won't look back in years to come and think "that Rory Loy was some player"

Hate PCAs with a passion.

Really don't see the point in making it public,it certainly isnt going to do the player and favours for his remaining time at the bairns.

Still got a bitter taste in my mouth with that chunt Lyle announcing he was signing for Our promotion rivals in the summer.

Would have preferred another player with Falkirk history in Lyle Taylor rather than Loy tbh but Hartley has been far wrong with his dealings in the transfer market.

Maybe take in the game against Sevco on Friday wether he will see much off the ball will be a different story.

Back Post Misses, on 23 Feb 2015 - 18:03, said:

For Dundee fans who will have a knowledge of our team in the last 3 or 4 years.

There have been at least 8 players who imo are a bigger loss to the club than Loy.

McGovern

Farid

Taylor

McGrandles

Miller

Kingsley

Wallace

Higginbotham

I also would be more worried about losing Sibbald and Vaulks than Loy from the current side.

Decent player who will do ok in the top league. Is he going to tear it up? Not for me.

Disappointed at the timing but it was pretty much common knowledge he was off at the end of the season.

I only see that Dundee get anything anything out of announcing this now as it will show to their punters where they are headed. The player and Falkirk get nothing. The player in fact could get slaughtered if he doesn't do well.

Anyway good luck to him if he thinks this is the best move for him. I won't look back in years to come and think "that Rory Loy was some player"

I don't think anyone is acting as if this is the biggest steal we've ever made. It's on paper, a very good signing for us as it's a position we've notably been quite poor in this season. We are also delighted that we are trying to get our business done early for once and finally looking like a professional outfit.

Wouldn't Vaulks or Sibbald command very decent fees if they were to be poached by another outfit? Even if they were out of contract, development fees probably mean outwith Celtic there's not really a chance of any other Scottish side getting their hands on either of those.

PCA's mean nothing in this day and age and it could still go all wrong. If I was a Falkirk fan I'd be slightly annoyed that this has been announced whilst battling out for a play-off spot, but the reaction of some of your fans has been hysterical to be fair from not only on here but on your own forum as well. Kiddy in particular being an absolute delight.

Guest Back Post Misses

It's no surprise if you suffered the ignominious failure's tenure as Falkirk manager.

Only surprise is that he's lasted this long.

Not biting

Guest Back Post Misses

Ludo

The point I was trying to make was we have lost better players IMO, and replaced them.

Sibbald and Vaulks have been magnificent this season, especially Sibbald and would be a bigger loss than Loy. Sibbald will be the next who goes for big bucks.

I am not convinced he will cut the mustard in the top league. He is not the strongest or quickest. Yes he is a decent finisher at times and his close control is good. He is a decent player but ain't no superstar though.

Loy tries like a bear, quite technical, tracks back when he's lost possession but he is often found out of position, winning the ball back, then crossing it into the box when no body is there. I would say he's like the Scottish championship equivalent of a Wayne Rooney type, ie not really a striker just a hard working footballer, oh you should let him take the penalties he's excellent at them.

NewBornBairn, on 23 Feb 2015 - 18:55, said:NewBornBairn, on 23 Feb 2015 - 18:55, said:

Tbh, Loy should have left last summer on a high as this season has been a letdown, more perspiration than inspiration on his part.

How's that w****r Roberts getting on btw?

Provided an excellent display against Celtic, then been a lazy b*****d ever since. Currently at loan at Alloa. Spotted him out the night before at a nightclub Alloa's game against Cowden on Saturday in which he played the full 90, so it doesn't look like he's knuckling down either.

Edited by Ludo *1