The Falkirk FC Thread

Happy with that. Seems highly rated though he did play against us in the 7-1 game last season

Hopefully doesn't mean Lang has had another injury setback

Frees up Henderson to move into midfield if required anyway 

Just need another striker as cover for MacIver and the squad will be looking very #tidy 

ETA: If Morrison is out until January as rumoured and I was being greedy I'd also want another winger 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Graham's left sided though. If Donaldson's out we'll have 3 left sided guys, would have made more sense to sign someone right footed.

On the other hand playing against a team with a few left-footed players is a problem for the opposition. They bring natural balance and width to a team.

Swings and roundabouts and a good signing.

I can't see him just being depth tbh. He's one of the most hyped/promising (delete as appropriate dependent on performances) young players we've had in a long time. Sheffield United & Arsenal have been regularly keeping tabs on him and he's been on a few different training trials with Sheffield United.

He was promoted to our first team this season and indeed even started in the Dundee Derby and our league cup campaign. We've reverted back to a 4 at the back system instead of a 3 and have a multitude of options at CH.

He's big, he's strong and he's quite decent in the air but absolutely needs games. This could be the loan spell that's the absolute making of him and we wouldn't have sent him out on loan to be back-up when he's already acting as that for us, we are aiming for him to net us a big fee next season or be starting in our back line so a lot of pressure is on him to do well for you.

Hope he does well! Certainly already better than the likes of Sam Fisher or Kyle Benedictus ever were. 

Good to have another centre back in which will mean when Lang is fit we've got 4 guys who can cover that spot without pulling in a full back.

Ah others have said a backup for McIver would be good as well but we will need to wait and see on that. So far a sensible use of the Celtic money. 

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

On the other hand playing against a team with a few left-footed players is a problem for the opposition. They bring natural balance and width to a team.

Swings and roundabouts and a good signing.

They're not going to bring balance if we're playing a left sided player on the right. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can't see him just being depth tbh. He's one of the most hyped/promising (delete as appropriate dependent on performances) young players we've had in a long time. Sheffield United & Arsenal have been regularly keeping tabs on him and he's been on a few different training trials with Sheffield United.

He was promoted to our first team this season and indeed even started in the Dundee Derby and our league cup campaign. We've reverted back to a 4 at the back system instead of a 3 and have a multitude of options at CH.

He's big, he's strong and he's quite decent in the air but absolutely needs games. This could be the loan spell that's the absolute making of him and we wouldn't have sent him out on loan to be back-up when he's already acting as that for us, we are aiming for him to net us a big fee next season or be starting in our back line so a lot of pressure is on him to do well for you.

Hope he does well! Certainly already better than the likes of Sam Fisher or Kyle Benedictus ever were. 

Is he quick? We could use a bit of pace at CB in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I agree with that. I think Celtic's pace up front could be a big problem for Coll and Hendo. 

4 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Certainly wouldn't say he's a slouch but we tried him out at LB in pre-season and let's just say, he's the type of player that you know is a CH being played LB.

For his size and build, he's deceptively quick but wouldn't say that's his biggest asset more strength, reading of the game (for a young lad) and can pass it with ease.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree with that. I think Celtic's pace up front could be a big problem for Coll and Hendo. 

That's my biggest concern for Sunday, I don't think they've a hope in hell of catching any of their forwards if they are played in behind. 

Quite happy with that signing tbh. It was either centre-half or up front we were needing cover in. Can't see him getting into the team right away as Coll and especially Hendo have been fantastic so far this season but does give us options if Hendo is needed in midfield for a few games.

If anyone else was at that dreadful midweek 0-0 up at Montrose last November he was comfortably the best player on the park that night.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Played in the league cup group stage for Dundee but is available for Sunday according to website. 

Have the rules changed for a situation like this?

Yeah if you only play in the group stages then you aren't cup tied for the knockout.

37 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

They're not going to bring balance if we're playing a left sided player on the right. 

Case of wait and see. Needed CB cover McGlynn made the call that Graham fitted the bill. Maybe factors in the background regarding the choice made. Availability, affordability, conditions attached and fitness of some players.

We play right sided players on the left so don't think it will be an issue. But a good signing in a position requiring cover.

CF next week please Danial Cummings from Celtic would do nicely.

3 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I would want to see a reserve team in reserve league before considering woman team

On the reserves, the last time I spoke to Tony Begg about it (admittedly a while back) he said they would like to have a reserve team next season. Will probably depend on this seasons financial performance. Given that we look likely to finish well up the league, where the prize money will be higher, and we have the Celtic game too, I suspect this will be a good financial year for the club. 

We currently have 6 modern apprentices so if we sign a few more again next summer and then keep the existing ones that won't be far off a full reserve team. So the timing might be right for the start of 25/26. Might be worth asking the question of the BOD when the AGM comes round. 

Coll Donaldson is the Captain and rarely puts a foot wrong. Hendo has been arguably better than Coll all season, and also won't get into midfield from the start barring injuries. 

There's no way Graham is a starter unless someone gets injured or suspended until either either of the centre half's form drops. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Sensible to have this cover, obviously throws up a couple of questions over Coll/Lang. 

McGlynn stated in the article saying if we picked up another injury in that department we would be struggling. Don’t think Luke Graham signing means one of our centre backs is injured. At least I hope not. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Coll Donaldson is the Captain and rarely puts a foot wrong. Hendo has been arguably better than Coll all season, and also won't get into midfield from the start barring injuries. 

There's no way Graham is a starter unless someone gets injured or suspended until either either of the centre half's form drops. 

Just adding the depth to our championship winning side.