The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Without knowing the ages of people on here, there appears to be a real generational divide on whether we should be funding the women’s team.  As far as I am concerned, it should be one Falkirk FC and it should be finding mens, women’s kids…the lot.

I don’t think there’s much generational about it. Fans put money into the club to fund a men’s football team and that is the only reason the team can exist as it does.

I have no issue with other teams using the club umbrella or brand but don’t think we should be diverting funds that fans have contributed for one purpose to another, totally different one.

If someone wanted to launch a basketball team under the club name, that would be fine my me. But I would expect that to be funded through their own income streams.

We've done lots of great work to turn the club around but still a long way to go to get back to where we all want to be and then sustaining that. The women's team would just be an unnecessary distraction at this time and let's be honest would only be an oncost we could do without, as a women's team would generate nothing financially.

The other dangerous scenario would be if they start demanding equal pay and treatment as the Scotland Women's International team done just a few tears ago despite the fact the men are generating crowds of 20k when we're shite and full houses when we do well, generating millions, yet the SFA are having to give tickets away for free just to try make 1 stand look sparsely busy for the women's games. 

Keep them where they are as a seperate entity under the Foundation banner....didn't the guy from the foundation that was on Falkirk Daft recently say their accounts were in a healthy position, so pretty shocking if they can't be throwing a bit more cash in the way of the girls to help them progress if need be.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think there's a big difference between 'donating' a couple of grand for kits and a bus for away games for the womens team so they can represent the football club without being out of pocket, and funnelling in the kind of money that would actually impact our playing budget. No one is suggesting the latter 

Why not hold separate fund raising to provide that then advertised via the Falkirk website. 

Obviously a moot point as they aren't part of the club but surely a woman's team would be funded through season and match tickets sold for their games?

I'm not sure how the set up works, but if the players aren't happy with the standard of their kit etc. And the foundation is just keeping any gate money they generate then taking it up with the foundation in the first place would be the sensible idea.

If their ticket sales won't even cover strips and boots then I'd be saying it's an on cost the club doesn't need at this point. 

27 minutes ago, alonso said:

The other dangerous scenario would be if they start demanding equal pay and treatment as the Scotland Women's International team done just a few tears ago

Just to clarify this as you're not the first person to mention pay. The men are professional footballers who get paid for paying as that's their job. 

The women are amateurs who work as Police Officers, teachers, lawyers etc, etc. I think that the case for most of womens football outside the obvious teams in SWPL1. 

55 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t think there’s much generational about it. Fans put money into the club to fund a men’s football team and that is the only reason the team can exist as it does.

I have no issue with other teams using the club umbrella or brand but don’t think we should be diverting funds that fans have contributed for one purpose to another, totally different one.

If someone wanted to launch a basketball team under the club name, that would be fine my me. But I would expect that to be funded through their own income streams.

55 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

100% agree. 
The team I support is Falkirk FC. 
I don’t think we are in a position to drain funds to another team just to be politically correct. 
Not enough financial viability at the moment. Possibly once electric cars are viable 🤣

Haven't seen in mentioned in the past few pages but apologies if it has, but just a wee congrats to the Falkirk Daft Podcast boys for hitting 100 episodes.

Great episode with Col this week but I don't think there has been a bad episode and always look forward to it at the start of the week.

cheers lads! 

25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Just to clarify this as you're not the first person to mention pay. The men are professional footballers who get paid for paying as that's their job. 

The women are amateurs who work as Police Officers, teachers, lawyers etc, etc. I think that the case for most of womens football outside the obvious teams in SWPL1. 

I think that really settles the argument then.... the Club are a professional organisation running professional footballers, the women are amateurs and as such should continue under the Foundation banner and remain the responsibility of the foundation to treat them accordingly. There's been lots of chat lately about how the foundation have pulled away from the club over the years so really it's up to them to step up to the mark with this.

Any future intentions there might be to have a professional Women's team, them I stand by the point I make above and tread with caution.

16 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Haven't seen in mentioned in the past few pages but apologies if it has, but just a wee congrats to the Falkirk Daft Podcast boys for hitting 100 episodes.

Great episode with Col this week but I don't think there has been a bad episode and always look forward to it at the start of the week.

cheers lads! 

I agree well done @RC55 FFC

However can you please stop John calling hospitality “hospo” it does my tits in!

Keep up the good work

Aye, how stupid women demanding equal pay, absolutely ridiculous eh?? God damn these lassies trying to improve the women's game to eventually reach the standard of the men's game. They should know their place.... 

For the avoidance of doubt, heavy sarcasm there. There has been some amount of drivel the last few pages but that rhetoric has got to top it. As with many womens teams that are under their clubs banners they are still amateur and would divert absolutely minimal funding from the mens team. If you think 5k per year for kits and buses affects our team then we really are in trouble. That discussion is a seperate issue anyway and what concerns me more is the lack of support for the women's team whether that's from the foundation or the club I really don't care.

But at this point this foundation argument has become so convoluted that the only people who know what's going on are those on both sides hiding behind their smoke and mirrors using pie and bov for their argument. I normally completely disagree that this forum should be football only (there are game threads for that by the way) but this topic is just dire now. 

6 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Anyone else  think we’ll win by 3 clear goals tonight in the 2nd v 3rd league match tonight 

I wouldn't rule it out. I think we'll win by at least two goals and would be confident of more if we had everyone fit. Any team that sets up to try to stifle us - as Livi fans seems to be suggesting Martindale will - is asking for trouble, especially when we are at home. William Hill had us at 21/20 yesterday to win the game. I thought that was a huge price. I didn't get around to putting on a bet and sure enough it's now long gone - 7/10 this morning and now 6/10, so presumably some big-hitters think the same. You can get 9/2 about Falkirk -2 goals 😉

Edited by choirbairn

If there's a team I really want to see us beat heavily it's this mob tonight. Horrible wee team that cheated there way to a league cup and promotion through the leagues via  financial doping shafting numerous creditors including the tax payer on two occasions.  Happy to employ drug dealers, sex offenders and convicts as long as improve their side.  Keeping them down for another season without the parachute and euro payments would be glorious.

25 minutes ago, Rugster said:

15 months in the clink for Anthony Stokes. 

Tragedy! He had that McAllister, Latapy, Stainrod factor that got you on your feet in anticipation of what he would do.

We all have our own magic moments of their skill and the individuals and teams that ran onto the park looking already beat knowing they were playing.

My moment was against the Pars at East End Park playing keepy uppy daring the opposition to come near him with no takers. What a moment and so sad an end to an exceptional talent.

Think Ross came up with the idea on FD, I’d like to see a home women’s game on the main pitch at the stadium and market it to f**k.

£5 tickets or something, have the men’s players there for signings etc. Family friendly and may make a few quid. From what I’ve heard they currently play in front of 2 (wo)men and a dug. 

If say 100 people stay to watch their next game, it’d be worthwhile.