The Falkirk FC Thread

On 21/04/2021 at 13:16, Duncan Freemason said:

I will third that. Do the Rawlins grasp what they’ve bought into???

Agreed. As i said a few weeks back, we need to rip it all up and start again.  A complete purge of the board and management team.   Get the yes men and self-promoters punted pronto.

Radical action is needed.  Starve the club of cash.   Encourage others not to buy season tickets, sponsorship packages etc.  Giving money to those charlatans that have mismanaged the club for years, shafted volunteers and supporter initiatives on multiple occasions, and driven the club to its lowest ebb will only help them hang on for longer.

Edited by joozy

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Never mentioned you wouldnt receive compensation but i do remember yourself and other Morton supporters seemingly thinking you would receive "millions"deluded or what.

You clearly remember voices speaking to you in your own head, because absolutely nobody claimed this you utter fantasist. 

No you didnt get your recruitment wrong what you did though is sign players without thinking where you were going to get the budget from and whilst yes you received 500k you did show how badly you done things given it was in the middle of a pandemic and no supporters were allowed to games and where you were going to get the money its almost sevco esque in fact. 

The only Sevcoesque approach I'm seeing here is the clown car outfit set to flounder in the seaside leagues for yet another year, yet insisting that a top flight investment plan is the correct solution to that problem.

The gift that just keeps on giving. 

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The Italian boy, Gary Locke and Lee McCulloch were far worse than Clarke. Not to mention dyer who was completely out his depth like our pair.

AA really wasn’t that bad. The result against the Nomads destroyed him and probably ended his chance of ever getting anything going with us but personally speaking I thought he did ok and could see what he was trying to do. 

As for the others....you are probably right. If I was going to truly judge the managers you named above in terms of who I would want in order it would be:

AA

Lee Clark/Alex Dyer would be a tough choice. Probably Clark over Dyer because Clark seemed willing and mental enough to try some new things whereas Dyer never would.

Then I honestly couldn’t pick between McCulloch and Locke. Would probably rather just close the club down.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

You clearly remember voices speaking to you in your own head, because absolutely nobody claimed this you utter fantasist. 

The only Sevcoesque approach I'm seeing here is the clown car outfit set to flounder in the seaside leagues for yet another year, yet insisting that a top flight investment plan is the correct solution to that problem.

The gift that just keeps on giving. 

You must be the biggest bellend in Greenock, and trust me thats quite an achievement. 

Get tae f**k. 

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

AA really wasn’t that bad. The result against the Nomads destroyed him and probably ended his chance of ever getting anything going with us but personally speaking I thought he did ok and could see what he was trying to do. 

As for the others....you are probably right. If I was going to truly judge the managers you named above in terms of who I would want in order it would be:

AA

Lee Clark/Alex Dyer would be a tough choice. Probably Clark over Dyer because Clark seemed willing and mental enough to try some new things whereas Dyer never would.

Then I honestly couldn’t pick between McCulloch and Locke. Would probably rather just close the club down.

Dyer had a worse record than McCulloch or Locke despite taking over a squad which was much stronger.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

AA

Funnily enough McCulloch signed some decent players but couldn't get a tune out then. Steve Clarke got the same players playing very well.

1 minute ago, BountyBairn said:

You must be the biggest bellend in Greenock, and trust me thats quite an achievement. 

Get tae f**k. 

Don’t let the king of kiddie pics get to you. We all know fine what he is.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Dyer had a worse record than McCulloch or Locke despite taking over a squad which was much stronger.

Probably just his connection to the Steve Clarke era that makes me feel the way I do. Dyers record really was horrendous.