The Falkirk FC Thread

As for the Falkirk-Queens rivalry thing, I think it does exist due to the situation both clubs are in. Similar sized clubs competing at the same level for the same thing.

I can't see the "similar sized clubs" thing going down at all well with some on here.

As for the Falkirk-Queens rivalry thing, I think it does exist due to the situation both clubs are in. Similar sized clubs competing at the same level for the same thing.

It's a transitory thing. A couple of seasons where Falkirk are playing at the lower end of their capabilities whilst the Queens are over-achieving.

There's also none of the bitterness associated with the Pars rivalry. Queens fans are generally ok, quite cute really.

It's a transitory thing. A couple of seasons where Falkirk are playing at the lower end of their capabilities whilst the Queens are over-achieving.

There's also none of the bitterness associated with the Pars rivalry. Queens fans are generally ok, quite cute really.

We're not overachieving.

Where we are, is about right, and is in the same area as we've occupied for most of the last dozen years.

Of course there's no deep seated rivalry. We just seem to find ourselves in direct competition a lot these days. I wouldn't claim that the clubs are of similar size, but then the notion of club size doesn't fixate me in the way it seems to for some of the Falkirk fans on here.

We're not overachieving.

Where we are, is about right, and is in the same area as we've occupied for most of the last dozen years.

Of course there's no deep seated rivalry. We just seem to find ourselves in direct competition a lot these days. I wouldn't claim that the clubs are of similar size, but then the notion of club size doesn't fixate me in the way it seems to for some of the Falkirk fans on here.

Whether you like it or not queens at the top end of Scotland's second tier is overachieving for a club of your size/support/tradition/honours won.....massively overachieving in fact....much bigger clubs than queens like Dunfermline & morton are currently underachieving.

Whether you like it or not queens at the top end of Scotland's second tier is overachieving for a club of your size/support/tradition/honours won.....massively overachieving in fact....much bigger clubs than queens like Dunfermline & morton are currently underachieving.

We're mid-table in the second tier, a long way from the top end.

I'd suggest I know a lot more about the historical standing of my club than you do. Our crowds would indeed place us pretty much where we are.

It's only your vaulting ignorance that enables you to suggest otherwise.

Of course Morton and Dunfermline are at low points just now, although both have been lower in living memory.

Similarly, the likes of Cowdenbeath are currently above their traditional 'station'.

We're pretty much where we should be.

We're mid-table in the second tier, a long way from the top end. I'd suggest I know a lot more about the historical standing of my club than you do. Our crowds would indeed place us pretty much where we are. It's only your vaulting ignorance that enables you to suggest otherwise. Of course Morton and Dunfermline are at low points just now, although both have been lower in living memory. Similarly, the likes of Cowdenbeath are currently above their traditional 'station'. We're pretty much where we should be.

If anything, I would say that QOS have generally underachieved over the years. I think they're every bit as big a club as Morton for example.

If anything, I would say that QOS have generally underachieved over the years. I think they're every bit as big a club as Morton for example.

As we've discussed, we spent many years from the seventies through to the turn of the century underachieving pretty consistently. Now doing so for so long, with only occasional, brief interruptions actually takes you into territory where it no longer looks like underachievement. We really did acquire the status of a very small club. We shouldn't have though.

We were a lot stronger than that, for decent spells both sides of the war, and obviously for the last dozen years or so.

As I said, we're currently pretty much where we ought to be. There's nothing especially heady about our present whereabouts. If we were overachieving, we'd be occupying similar territory to the Highland clubs and Hamilton.

Right, I've stayed well clear of this guff so far but since it appears to be grinding on I'll wade in by pointing out that Queens haven't beaten Celtic in over 50 feckin years :lol:

Falkirk have beaten Celtic at 5 (Five) different grounds in less than half that time!!

Queen of the South = Uber Diddies ^_^

Right, I've stayed well clear of this guff so far but since it appears to be grinding on I'll wade in by pointing out that Queens haven't beaten Celtic in over 50 feckin years :lol:

Falkirk have beaten Celtic at 5 (Five) different grounds in less than half that time!!

It's twenty five since we've played them, mind.

I'm intrigued though, so I'll play anyway:

Brockville, TFS, Parkhead, Ibrox and I'm guessing Hampden, but can't think of the occasion. Did you beat them there in the League when Parkhead was being rebuilt?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Because beating Celtic is a measure of a club?

It's an indication of your standing in the game.

It's twenty five since we've played them, mind.

That's 'cause you're a bunch of fucking diddies :lol::lol::lol:

But stop the feckin bus .... before Rangers went tits-up Queens hadn't beaten them in 60 feckin years :lol:

Diddies :lol:

Dreadful arguement. Beating one team doesn't define anything. We could beat Celtic 100 times and be in the 4th tier whilst Queens may not beat them, but finish 2nd in the SPL.