The Falkirk FC Thread

If we make the play offs i would be surprised.

We will be in this league next season and playing a bit-part in the play-offs is something I can see far enough. Although I acknowledge that it probably has given us the best moment of TFS so far!?

I gather financially it's not that big a deal either (cue temper tantrum when 'Rangers' find out :P ) Does anyone know the difference in prize money between finishing 4th and 5th in the league btw?

It'll be six figures. Plus a portion of the gate receipts from a potential big game at TFS and a potentially full Ibrox. So probably 2-3 players difference for next season.

I'm fairly busy and a very quick Google search was fruitless but I had thought that any gate revenues were split amongst the 30 SFL Clubs/Companies once match-day costs had been covered !?

The Google search would also suggest that Hibs are due a further £250k 'parachute' payment from that pot should they fail to go up !?

I'd like a Hibeejibee style post on the subject to clarify but clearly if it is worth as much as you suggest then I would indeed be keen for us to nip into 4th !

We will be in this league next season and playing a bit-part in the play-offs is something I can see far enough. Although I acknowledge that it probably has given us the best moment of TFS so far!?

I gather financially it's not that big a deal either (cue temper tantrum when 'Rangers' find out :P ) Does anyone know the difference in prize money between finishing 4th and 5th in the league btw?

It'll be six figures. Plus a portion of the gate receipts from a potential big game at TFS and a potentially full Ibrox. So probably 2-3 players difference for next season.

I'm fairly busy and a very quick Google search was fruitless but I had thought that any gate revenues were split amongst the 30 SFL Clubs/Companies once match-day costs had been covered !?

The Google search would also suggest that Hibs are due a further £250k 'parachute' payment from that pot should they fail to go up !?

I'd like a Hibeejibee style post on the subject to clarify but clearly if it is worth as much as you suggest then I would indeed be keen for us to nip into 4th !

The difference in prize money between 4th and 5th is nowhere near six figures.

The home club keeps half its own gate receipts, the rest go into the league pot (or at least did last season). You don't get anything from the away leg.

The difference in prize money between 4th and 5th is nowhere near six figures.

The home club keeps half its own gate receipts, the rest go into the league pot (or at least did last season). You don't get anything from the away leg.

Thanks SD, that's more like I'd been thinking ... potentially half a home gate after match costs!?

Our 30th cut of the overall pot (minus parachute payments etc.) is obviously due regardless of reaching the play-offs!

Guest Back Post Misses

If we make the play offs i would be surprised.

Queens place to throw away.

I think looking at the fixtures we have compared to QoS if we avoid defeat at Dumfries in April we are favourites now, not by much but certain favourites IMO. They have four games v Big three with three of them away. We have three left with two at home.

You have the harder last two matches on paper tho.

Picture maybe different tho if 2nd and 3rd is resolved by that stage, key players maybe rested in those games in the knowledge they may have 4,6 games upcoming and in Hibs case the Scottish cup could add to that. Playing relegation threatened teams may provide sterner tests.

One of us may also have crashed and burned before the final two games....time will tell

Guest Back Post Misses

It is not any figure. It is calculated as a % of the annual total price pot, and can change on an annual basis. If the league ever gets a sponsor then everyone's number increases.

Picture maybe different tho if 2nd and 3rd is resolved by that stage, key players maybe rested in those games in the knowledge they may have 4,6 games upcoming and in Hibs case the Scottish cup could add to that.

That's true.

I suppose it could be that these games could be decisive for the bigger clubs though, so it might be that they'll throw everything into them. As you say though, the Cup could be a complicating factor for Hibs, or even Falkirk.

I'd see Falkirk as slight favourites for 4th spot, but the bigger battle happens on Friday, which I'd see as pretty even, so long as Reilly makes it.

Guest Back Post Misses

You seem to be awfully concerned about Gav's Fitness, yes he is out, out the house training.

He is your best forward, of course I would want him out as you would wish Loy was injured.