The Falkirk FC Thread

£2m or f**k off

Behave.

Thoughts are that he would be daft to even think about any team in Scotland if he has options In England or abroad.

That's fair enough if some of the other teams listed are genuinely interested.

However given the amount of players that have gone to premier league teams after a few seasons with some European exposure* at us,it could be seen as a decent career path

*humiliation

He is far too good for Celtic ,my friend.

With all due respect he is at Falkirk. Initially he would be seen as a utility player as he can fill positions we are short in but I cant see him displacing Biton anytime soon.

Behave.

That's fair enough if some of the other teams listed are genuinely interested.

However given the amount of players that have gone to premier league teams after a few seasons with some European exposure* at us,it could be seen as a decent career path

*humiliation

With all due respect he is at Falkirk. Initially he would be seen as a utility player as he can fill positions we are short in but I cant see him displacing Biton anytime soon.

So you haven't saw him play yet say he can't be better than somebody you already have purely on the basis that he is at a smaller club?

He has the potential to do way better than Celtic.

So you haven't saw him play yet say he can't be better than somebody you already have purely on the basis that he is at a smaller club?

He has the potential to do way better than Celtic.

I have seen him play,albeit a couple of times and not in the flesh. Seemed pretty decent from my limited viewings.

He may very well have the potential to do better than at Celtic,but people are saying the same about Bitton.

But going from the 2nd tier in Scottish football to the top English league could be seen as a jump too soon.

But going from the 2nd tier in Scottish football to the top English league could be seen as a jump too soon.

Working fine for Conor McGrandles who we got close to a million for from Norwich. He hadn't played nearly as many first team games as Vaulks.

Times have moved on. Young players know they have more options now than to jump at the bigots and rot in the reserves.

Vaulks strengths are that he can fill a number of positions, is a great athlete, has plenty of dig and has a ferocious shot which often results in a goal. He's a really nice guy too and I would imagine is a good guy to have around the club and in the dressing room.

He can sometimes be a bit of a headless chicken and can be rash at times too. This is more often seen when playing CB than in midfield.

I think he would struggle to get regular game time at Celtic unless they want him to play in defence. I think this unlikely though because I would imagine he's only come to their notice this season when he's been used most in a midfield position. He would surely be used more than big Effie though?

To be honest, unless we got an offer we can't refuse I'd be very happy to keep him and, if he does go, I hope it's to England and not to Celtic.

We have been linked with Vaulks (along with about a dozen other clubs), thoughts?

He will not go anywhere just for money to sit on the bench. If he not going to play regularly he won't go.

IMO that is what would happen if we were to go to you

Working fine for Conor McGrandles who we got close to a million for from Norwich

Apart from the fact Norwich were in the Championship when they signed him.

And the fact he's only played once in since he joined them, in 2014.

Obviously.

He will not go anywhere just for money to sit on the bench. If he not going to play regularly he won't go.

IMO that is what would happen if we were to go to you

Don't know the guy but would be stunned if that was true...you have to have faith in your ability to get into the team at a much bigger club. What does a player in his position have to lose...go & get ten times your current salary & if it doesn't work you'll end up at least back at the level you were at...don't what him to leave obviously but considering the circumstances we signed him under I wouldn't grudge him a half decent move

Working fine for Conor McGrandles who we got close to a million for from Norwich. He hadn't played nearly as many first team games as Vaulks.

Times have moved on. Young players know they have more options now than to jump at the bigots and rot in the reserves.

We did not get £1m for him. 500k. The last published accounts proved that

Don't even talk to me about add ins either. Turned over again over Murray Wallace this time.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Don't know the guy but would be stunned if that was true...you have to have faith in your ability to get into the team at a much bigger club. What does a player in his position have to lose...go & get ten times your current salary & if it doesn't work you'll end up at least back at the level you were at...don't what him to leave obviously but considering the circumstances we signed him under I wouldn't grudge him a half decent move

He rented a flat from my mate up till last spring. That is what he told him. He is from a very well off family too

He's not good enough to start for Celtic but would be a decent signing for them if he continued to improve at the rate he has over the last couple of seasons. He has come on ridiculously this year. Celtic signed Scott Allan so are clearly watching players at this level.

He could stay in the same house he stays in just now and he's close to all his mates etc, but he'd quadruple his wage and have the prestige of being signed to a huge club.

He will get a brilliant move as he's a player who produces big moments, he's physical, exciting to watch and he's got a great highlight reel. A four minute YouTube clip of his best bits in a Falkirk jersey would probably make him look like Steven Gerrard in his prime. I'd rather see him go to the English Championship but he'd be daft to turn his nose up at Celtic imo.

Only disappointed in the sense we don't have cover for either full back at the moment. Suppose Vaulks could fill in at right back but you wouldn't want to move him from midfield.

I admit that I only saw him a couple of times as I don't watch the under 20s however I thought he looked quite competent when I did see him.

What's happened to Liam Dick? Haven't heard anything about him for ages.