The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Slightly off topic but I see McPake and Yogi being touted for the Motherwell job. Give it to yogi and they'd have been aswell keeping Hammell, give it to McPake and it's a massive shot in the arm to our title hopes and he might just keep Motherwell up. Please let it happen. 🤞

Seen this earlier, McPake surely isn’t that stupid to take on what looks like a relegated team. Also with their CE leaving to go to Aberdeen sounds like there’s far more issues/troubles behind the club.

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

The last two rounds have had 4 televised ties in each. Seeing as there is only 4 ties in the quarters they should all be shown or are they cutting it down to 2 of the ties or what?

All are live on TV. Friday - Monday. My guess is we will be the Friday night. 

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Great chance to earn some sizeable cash, however would imagine it’s already earmarked for this years beneficiaries, that have dug deep and helped fill the 400K shortfall. 

Have you ACTUALLY paid attention to what the club said? There is only 145k in loans. 

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

where did I make reference to loans? Did you read my post? Only 145K in loans? 

The last update from the club (may have been AGM letter TBF) said the 400k had been raised but only 145k was loans. So in theory that is the only part to be paid back not as you original post intimated 400k

Edited by Back Post Misses

46 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The last update from the club (may have been AGM letter TBF) said the 400k had been raised but only 145k was loans. So in theory that is the only part to be paid back not as you original post intimated 400k

Yes, £145k is loans as per Accounts.

Presumably, even that might not be required due to our Cup successes.

Well done Falkirk.  Really comprehensive victory last night.

McGlynn been quietly assembling a really good team and players well motivated.  
Outclassed and outplayed Darvel who were made to look very ordinary.  Though I have to wonder how bad Aberdeen were to be beaten.

With Jags out will be rooting for Falkirk.  Good luck Bairns 👍

Just now, third lanark said:

Well done Falkirk.  Really comprehensive victory last night.

McGlynn been quietly assembling a really good team and players well motivated.  
Outclassed and outplayed Darvel who were made to look very ordinary.  Though I have to wonder how bad Aberdeen were to be beaten.

With Jags out will be rooting for Falkirk.  Good luck Bairns 👍

I watched the Darvel v Aberdeen game and Aberdeen were absolutely dog shite. That's why they were beaten.

32 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

McCann,McKay and Nesbitt are Bairns reborn,just goes to show what a decent manager and coaches can do to a player.

Yes our defending of set pieces after he Mackay went off wasn't anywhere as good as it had been . Hope it's not a serious knock.

Last night really was most enjoyable wasn't it?

The exposure was tremendously helpful to the club as well I think. I've had loads of messages from pals I've not spoken to in ages, and folk at work with only a passing interest in football saying they caught the game and thought we were great. The quality of goals was commented upon often.

Now, none of these people are going to buy a season ticket tomorrow, but many other lapsed or 'soft' Falkirk fans will have been enticed back for a game or two I think.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Last night really was most enjoyable wasn't it?

The exposure was tremendously helpful to the club as well I think. I've had loads of messages from pals I've not spoken to in ages, and folk at work with only a passing interest in football saying they caught the game and thought we were great. The quality of goals was commented upon often.

Now, none of these people are going to buy a season ticket tomorrow, but many other lapsed or 'soft' Falkirk fans will have been enticed back for a game or two I think.

Exactly.

Will be interesting to see how many we get on Saturday.