The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

We’ve signed Jaze Kabia, any good for you? 

Pace and glimpses of quality, but never produced it when we needed it. Not sure he’s full time level in all honesty, but will probably do you a job.

10 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Lets not mention the result. 🙈

I just don't know what to make of the girls this season. When they're on it, they destroy anyone who runs into them, regardless of whether they're top of the league or how few games they've lost. But when they're off it, OMG they're honking. Six home league games and six wins. All of them very comprehensive. Away they've played six, drawn two and lost four. They're still in with a chance of promotion but if they're to achieve it their away form needs to improve dramatically. 

I wish we could do something to take our womens team in house. They're amateurs who work as students, teachers. nurses, physios and police officers, amongst various other roles. Even a small amount of cash put their way from the mens revenue would make a massive difference. If anyone wants to get involved with sponsorship please get in contact with their twitter account or myself. 

But to go back to the video, well done to the young team. A few of our players have children who're ages with them so they have an empathy towards the kids. And the girls really appreciate the support. I've made a few SM posts thanking them but as those are on platforms mainly seen by youngsters I might as well put one of a forum frequently by us oldies. Thanks boys and girls. You're noticed and appreciated. 

The Ultra craze is really catching on locally. A lot of young guys are being drawn in to be part of something. It is increasing the size of the group and more importantly creating a future support. I was an Ultra from the age of 6 and still am but the word Ultra did not exist then!

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

The Ultra craze is really catching on locally. A lot of young guys are being drawn in to be part of something. It is increasing the size of the group and more importantly creating a future support. I was an Ultra from the age of 6 and still am but the word Ultra did not exist then!

Falkirk are a club in the ascendancy. In the early days, one of the club crests was a phoenix, how fitting ae? There's so much optimism and positivity around the club, so why wouldn't you want to be a part of it? It's always going to be difficult when Falkirk is such a heavily pro-Rangers town but these ultra groups will have them hooked for life. The crowds are only going to get bigger.

Tomorrow will be tense.  I'll be regularly checking social media to see if someone has snatched Morrison from us at the last minute.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

17 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Tomorrow will be tense.  I'll be regularly checking social media to see if someone has snatched Morrison from us at the last minute.  Fingers crossed.

I think the deadline is 1130pm on 1st Feb this time but agree, let’s hope we have no departures…

Given the importance the club has publicly placed on us needing promotion this year I'd be surprised if there's any willingness to let Morrison go. If it's promotion or part time then I'm not sure what price you can attach to that.

Morrison is a phenomenal player for this level and I haven't seen enough from Agyeman or Ross to suggest they'll have anything like the same impact. Definitely prefer to lose him for free at the end of the season

Edited by ilostmyself

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Given the importance the club has publicly placed on us needing promotion this year I'd be surprised if there's any willingness to let Morrison go. If it's promotion or part time then I'm not sure what price you can attach to that.

Morrison is a phenomenal player for this level and I haven't seen enough from Agyeman or Ross to suggest they'll have anything like the same impact. Much prefer to lose him for free at the end of the season

The good thing is if Linfield are the only folk putting their hat in the ring to pay money to get him now, i'd hardly imagine he's battering McGlynns door down. He knows he'll get better than that in summer. He also knows the safety net of a new contract with us will always be there. Could be wrong, but it really doesn't scream that we're going to lose him today fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

This.

I'm with @ilostmyself , let Morrison go for free at the end of the season but we need him firing on all cylinders for us until then (and not at NDP, they already have the best squad in the league anyway, they would just be greedy signing Callumn, wouldn't they?).

Can you do this? | Crossed fingers, Hand jive, Cross your fingers