Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

From what browsing of the internet I was able to do today as I stole a living from my employer, it seems like the media and public opinion are starting to build up a wave of pressure regarding getting the vaccine out rapid. Hopefully this continues and translates into demands to remove restrictions based on hospital numbers, given that current transmissibility is borderline impossible to stop.

Even more hopefully, I hope Scotlands media pick up on this mood since it was notably English media that I felt are shifting the narrative.

FormalDarkFrillneckedlizard-small.gif

2 hours ago, s_dog said:

Vaccinations will take longer because you're monitored for 15mins after the jag in case of any adverse effects.

Not sure if this is UK wide or just England, but there's a report on the BBC today about a dentist & retired GP both obviously having the required "healthcare experience" to administer vaccines, but have been put off of by the training they need: 

Recognising and managing anaphylaxis, Resuscitation, Safeguarding adults, Safeguarding children, Vaccine administration, Vaccine storage, Health Safety and Welfare, Infection Prevention and control, Introduction to Anaphylaxis, Legal aspects of vaccination, Moving and Handling, Preventing radicalisation, Conflict resolution, Core knowledge for Covid-19 vaccinators, Covid mRNA vaccine BNT162b2 (Pfizer BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine), Data security awareness, Equality Diversity and Human rights, Fire safety.

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

21 hours ago, Snafu said:

They fail to learn from the first f*** up by still using an Excel spreadsheet and run out of space for all the names and dates.

Boxes of vaccine discovered abandoned at lorry stop on A9 near Dalwinnie, no one can figure out how it got there.

Should set up a vaccine point at Balinluig grill!

Sturgeon also re-tweeting some stuff about this new variant.

I've not any problem with furthering restrictions, but it needs to go in tandem with accelerating the vaccination programme.

Quite fitting that on the day we begin the AZ vaccine scheme, SG will dishing out more restrictions on life.

They are going to re open the schools in England! This should serve as a good experiment for the rest of the UK to sit and watch what it does to infection levels, I'm going to bet on "rocket" how long until the first Scottish Tory says "Get Scottish kids back to school"

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Aside from extending the online learning period of the schools, I'm unsure what else they can do that will actually have an impact on figures in a serious way.

Sure they could cancel professional sport, shut takeaways or limit us back to 30 minutes outside a day. But I can't see any of those things having serious impact at all on the R number given the regulations we're already under.

We have a vaccine. If there are more restrictions to come then it needs to go hand-in-hand with a massive roll-out. We can't keep a lockdown until the end of April whilst faffing about vaccinating a small number of people every week.

They're only one example obviously, but my grandparents are 81; my Granny has cancer and my Papa has COPD and Bronchitis. They must be in one of the highest risk groups going and they're down at the health centre/hospital once or twice every single week - but as yet haven't heard a peep about their vaccine. 

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Aside from extending the online learning period of the schools, I'm unsure what else they can do that will actually have an impact on figures in a serious way.

Sure they could cancel professional sport, shut takeaways or limit us back to 30 minutes outside a day. But I can't see any of those things having serious impact at all on the R number given the regulations we're already under.

We have a vaccine. If there are more restrictions to come then it needs to go hand-in-hand with a massive roll-out. We can't keep a lockdown until the end of April whilst faffing about vaccinating a small number of people every week.

They're only one example obviously, but my grandparents are 81; my Granny has cancer and my Papa has COPD and Bronchitis. They must be in one of the highest risk groups going and they're down at the health centre/hospital once or twice every single week - but as yet haven't heard a peep about their vaccine. 

I think it's angling at schools won't be back on the 18th. 

I'm the same, two grandparents over 80 with many ailments including COPD, blood cancer, previous heart attacks and a stroke (how they are still alive is a testament to modern medicine) and they have heard nothing either.

14 hours ago, strichener said:

Yes but that doesn't mean that it takes 15mins per vaccination.  One person could probably vaccinate 120 people per hour with a staging area for the people to spend 15mins under observation.  Similar to what happens at blood donor sessions.

That's what used to happen at our surgery for the flu vaccination, the waiting room was used to monitor us, while we drank coffee and ate biscuits.

This year we were all horsed out the door immediately after receiving our jag - haven't heard of any casualties.