Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

The heating is now going on every day.

The powers that be have decided that my office needs to be furnace-hot. You could fry eggs on my radiators right now. 

At home, I guard the thermostat with a big shitty stick. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Definitely not happening. When I started explaining the costs - healthcare, schools, etc - enthusiasm died. 

I had a wee blether with Mrs.F_P about your situation. She basically said that if you don't jump at the chance, your daughter will hate you forever. 😆

1 minute ago, southernrover said:

Oh, and the b*****d whose bright idea it was to put pianos in railway stations, etc. Enough noise and clutter about without them bashing through Vivaldi like their Rick Wakeman or something.

Yes, yes, Jesus Christ, this. Imagine having to work there.

Whoever came up with that idea should be forced to have a busker follow them around all day singing the same four songs over and over again.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Whoever came up with that idea should be forced to have a busker follow them around all day singing the same four songs over and over again.

Yeah, doesn't help with the trend in recent years in banks etc to get rid of the protective screens (with microphones) and just have a face to face over a desk. Was at Manchester Piccadilly station a few weeks ago and couldn't hear a thing the lass was saying to me as there was a choir (!) in full flow about 20 yards away. Not like it's a big international city, with lots of foreign visitors trying to speak English, and the ticket office bods need to explain the ins and outs of train tickets to them (not me btw!).

17 minutes ago, southernrover said:

Oh, and the b*****d whose bright idea it was to put pianos in railway stations, etc. Enough noise and clutter about without them bashing through Vivaldi like they're Rick Wakeman or something.

somebody should do a Les Dawson at the piano impersonation 

44 minutes ago, BFTD said:

On 24/09/2024 at 14:37, BukyOHare said:

Folk who buy bottled water.

As a nation we can largely get decent quality of water from the tap, why people decide to pay money for the stuff baffles and annoys me in equal measure.

Have had this discussion with people a few times. One lassie at work claimed she could taste the difference. I took two bottles of water in and kidded on I'd filled one with tap water. She was adamant one was tap water and in fairness, took the slagging well when I informed her that I'd never replaced either with tap water. 

I've replaced my wife's bottled water with tap water a couple of times though and she never noticed the difference. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have had this discussion with people a few times. One lassie at work claimed she could taste the difference. I took two bottles of water in and kidded on I'd filled one with tap water. She was adamant one was tap water and in fairness, took the slagging well when I informed her that I'd never replaced either with tap water. 

I've replaced my wife's bottled water with tap water a couple of times though and she never noticed the difference. 

Temperature is the important taste factor with water, the colder the better it tastes, so just refill your bottles from the tap and put them in the fridge.

There's some context here that we are lucky our tap water is good but there is definitely a taste difference . 

The best case for a bottled water is that it tastes the same as tap water. In many cases though, it tastes different, and in 100% of cases, much worse.