The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

All gone a bit quiet. Any chance of a signing before Friday? Can we play trialists in these games?

No (to the Trialists question I mean, no idea if you've any chance of a signing by Friday!)

Edited by Skyline Drifter

17 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

There's an interview online with Ross Laidlaw saying we actually did offer him a contract but he chose to join Hibs. Surely if we did then we'd be due compensation as he was under 24? 

Eric's statement from Fantalk.

Unfortunately we are not due compensation for Ross. Had Hibs came in for him in January we would have been entitled, but not now.

The rule is that the compensation entitlement only applies until the end of the season in which the player reaches 23. Ross was 23 last July and therefore the compensation entitlement ceased to apply at the end of last season (22 May), and of course other clubs could only sign him when the transfer window opened on 9 June.

All gone a bit quiet. Any chance of a signing before Friday? Can we play trialists in these games?

I would have thought, if we were going for any of the trialists, that they would signed by now if they were going to.. As their trials finished on Saturday.

So I'd guess with the fact they haven't been announced, that we either have opted not to sign any of the 3 of them.. Or the deals offered to them are simply not good enough..

17 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I would have thought, if we were going for any of the trialists, that they would signed by now if they were going to.. As their trials finished on Saturday.

So I'd guess with the fact they haven't been announced, that we either have opted not to sign any of the 3 of them.. Or the deals offered to them are simply not good enough..

Or.....................Thursday would be a good time to unveil them to give the fans a boost and to get the news in the FFP.

Or.....................Thursday would be a good time to unveil them to give the fans a boost and to get the news in the FFP.

If they got unveiled by the club on Thursday, they wouldn't be in this weeks FFP..

As that would be the FFP announcing the news first, and they've never done that..

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If they got unveiled by the club on Thursday, they wouldn't be in this weeks FFP..

As that would be the FFP announcing the news first, and they've never done that..

I meant what I said in the order that I said, however, the FFP have had the scoop on numerous occasions, whether in print or on Twitter.

The M'Voto signing article on the OS said there would be further signings next (this) week. Based on that I'd fully expect us to be announcing the signing of, at least, one of the trialists pretty soon. I'd be fairly confident the FFP will have signing news tomorrow.

Should be an interesting season for the wee team given you've Gary Locke as manager.

WOOFT, I say boy ...WOOFT

Pars fans giving it big licks about Gary Locke even tho AJ was a flop at Killie and won league 1 with a full time team. Just as interesting to see how AJ dose this season

Would be good to see some signing news soon. The worrying thing for me is that it doesent seem like a case of biding our time for the right players.  Seems we are actively going after players who for whatever reason arent wanting to sign here.

We've heard "working ever so hard" for about a month now. 

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Would be good to see some signing news soon. The worrying thing for me is that it doesent seem like a case of biding our time for the right players.  Seems we are actively going after players who for whatever reason arent wanting to sign here.

We've heard "working ever so hard" for about a month now. 

Looks like we'll be going with what we've got for both Cove and Montrose - can only hope we have another few guys in by the time we roll up to Dingwall. At this point we still need two guys for up top and cover for Johnston and Barr out wide.