The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Mark stewart in summary at 1 min 12 seconds

Hearing the Spanish broken up by "Mark Stewart" is rather amusing there. No idea how we didn't win that game,  but equally we only scraped a draw. Hearts were awful, but the upside is it spawned the Cathro "What Situation?" interview. 

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Mark stewart in summary at 1 min 12 seconds

Anybody got the gif for the monster goal against the pars handy, injuries plus those 2 moments are everything you need to know about Stewart.

The season under McKinnon he seemed to take a few games to get back into it after every injury lay off but when he's good he's amazing, when he's bad he's hilarious just as long as he isn't wearing your team's colours.

To be honest didn't score nearly enough goals and throw in continually being injured a lot he would be a Luxury player we could not afford to carry and really we need to hit the ground running this season. If he was in that much of a demand why sign for part time Dumbarton? Looking at the 2 strikers we have just signed are they better? Yes and throw in a fully fit Lewis Vaughan and Johnny Court we should have enough up top.

Smith saying in today's Courier that he is targeting a defender and wide player and is also in talks with Lennox.

He's in the FFP saying a left sided defender and a couple of wide players. Not necessarily a left back though as he's wanting to see a bit of young LB Euan Valentine there this season. So it'll probably be a CB who can play LB which would have been why he was targeting Docherty.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He's in the FFP saying a left sided defender and a couple of wide players. Not necessarily a left back though as he's wanting to see a bit of young LB Euan Valentine there this season. So it'll probably be a CB who can play LB which would have been why he was targeting Docherty.

The lad only recently turned 16, as an exciting prospect for the U20's he is asking a bit much for the step up.

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/06/15/smith-delighted-with-three-new-signings-as-new-season-edges-closer-for-new-rovers-boss/

This is the interview I done with Barry Smith earlier this week. Potentially similar content to the Courier and FFP (I've not read their articles yet so don't know) but I'll post this here anyway for anyone who's interested. 

Can we sign someone who has a decent throw in?    Not necessarily a long one maybe just an accurate one.

I don't think the problem is the thrower, its the fact they have little to no options. It's frustrated me for years how bad we are with throw-ins. Little options, no movement. I've never witnessed a team as bad as us at the most simple set-piece!

42 minutes ago, Growl3th said:

Can we sign someone who has a decent throw in?    Not necessarily a long one maybe just an accurate one.

I am fairly accurate up to about 10 yards with a throw in if that helps. 

The lad only recently turned 16, as an exciting prospect for the U20's he is asking a bit much for the step up.

Could be throwing him to the wolves (probably would be) or it could be the making of him, maybe he is another Kieran Tierney, we live in hope.