The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

How dare you!! Ross Callachan was going to be the saviour of our club... As well as Louis Vaughan! If we hadn't sold Callachan for a Hearts scarf and a box of Johnny's Onion Rings then we'd have easily taken 12 points from Ayr and had this league won by Christmas!

Clown.

Fact is one goal 2 points was the final difference between winning the league and playoffs.

Are you seriously saying Callaghan couldn't have contributed to that little extra.

Clown.

Fact is one goal 2 points was the final difference between winning the league and playoffs.

Are you seriously saying Callaghan couldn't have contributed to that little extra.

I'm not denying that Callachan couldn't have contributed to that. I've never denied that. If people take a bit of time and actually read the posts I write instead of frothing at the mouth and jumping straight on to their keyboards to try and get one over me, they'll actually see the points I'm trying to make.

Callachan was a great player for us and we did well when we had him. Arguably with the gap at the end of the season, he may or may not have made the difference but to point blankly say that the ONLY reason we didn't get promoted was the sale of Callachan in August is slightly far fetched. Just like back in July and August pinning all of our hopes on Louis Vaughan to win us the league was delusional.

Why on earth are we so obsessed with individual players. There was a whole team that have played this season.

32 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

What are folks thoughts on season ticket holders having to pay in Saturday? A few folk are moaning on Facebook about the injustice of it all!

I can’t get too upset by this. I paid for the league season and play off games I look at as extra on top of that.  At the most I’d maybe expect a discount as an offer of goodwill but the club are doing that anyway for everyone so I’m happy to pay in. 

3 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

Is it only stupid in hindsight or am I not correct in thinking the majority of fans didn’t rate him?

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Not the majority but a vocal minority were stupidly critical of him. Mind you they’d probably be critical of Messi if he appeared in a Rovers shirt. 

Fair bit of revisionism going on regarding Callachan.

I, and I've no doubt a good amount of others, wouldn't have been gutted to see the back of him at the end of last season. I was one more mis-placed blooter over the bar from going insane and I think a lot of games passed him by.

This season though, he really pushed on, showed he was a class above and deserved his move to Hearts. Great lad too in my own experience and by other's accounts.

A bit of honesty required with regards to how he was perceived by many before this season wouldn't go amiss though.

4 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Fair bit of revisionism going on regarding Callachan.

I, and I've no doubt a good amount of others, wouldn't have been gutted to see the back of him at the end of last season. I was one more mis-placed blooter over the bar from going insane and I think a lot of games passed him by.

This season though, he really pushed on, showed he was a class above and deserved his move to Hearts. Great lad too in my own experience and by other's accounts.

A bit of honesty required with regards to how he was perceived by many before this season wouldn't go amiss though.

I’ve no doubt a proportion of our support didn’t rate him. I sat in front of two guys who constantly gave him dogs abuse for his errors.  I still think it was a minority though. Most folk I know thought he was a hard working player who was an asset. His shooting wasn’t the greatest mind. 

There's obviously a difference between league 1 and the championship Callaghan wasn't great in the championship but it's a lower level. It's the same with Shankland scoring loads of goals in this shit league but poor in the championship. 

I think we underrated him whilst he was at us and were surprised he got a move to a level like Hearts.

The fact we got something for him was maybe a good bit of business at the time.

This argument is completely invalid though as is most of the 'what if' scenarios of this season. If that ball had gone into the back of the net instead of off the post we'd have had one of the most exciting league championship wins in the clubs history and some us us still sobering up. Would we have looked back at the sale of one player in August as the defining point of the season?

I'd imagine there would be some people in here still not happy with winning it on the last day because if we'd kept Callachan we'd have won the league by February.

I think we underrated him whilst he was at us and were surprised he got a move to a level like Hearts.

The fact we got something for him was maybe a good bit of business at the time.

This argument is completely invalid though as is most of the 'what if' scenarios of this season. If that ball had gone into the back of the net instead of off the post we'd have had one of the most exciting league championship wins in the clubs history and some us us still sobering up. Would we have looked back at the sale of one player in August as the defining point of the season?

I'd imagine there would be some people in here still not happy with winning it on the last day because if we'd kept Callachan we'd have won the league by February.

Callachan was a midfielder full of energy who would run from box to box, we just never replaced that energy or athleticism.

Re the season ticket olders, I don’t get the issue to be honest.

Should Raith and Dumbarton both get through, they will no doubt get priority for the away leg tickets.

To all my Raith buddies, well the one I know well, good luck for tonight. You may have lost out to us on Saturday but we both came down in harrowing circumstances, We can go up together. Come on Raith you can do this!

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Callachan was a midfielder full of energy who would run from box to box, we just never replaced that energy or athleticism.

Should Raith and Dumbarton both get through, they will no doubt get priority for the away leg tickets.

This

Re season tickets, it looks like we could be the only team of the four not including the game. Arbroath and Alloa definitely are.

4 minutes ago, true_rover said:
3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Re season tickets, it looks like we could be the only team of the four not including the game. Arbroath and Alloa definitely are.

After the good home crowds you guys have had all season, especially on Saturday, the season tickets should be valid or at least you guys should be getting reduced gate prices for the playoff games.

4 minutes ago, Sludden123 said:

After the good home crowds you guys have had all season, especially on Saturday, the season tickets should be valid or at least you guys should be getting reduced gate prices for the playoff games.

We are: http://www.raithrovers.net/35291/championship-play-offs.htm