The New Raith Rovers Thread

I actually went for Jamie Gullan’s free kick for goal of the season. There’s just something really aesthetically pleasing about the way he strikes it and the way it hits the net. Easton will probably win it with his volley, and it’s a very worthy winner, I just personally enjoyed Gullan’s strike a tiny bit more. 

Scott Brown POTY, obviously. 

Scott Brown POTY no doubt. Went for Vaughany for GOTS as it is just the sort of cheeky effort I like. I don’t think we have anyone else who would have tried and succeeded from that position. Most would not have hit it early, which for me is why the goalie is completely caught out.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

I thought Stanton's goal v Ayr should have been included.

I had to rewatch the match highlights to jog my memory of that goal but now that I have I agree. Can't beat a good breakaway goal. 

Brown's goal up at Arbroath was also unlucky to miss out. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

6 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

I did warn them when they took McGrymm on, and was shot down..... :D

Ah well.

They’re a club looking for instant success (understandable as they’ve been down there a few seasons now) my warning was McGlynn isn’t a one season manager it’ll take a second season to build his team. His playoff record certainly won’t fill them with confidence.  While the Scottish Cup is a great day out there’s no way they’re winning it and it’s now probably a massive distraction for them. 

35 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

They’re a club looking for instant success (understandable as they’ve been down there a few seasons now) my warning was McGlynn isn’t a one season manager it’ll take a second season to build his team. His playoff record certainly won’t fill them with confidence.  While the Scottish Cup is a great day out there’s no way they’re winning it and it’s now probably a massive distraction for them. 

I’m sorry if Failkirk can’t beat Cove or Hamilton then they deserve to stay down. McGlynn the ultimate shite the bed tactician😆😆

Easton’s goal up at Cove for me. Excellent skill to dink it away from the defender and such a sweet hit on the volley. So much better on camera too after I was there in the flesh that day and the view was pish. 😂

Scott Brown POTY all day long. What a signing he’s been. As soon as I saw him in a Rovers jersey I knew we were onto a winner. 

Haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but Eastons got to win it for his volley from memory. Anyone not saying brown for poty also hasn't been watching us this season. I had high hopes for stanton early on but he faded after his injury/Vaughan coming back. 

Easton will win goal of the season but I went for Vaughan gains ICT, its just a ridiculous goal, the more you see it the more outrageous it is. 

Scott Brown by a country mile for player he has been so dependable this year. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

One where getting relegated in 2 out of 3 of your last jobs isn't an important factor apparently...

Yep. Difficult to see why a couple of teams who were worried about getting dragged into a relegation battle decided he wasn't for them. 

9 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Obviously still has loads of journalist pals 

Less so now after he repeated it,  but it was absolutely obscene after he left us.  He'd go on the radio or podcasts and everyone would bang on about how he's a "good fitba man" and how the "game misses characters like him" while glossing over how quickly he threw us the bus. 

There was one where he was on BBC Scotland with Kenny McIntyre and trying to tout himself for the Scotland job. He's in another planet. 

I note that article carefully omits two of his last three jobs...

Anyway, I voted for Jamie Macdonald as POTY. Very consistent and has saved points on many occasions this season. Scott Brown will however be a deserving winner.