The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Believe me, In my younger days I missed nothing and that was watching far worse Rovers sides than this one in games far worse than this Saturday will be.

With 3 young kids the Rovers now compete with other priorities on both my time and my finances therefore I tend to only make a couple of away games each season. Hell even some home games are missed despite us all having season tickets.

So expensive to take the barins now. Ticket prices are shocking 

6 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Believe me, In my younger days I missed nothing and that was watching far worse Rovers sides than this one in games far worse than this Saturday will be.

With 3 young kids the Rovers now compete with other priorities on both my time and my finances therefore I tend to only make a couple of away games each season. Hell even some home games are missed despite us all having season tickets.

This is pretty much me. I usually make a couple of away games and about two thirds of home games. Only away game I’ve been to so far is Hibs away; August in the sunshine.

Cant see me heading to Livi on Saturday. I ticked Almondvale off the  grounds list when we played them in the Scottish Cup in 2020.

WTF can't believe I just read this, Murray talking to the FFP.  He was being asked about Dan O'Reilly and said he was gutted that he turned down the offer from the Rovers.

Murray was then asked if Raith would be trying to sign a replacement centre-half during the January transfer window.

He said: "It's a maybe. It's not something that we're scrambling madly for at the moment.

"It depends of how big Keith Watson is doing and if we can keep Euan Murray fit as well.

"Centre-back is definitely an area where if we pick up another injury it's a tough one for us.”

We've got 2 senior centre halfs and both are prone to injury and both have been out injured a fair bit, Watson more so than Murray but with his dodgy shoulder he'll be in and out every other week. Not really an ideal situation is it?!

" It's not something that we're scrambling madly for at the moment. " 😂😂😂

Edited by MICMAC
Duplicate sentence

13 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

WTF can't believe I just read this, Murray talking to the FFP.  He was being asked about Dan O'Reilly and said he was gutted that he turned down the offer from the Rovers.

Murray was then asked if Raith would be trying to sign a replacement centre-half during the January transfer window.

He said: "It's a maybe. It's not something that we're scrambling madly for at the moment.

"It depends of how big Keith Watson is doing and if we can keep Euan Murray fit as well.

"Centre-back is definitely an area where if we pick up another injury it's a tough one for us.”

We've got 2 senior centre halfs and both are prone to injury and both have been out injured a fair bit, Watson more so than Murray but with his dodgy shoulder he'll be in and out every other week. Not really an ideal situation is it?!

"not scrambling madly for at the moment" 😂

See with managers interviews like this though, if Murray came out and said "f**k me we're on our arse for a centre back, we're all sorts of desperate". It means that whenever he was negotiating with another club, or a player they'd already be on the back foot. 

According to twitter Dundee are looking likely to sign a centre back imminently, once that happens it'll free up Ashcroft to go out on loan I'd imagine and he'll end up at Raith. 

However if Murray was in the press crying about centre backs you might then find Dundee ask for a higher wage contribution, for a larger loan fee etc. It doesn't serve any gaffer any good to be complaining about there squad in public. 

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

See with managers interviews like this though, if Murray came out and said "f**k me we're on our arse for a centre back, we're all sorts of desperate". It means that whenever he was negotiating with another club, or a player they'd already be on the back foot. 

According to twitter Dundee are looking likely to sign a centre back imminently, once that happens it'll free up Ashcroft to go out on loan I'd imagine and he'll end up at Raith. 

However if Murray was in the press crying about centre backs you might then find Dundee ask for a higher wage contribution, for a larger loan fee etc. It doesn't serve any gaffer any good to be complaining about there squad in public. 

Every man and their dog knows we need another CB, it's not a big secret. 

1 minute ago, MICMAC said:

Every man and their dog knows we need another CB, it's not a big secret. 

Hobnob is right. Murray would do us no favours moaning about his woes in the press. Same reason he's barely mentioned how good or bad Stanton is. No-one's business but our own.

32 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

This is spot on. Internal discussions will be very different to what is said publicly, in particular when it comes to transfers.

Murray said in yesterdays courier that he was looking at defenders and expected more movement next week after the Premier league clubs return and know their fate in the cup. I think it’s probably just spun slightly differently depending on which paper you read.

I’ve seen that megwa has been recalled by Hibs from his Loan at Airdrie can he play for someone else this season? Or since he’s played for 2 clubs that’s it? Because I wouldn’t mind him at the rovers if we could get him on loan 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve seen that megwa has been recalled by Hibs from his Loan at Airdrie can he play for someone else this season? Or since he’s played for 2 clubs that’s it? Because I wouldn’t mind him at the rovers if we could get him on loan 

He can only play for two clubs this season. Hibs wouldn't pull him away from being a guaranteed starter at Airdrie to be potentially in and out our starting 11.

57 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He has played twice for Hibs and their U20's this season.

Kanayo Megwa | Football Stats | Hibernian | Age 19 | Soccer Base

Is Ashcroft really the answer though? 
Megwa is a 19 year old and we have teenagers on the beach already. Also says Montgomery took him to Dubai and liked what he saw hence the reason he’s been called back

maybe a manager who will grow one of their own players?

whatever it is we need fullbacks and possibly another CB