The New Raith Rovers Thread

If the PFA aren't backing him then there's some sort of fairly major detail he's left out whilst going to The Sun.

I'd imagine we won't hear any more unless the club decide to comment.

Edited to add: that boy in the video looks pish. Booooooooooooooooo.

Edited by Michael W

Fast with no end product, a bit like Tade but at least Tade was younger and could be worked on. Not sure we'd be able to mould this guy into much of a player.

Incidently, Tade picked up the golden boot in Romanian football for the season just past. What a guy.

CGVKIXSXIAA-okL.jpg

Still probably one of my favourite Rovers players since I started watching regularly.

Never forget that night in Aberdeen when I thought he missed from a yard.

His best moment though, was getting a second yellow for booting the ball over the stand at Airdrie. Every Rovers fan knew it was a shot as well....:lol:

We should be covering elliot's operation, absolutely. I don't want my club being underhand like this although I appreciate we haven't put our side of story across yet.

I've no reason to doubt Calum side of story but he says he was told by the club they're not willing to pay as they've already paid for 4 operations this past season - anybody able to think who they all are?

if it was that bad he'd have had the op months ago

if it was that bad he'd have had the op months ago

It IS a bad injury and he has to wait for the NHS now, that's what he's angry about. We could have paid for the op back then and he'd be recuperating by now. As it stands he can't afford the op privately and has lost ground on what is a short career window

Anyway, we still only have one side of the story so I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash

Would this not be for the injury he got the last home game of the season, which did look a really bad one at the time. So hardly an opportunity for it to have been done "months" ago.

It probably was. You would think that either the club, the player, or both would have private medial cover. If not, then I suppose it's a case of waiting on the NHS like the rest of us.

Not sure what responsibility the club legally have. Football is obviously tricky as it's mainly yearly contracts. If the player is surplus to requirements and doesn't get a new contract, I'm not sure what happens. If I was C'lum I would probably feel aggrieved too. Saying that, he's hardly contributed anything since 2013.

Watching the You tube clip and i personally think he reminds me of Tony Rougier with his skill and strength, Defo worth a trial. His delivery wasnt that bad either tbh, It was more the players around him unable to connact to the final pass.

On another note are we any further forward with the identity of the English based Midfielder?