The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Im not hitting the panic button by any stretch like some appear to be. I belive our current squad will come good this season. But id like to think someone at the club is talking about this with Swansea. Its like we are providing them with a free academy, we should be looking for something back.

Over and above the excellent transfer fees they're paying for even untested players?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Well aye, because they arent paying that money out the goodness of their heart. If they will pay it, chances are someone else will too.

Just throwing ideas about its one that gets mentioned regularly. I dont see whats so ridiculous about it

Would they? How many others have been freely buying Falkirk youngsters over the last couple of years? Genuinely curious as, outside of McGrandless, I don't remember too many others going anywhere other than Swansea.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you suggesting that no one else would have came and got Kingsley or Fulton?

As I said, I dont know the ins and outs apart from it is clear there is a working relationship there. I dont find it an outlandish suggestion that someone at Falkirk could be saying, in return for the nod on the next good prospect, gonny send an attacking mid who needs a run out our way.

No one else did come in - Swansea did and were pretty generous with their offers for them, just as they've been with the others they've bought. They owe you nothing. If there's any Swansea players that takes your recruiters' fancy, I'm sure Swansea would be more than happy to listen to reasonable loan offers. They're not going to just hand them to you because they've bought a few of your younger players though, particularly if they have offers from clubs they think are more suitable.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

No one is saying they do owe us anything. I think a few folk have wondered whether theres an avenue to explore there. Myself included.

Thats all.

You probably have but they've had better offers from clubs at a higher level. How many EPL youngsters will improve by playing in the Championship up here?

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Would they? How many others have been freely buying Falkirk youngsters over the last couple of years? Genuinely curious as, outside of McGrandless, I don't remember too many others going anywhere other than Swansea.

Well, over the last 5 years or so we've sold players to Swansea, Norwich, Huddersfield, Bradford, Sheffield United and now Rotherham. Not sure if I've missed any out?

35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, over the last 5 years or so we've sold players to Swansea, Norwich, Huddersfield, Bradford, Sheffield United and now Rotherham. Not sure if I've missed any out?

Seemed to always do buy one get another half price deals or something along the lines because I'm sure Huddersfield, Bradford, Swansea and Sheffield United all got multiple players in the last 10 years.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Seemed to always do buy one get another half price deals or something along the lines because I'm sure Huddersfield, Bradford, Swansea and Sheffield United all got multiple players in the last 10 years.

Who else went to Bradford (other than Stewart)? :unsure: Taylor and Flynn went to Sheffield, Higgie, Wallace and Arfield went to Huddersfield and Fulton, Kingsley, Biabi and Blair to Swansea.

And just remembered that we sold Marc Twaddle to Rochdale! :o

We must have taken in a couple of mi££ion in the past few years.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Who else went to Bradford (other than Stewart)? :unsure: Taylor and Flynn went to Sheffield, Higgie, Wallace and Arfield went to Huddersfield and Fulton, Kingsley, Biabi and Blair to Swansea.

And just remembered that we sold Marc Twaddle to Rochdale! :o

We must have taken in a couple of mi££ion in the past few years.

Chris Mitchell went to Bradford aswell. (also loaned Jack Compton to them, mind him?)

McGrandles, Vaulks, Arfield, Biabi, Blair, Kingsley, Taylor, Fulton, Wallace, Flynn, Higginbotham should be sales since 10/11.

3-4 million ££ at least.

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Chris Mitchell went to Bradford aswell. (also loaned Jack Compton to them, mind him?)

McGrandles, Vaulks, Arfield, Biabi, Blair, Kingsley, Taylor, Fulton, Wallace, Flynn, Higginbotham should be sales since 10/11.

3-4 million ££ at least.

I seem to remember reading that we got something like £40k for Murdoch from Fleetwood too?

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I seem to remember reading that we got something like £40k for Murdoch from Fleetwood too?

Training compensation very likely, you're right! Remember, the ones I mentioned were exclusively in-contract players. Adding the compensation players (+ tribunal for Stewart) we must be approaching 4.5 million in 6 years. Astonishing really.

Edited by Gollum

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

First game at home to Dundee United has been moved to a half five kick off for Alba, not hugely against that kick off time personally but you'd have to imagine that'll cost us a few quid.

Yep.

Most countries the TV deal actually works out well and is welcomed. English Premiership clubs would die tomorrow if the TV deal collapsed. In Scotland we have the beautiful scenario where Alba loses clubs cash on hospitality and crowds

Edited by Gaz FFC

Another wee bump for the game on Thursday night against Swansea,only a fiver to get in and all the gate money goes to Gordons fund.The big man has now been is hospital for a year and he needs home with his family.

13754673_861143143991875_2856136493316453192_n.jpg

Are the tickets £20 or £5? [emoji848]