The Falkirk FC Thread

As Bairnardo says we were stinking in the first half of both games and improved in the 2nd. We were a dubious disallowed goal away from getting something against ICT and although I wasn't at Firhill we cracked the woodwork a couple of times.

We got beat 1-0 and 2-1 not 5-0 and 6-0. There didn't look much between us and ICT and with a rub of the green the result could have been different.

We are hardly fucking doomed !!!

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

So much crap in this thread. So a guy gets released by his club and that means his options are limited? He can sign for literally any club in the world, if there is interest. The only ones that had no other options, were the violent thug, the dick waver and the drug dealer. They signed for Livi because they offered, and continued to offer, the most money. Not hard, is it? The fact that a lot have jumped shift suggests more that there is something rotten going on, yet again, at the club. Someone said it's because Championship clubs can offer more money. So why not leave at the start of last season? Seems strange that a club that could retain championship players in the championship can't do so in the Premiership with an increase in money.

Did you take a moment to think about the club you are talking about, Marshy, or did you just launch into your usual hyperbolic bullshit? This is a club with multiple administrations under the belt, that has no issues employing convicted criminals and claims to have no money whilst employing Kenny Miller. And, if your buddy Yogi is to be believed, is receiving funding from a former convicted drug dealer who apparently had all his cash seized by the courts. Add into that the multiple times the courts have had to get involved to remove members of the board and chairmen from the board. Sure, there's nothing going on...

So you know for a fact that there were multiple clubs interested in those players, but Livingston offered them all the most money? 

I must be particularly dense today, sorry, you don't believe that Livingston are reporting false wage figures and are in fact paying players more than they are declaring? Did I misinterpret your post? 

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

As Bairnardo says we were stinking in the first half of both games and improved in the 2nd. We were a dubious disallowed goal away from getting something against ICT and although I wasn't at Firhill we cracked the woodwork a couple of times.

We got beat 1-0 and 2-1 not 5-0 and 6-0. There didn't look much between us and ICT and with a rub of the green the result could have been different.

We are hardly fucking doomed !!!

Depends what your expectations for the season are I suppose.  

Edited by Shodwall cat

Depends what your expectations for the season are I suppose.  
My expectations are that we at least make the play offs as I think that is where we should be aiming. I know it looks unlikely at the moment but it has been 2 league games.

ICT will, I would imagine be thinking along the same lines and although they beat us there wasn't much between the teams.

I just think it's way to early to be hitting the panic button.

I don't think its too early to be panicking. We have been fed by the club the biggest budget and academy money patter, and signed a lot of players who based on what I have seen are in now way capable of winning this league. Genuinely makes me worry for the club going forward and that's not been the case in previous years where I have always held that hope that this is our year.

Not for one second saying I know the solution and I was more than happy to be on board with the out with the old in with the new, was even on board with Housties journeymen signing, anything that would work to get us up but this season is a right off. I cant see us getting much out of the next few games and that's that season over as far as promotion goes. 

I'll still be there every week to  encourage and cheer on the team and shout abuse where I see fit that's just what I do on Saturday out of love for the club.

45 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

So you know for a fact that there were multiple clubs interested in those players, but Livingston offered them all the most money? 

I must be particularly dense today, sorry, you don't believe that Livingston are reporting false wage figures and are in fact paying players more than they are declaring? Did I misinterpret your post? 

What's more likely, that in all those cases the only team interested was Livi? Hardly likely, is it? A guy that's played nearly 100 games for hearts, and Livi is the only team interested? I'll maintain my viewpoint until you prove otherwise. 

No, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm surprised given their track re or that you seem to feel this is an outrageous slur. 

41 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My expectations are that we at least make the play offs as I think that is where we should be aiming. I know it looks unlikely at the moment but it has been 2 league games.

ICT will, I would imagine be thinking along the same lines and although they beat us there wasn't much between the teams.

I just think it's way to early to be hitting the panic button.

Should coming top 4 be the best we could hope for though. We were doing that with an academy. My bare minimum is challenging for the title this season. Surely we need to see some bonus of giving up on a structure that had made made us a lot of money over the years. We may not win the league but we should be up there when it comes to april. Otherwise weve given up our academy for hee haw.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

What's more likely, that in all those cases the only team interested was Livi? Hardly likely, is it? A guy that's played nearly 100 games for hearts, and Livi is the only team interested? I'll maintain my viewpoint until you prove otherwise. 

No, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm surprised given their track re or that you seem to feel this is an outrageous slur. 

He'd played almost 100 games for hearts and yet was plying his trade at part time east fife. I suppose they were offering him more than anyone else too?

Edited by Shodwall cat

After reading this thread since the Partick game I am now going to the game tomorrow dressed in black. This must be the end of our club if we lose and it appears only a "miracle" can change it. Damn I used to love going to the football with Genuine positive thoughts but sadly I have discovered I am a happy clapper who does not know crap when he sees it. Thanks P and B

11 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Their options were limited hence signing for Livingston. 

What you've stated in your second paragraph would be fraud. That's a very serious accusation to make. 

After reading this thread since the Partick game I am now going to the game tomorrow dressed in black. This must be the end of our club if we lose and it appears only a "miracle" can change it. Damn I used to love going to the football with Genuine positive thoughts but sadly I have discovered I am a happy clapper who does not know crap when he sees it. Thanks P and B
I'm with you. I'm actually thinking about chucking the football on a Saturday and going for a wander around Grandsable Cemetery instead, surely to f**k I will be happier there.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
7 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

I'm with you. I'm actually thinking about chucking the football on a Saturday and going for a wander around Grandsable Cemetery instead, surely to f**k I will be happier there.

Come to Morrisons with me and we can play long shootie in the fruit & veg aisle.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Their options were limited hence signing for Livingston. 

What you've stated in your second paragraph would be fraud. That's a very serious accusation to make. 

Limited is not the same as "only" 

As for your second paragraph, take it up with the BBC and Yogi. 

11 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

I've already bought the wreath. Anyone want to split the cost of the flowers. 

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

10 years in this hell hole of a league is enough to depress the life out of anyone. Its no surprise then that an awful start to another new season has people fearing the worst.

Didn't realise you boys have been there for 10 years. Love an away day there, by the looks of things we will see yous next season 

This thread has become ridiculous. How people can say this season is a right off after two league games is astounding. We haven't played brilliant but we also haven't been hammered.

I know that a lot of the players haven't performed great, however, these guys were scouted so they must have performed well and looked good in those games for us to show interest. I don't for one minute believe the performances we've seen are the same as the scout/Hartley seen, so it gives me hope that things will improve