The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why do we have to wait a month to play dumbarton? Surely there's a free midweek before then.  

The Mickey Mouse cup just got that bit more Mickey Mouse.

The game will probably be a dead rubber, every prem team who doesn't qualify should give up with over two months of game time under their belt. I actually hate this cup more than the challenge cup nowadays. 

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I can't see Mitchell signing for us, more likely to be a freed championship defender or a loanee youngster. Snedden as mentioned will be a back up for injury/suspension. Unless he absolutely tears it up when he gets his chance. 

If he is half as good as the last Camelon Junior signing then we will be all right. Give the guy a game, and his chance.

After all that's what happened the last time and looked what happened. Frankie Gray Scottish International got ripped a new arsehole !

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Absolutely incredible move, well done to the young lad. 

Another one that will be back playing in Scotland in a couple of years. Saw him play against  kilmarnock last season. Got ripped a new one by Chris burke and dragged off at halftime in a 3 0 pumping. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Another one that will be back playing in Scotland in a couple of years. Saw him play against  kilmarnock last season. Got ripped a new one by Chris burke and dragged off at halftime in a 3 0 pumping. 

Absolutely, because we all know that players are incapable of improving and they reach their peak at 17.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Absolutely, because we all know that players are incapable of improving and they reach their peak at 17.

45 minutes against an experienced ex-Scotland international with over 250 games in the English championship is enough time to judge a 17 year old, imo.

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

45 minutes against an experienced ex-Scotland international with over 250 games in the English championship is enough time to judge a 17 year old, imo.

Absolutely. Imagine if a youth scout for Bayern Munich happened upon this thread. They'd be greeting at getting it so wrong

Hickey is like an upgraded version of Tony Gallacher. Loads of us cant see it, but he has been touted for a wee while bow and is obviously on the radar of massive clubs. Sometimes folk like us have to accept that we dont know as much as those who know the game well enough to make their living at it.

It was always hugely obvious that John McGinn was the money man at Hibs, ut for me McGeouch and Henderson looked way better each time I seen them. Despite that, there was something folk who really know football knew about their respective ceilings.

Munich are taking a gamble on Hickey but these teams do that hundreds of times a year. Getting hounded off Chros Burke means nothing. No one has ever been reamed like Naysmith v Crunchie and he went on to have a very good career.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hickey is like an upgraded version of Tony Gallacher. Loads of us cant see it, but he has been touted for a wee while bow and is obviously on the radar of massive clubs. Sometimes folk like us have to accept that we dont know as much as those who know the game well enough to make their living at it.

It was always hugely obvious that John McGinn was the money man at Hibs, ut for me McGeouch and Henderson looked way better each time I seen them. Despite that, there was something folk who really know football knew about their respective ceilings.

Munich are taking a gamble on Hickey but these teams do that hundreds of times a year. Getting hounded off Chros Burke means nothing. No one has ever been reamed like Naysmith v Crunchie and he went on to have a very good career.

Henderson was excellent but never really rated mcgeough to be honest and not surprised he's bombed since leaving hibs. Very much doubt gallacher will ever make it at Liverpool . He's 21 now and should be pushing robertson but Liverpool are spending a few million instead on a left back  so i would expect him to be getting released soon.As for Hickey I'll be happy to hold my hands up the day he makes his debut for bayern but it will never happen.

Edited by Shadwell Dog