The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

What an odd take. 

Unless you've a crystal ball it's impossible to question the reasoning of re-signing a player the manager rates and who clearly wanted to stay, after the revolving door of years gone by.

We could have let Nesbitt go (or he opted to leave) and still be without a RB of the desired quality - which McGlynn says he has prioritised - and the others gone elsewhere.

You're ignoring the work and effort to possibly persuade those who did sign and the fact they were available. 

I don't need a crystal ball, I've watched Nesbitt over the last 2 years and despite the odd flash of promise he hasn't been worth a new 2 year deal.  

Likewise, I've seen enough of our defence giving away sloppy goals to know that Tom Lang isn't going to turn it round single handedly.  

Finn Yeats may well turn out to be the next Luke Leahy (i hope he is) but at this stage it's wishful thinking and I'd prefer someone a bit more experienced.  I can't remember another manager in history who'd have got away with the excuse 'he tried but couldn't get anyone to sign'  

50% of me is still hopeful the loan market sees us right, the other 50% is fearing from McGlynns interview and body language that we're going with what we have.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I don't need a crystal ball, I've watched Nesbitt over the last 2 years and despite the odd flash of promise he hasn't been worth a new 2 year deal.  

Likewise, I've seen enough of our defence giving away sloppy goals to know that Tom Lang isn't going to turn it round single handedly.  

Finn Yeats may well turn out to be the next Luke Leahy (i hope he is) but at this stage it's wishful thinking and I'd prefer someone a bit more experienced.  I can't remember another manager in history who'd have got away with the excuse 'he tried but couldn't get anyone to sign'  

50% of me is still hopeful the loan market sees us right, the other 50% is fearing from McGlynns interview and body language that we're going with what we have.  

Any loan players will be just before the season starts with Falkirk seen as last resort.

That sadly is a reflection on the clubs performance on and off the park for the last few seasons.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Any loan players will be just before the season starts with Falkirk seen as last resort.

That sadly is a reflection on the clubs performance on and off the park for the last few seasons.

Yes, thats definitely how we ended up with Meekison then Kucheriavyi....

58 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is it not more like 16?

Either way, it won't take any longer to get from Falkirk to Annan, than to Dumfries, because with Annan, you stay on the motorway until you're much closer to your destination.

My god the boredom level has unbelievably been exceeded. 

16 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Your car is in worse nick than I thought.

Montrose 5:30pm kick off. Game finished by 7:30pm Montrose to Bairnville (Cadbury take more……great name for a chocolate bar) drive is 1h 30m. Home by around 9pm……..but of course, your Hillman Avenger might take an hour or three longer.

You might have a case for Annan and Cove as they are both mega 2 hour drives. 😬

I’m an adventurer. 

57 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Aye, but you said that McGlynn prioritised giving Nesbitt a new deal over signing a right back which is quite clearly a load of pish, unless, of course, you are indeed using a crystal ball? 

Guest Back Post Misses
59 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I also saw Kinnear is on trial at Kilmarnock just now, I don't know which ones more baffling to be honest.

Serves the c***s right for Fasan 

Loan wise wouldn't mind seeing any of the below come in.

Right Back - Adam Devine, Ben Mcpherson

Centre Mid - Finlay Robertson, Allan Delfierre, Cole Mckinnon

10- Archie Meekison, Steven Warnock, Alex Ferguson

Striker- Kieran Offord, Robbie Ure

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, but you said that McGlynn prioritised giving Nesbitt a new deal over signing a right back which is quite clearly a load of pish, unless, of course, you are indeed using a crystal ball? 

Right Mr red dot Pedro. Tell me what I said there that is inaccurate or just allow us all to recognise that you do indeed have an agenda.

You choose. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes, thats definitely how we ended up with Meekison then Kucheriavyi....

2 half decent out of how many over the last few seasons - point made.

Put yourself in the club and players position.

Manager's position none to secure, Player churn that would fear you, Supporters with a very low patience thresh hold, Poor standard of league sadly there are better options out there.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Right Mr red dot Pedro. Tell me what I said there that is inaccurate or just allow us all to recognise that you do indeed have an agenda.

You choose. 

Imo it is clear and obvious that there is a link between the decision to give Nesbitt a 2 year deal and the lack of funds now available to sign a right back.

The manager has a limited budget (which we are told is lower than last season) so any decision to invest in one area of the squad has a knock on effect on the resources available to strengthen other areas.

16 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I have no idea to be honest. Just going by what McGlynn said regarding the budget being gone and not being able to bring in any more players. I therefore just presumed that any loan player would therefore be at us to gain experience and not require a contribution from us. Did we pay much for the loan players last season? 

Didn't McGlynn say the budget was gone in regard to who he was after for a right back in that the player(s)  wanted x and we didn't have that and didn't want to go after players that would cost less.

I'd guess Tumilty may have been on his radar, don't think his game has changed much since he was with us, decent going forward but a liability at times in defence, the reason he was subbed in the play offs.

I don't think Yeats long term future career will be at right back tbh, the link between him and Leahy is just hopeful thinking. 

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well my experience is very different from yours, that’s for sure. For example, we were paying 10% of Stokes salary, and in money terms, we will be offering up less than that now……significantly less.

I was told Stokes was our highest paid player that season albeit on loan.

I'd guess McManus would have been our highest paid player also.

The loan market not really different from signing players in that the good ones cost big money.

You will get inexperienced loans on the cheap but they are very much lucky dip and like your own inexperienced players, they sometimes need drip fed into the team.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Imo it is clear and obvious that there is a link between the decision to give Nesbitt a 2 year deal and the lack of funds now available to sign a right back.

The manager has a limited budget (which we are told is lower than last season) so any decision to invest in one area of the squad has a knock on effect on the resources available to strengthen other areas.

Assume your issue is that we gave Nesbitt a deal at all rather than the fact it was 2yrs? The fact he has a 2yr deal versus a 1yr deal makes no difference to this years budget. 

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Manager's position none to secure, Player churn that would fear you, Supporters with a very low patience thresh hold, Poor standard of league sadly there are better options out there.

Zak rudden? Kai Kennedy? Juan Alegria? 3 players straight off the bat that one of the biggest teams in country were quite happy for their players to come us, and performed well. 

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The mental gymnastics you have put yourself through to justify that nonsense. 

Rangers, St. Johnstone, Dundee United and Ross County - distinguished and recent Premier League clubs, regardless of our views - all felt we were a place for their players to succeed and get valuable game time for their development, which saw most of them progress in the LC, reach a Scottish Cup semi and garner national attention whilst competing at the right end for most of the campaign and yet we are Hobson's choice for these guys - Get real!

I'd suspect out standing amongst our peers is far better than you make out.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The mental gymnastics you have put yourself through to justify that nonsense. 

Rangers, St. Johnstone, Dundee United and Ross County - distinguished and recent Premier League clubs, regardless of our views - all felt we were a place for their players to succeed and get valuable game time for their development, which saw most of them progress in the LC, reach a Scottish Cup semi and garner national attention whilst competing at the right end for most of the campaign and yet we are Hobson's choice for these guys - Get real!

I'd suspect out standing amongst our peers is far better than you make out.

Also an EPL team in Forest