The Falkirk FC Thread

Can't see any way of this being on. There are still loads of path closures as well so there's the safety issue of people getting to and from the stadium.

10 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I can understand them doing an early inspection but given the nature of the pitch surely there’s plenty of time to get this on!

Bear in mind Cove have to travel so I imagine the inspection has to be done before they leave. We arrive at an away ground 1h 45 before kick off so they'll probably be arriving 1315. Two and a half hours travel means they'll likely be leaving 1045, so a 1000 inspection time is probably about right. 

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Can't see any way of this being on. There are still loads of path closures as well so there's the safety issue of people getting to and from the stadium.

-7C at Aberdeen so it's only fair that FFC have an early inspection so that Cove and their fans can avoid a wasted journey.

If it was the other way round we would expect the same courtisy 

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Bear in mind Cove have to travel so I imagine the inspection has to be done before they leave. We arrive at an away ground 1h 45 before kick off so they'll probably be arriving 1315. Two and a half hours travel means they'll likely be leaving 1045, so a 1000 inspection time is probably about right. 

That’s why I said I can understand it.  Annoying though.

Edited by Disco Duck

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Doesn't appear to me to have been a huge amount of effort to get it on (like you see at Hamilton or Stenny). I reckon there might be a reason for that.

Have they cleared the pitch at Ochilview? There was a game planned there at 10am which was called off.