The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Used a perfect example - Gows form dropped like a brick once he signed for Sevco. PCSs will have many caveats. If a player who’s earning 750 a week, and signs a PCA for 3/4K a week, it’s not rocket science that the player will not risk any type of injury that would jeopardise his chance of making large bucks.

That is why if he is going, go in the transfer window and at least get a bit of a casher for a replacement.

Morrison even non thinking will hold back in some challenges.

All it takes is one mistimed tackle of some prat decides to nail him.

Not worth the risk and McGlynn is nobodies mug and will have a potential replacement lined up.

55 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Salford - near the foot of the 4th tier of English Football.
Sadly, this is a step forwards for Morrison if only that he’ll triple his wage packet.  

Prior to Kircer’s post, I was thinking of what type of club would be after him……..mid-table EFL League One give or take 20 league positions or so. But bottom of 4th tier? Blimey that puts our club’s current standing in perspective.

Although…..I remember Aberdeen regular Adam Rooney leaving in an extraordinary move to then National League Salford City a few seasons back. Maybe a warning to Callumn - Rooney barely reached a higher level (one season in League 2) before slipping into obscurity.

We played Woking in a preseason friendly 2014. They were English nonleague at the time (probably still are?).  I remember speaking to one of our officials afterwards and he said that their budget blew ours out of the water several times over. 

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not worth the risk and McGlynn is nobodies mug and will have a potential replacement lined up.

This^^^^.

Such a move/deal doesn’t take place in a vacuum and presumably McGlyn will have known/discussed the situation well in advance. So far his recruitment has been spot on ( the difference from previous seasons) so I’m willing to trust him on this one too. 

36 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

This^^^^.

Such a move/deal doesn’t take place in a vacuum and presumably McGlyn will have known/discussed the situation well in advance. So far his recruitment has been spot on ( the difference from previous seasons) so I’m willing to trust him on this one too. 

Spot on mate. McGlynn has overseen one of the best transfer windows ever in terms of success rate - MacIver, Spencer, Lang and Miller have been sensational signings and it's genuinely hard to believe they haven't been here longer. McGlynn has a lot of credit in the bank at this point (what a turnaround after Airdrie, has to be said!) and I trust that he'll bring someone in as a like for like replacement. It'll be sore losing Callumn, but Falkirk coped after McAllister, so I think we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

Maybe a warning to Callumn - Rooney barely reached a higher level (one season in League 2) before slipping into obscurity.

And if I remember, his wages (although probably exaggerated) were more in line with what the lower end arse cheek players were earning.

If all this speculation is true, good luck to Morrison as he’s probably sealed a pension most working guys take to accumulate in a lifetime. 

If we had a fans forum after bottling the biggest game of the season and the topic of conversation got onto another teams players going down south I would be thinking this a deflection tactic from a poor result.

Not saying that was the case with Accies but…

7 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Secondly I didn't think they were allowed to have discussions about PCA before January without the clubs blessing. 

If anyone believes the above is followed then I'll look for zips at the back of your head's 

Salford sounds about right if true, I couldn't see it being anyone above league one in England.

It would be a blow to lose Morrison but the recent Montrose game when him and Spencer could've been out I posted I'd be more concerned if Lang was out. 

Like every winger, they can be inconsistent but I think the McGlynn management has helped him raise his levels and I had resigned to him going in 2024 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

If anyone believes the above is followed then I'll look for zips at the back of your head's 

Salford sounds about right if true, I couldn't see it being anyone above league one in England.

It would be a blow to lose Morrison but the recent Montrose game when him and Spencer could've been out I posted I'd be more concerned if Lang was out. 

Like every winger, they can be inconsistent but I think the McGlynn management has helped him raise his levels and I had resigned to him going in 2024 

Lang is arguably our most important player and is well on his way to picking up a player of the season award if he keeps up his fine form. Big Coll looks a different player because of him. 

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

If we had a fans forum after bottling the biggest game of the season and the topic of conversation got onto another teams players going down south I would be thinking this a deflection tactic from a poor result.

Not saying that was the case with Accies but…

Tbh I think it does say a lot, a few of their fans all excited over the devastation Falkirk will suffer over losing Morison. Although we actually won’t be devastated by it. We’ve got a great team and Morrison might not even be in our top two players this season. 

Merry Christmas to all associated with our Club. The many part owners who post here, and have suffered over the last few years, the players who are giving us so much to enjoy and those in the boardroom who have slowly but surely given the community its club back. 

Now..... Bring me that fucking flag Bairns 😍