The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Sorry to intrude but do you lot find parking at the stadium okay? Yesterdays visit to the Falkirk stadium was an absolute shambles with car park entrances being fenced off even though there was plenty of room spaces and stewards screaming at folk 😂

No it's usually fine.  We made it bad on Sunday especially for you.

11 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Sorry to intrude but do you lot find parking at the stadium okay? Yesterdays visit to the Falkirk stadium was an absolute shambles with car park entrances being fenced off even though there was plenty of room spaces and stewards screaming at folk 😂

Permit required, getting in and parked never an issue but getting out again requires saintly levels of patience.

14 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Sounds like a different approach taken from a normal match day to be honest.

As others have said it's a free-for-all on leaving but generally there aren't issues.

19 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Stewards were probably confused at the small crowd and thought it was the car boot sale instead imo 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Stewards were probably confused at the small crowd and thought it was the car boot sale instead imo 

Ah yes, I believe the presence of TNS in the final drastically reduced the attendance figures - If only a team with a HUGE following won the semi final against them 😭 

35 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Re: Invincible legends. In my opinion it becomes a legendary team, rather than every individual being classed a legend.

Only a one or two players become legends if we do go invincible and it would probably be Morrison and miller maybe 

mcglynn would be in the list of best Falkirk managers

Just now, Hisingdoon said:

Only a one or two players become legends if we do go invincible and it would probably be Morrison and miller maybe 

mcglynn would be in the list of best Falkirk managers

Miller having 1 good season does not warrant legend status

3 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Was fine on Saturday with nearly double the crowd on the Sunday. I was in parked no bother and out in seconds after the game. Maybe different folk running the show.

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Will be glad when The Gateway Project is complete as all the walkway closures are a nightmare. 

When is this gateway project due to be completed? It's a royal pain in the arse like.

Also, as I don't stay in Falkirk anymore, I'm not as clued up as some people. What even are they developing? Is it more houses or what?

16 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Will be glad when The Gateway Project is complete as all the walkway closures are a nightmare. 

It's an accident waiting to happen. Ridiculous that they can't push the fence back to free up the pavement for a couple of hours every second Saturday. 

12 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

When is this gateway project due to be completed? It's a royal pain in the arse like.

Also, as I don't stay in Falkirk anymore, I'm not as clued up as some people. What even are they developing? Is it more houses or what?

Roundabout is being expanded and land around the ground beinf redeveloped for retail outlets and also housing.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Roundabout is being expanded and land around the ground beinf redeveloped for retail outlets and also housing.

Doesn't sound too bad at all! A good pub and restaurant would make a killing on matchdays.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If only your big crowd had managed to beat fucking TNS!

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Was fine on Saturday with nearly double the crowd on the Sunday. I was in parked no bother and out in seconds after the game. Maybe different folk running the show.

Surely doesn't make a difference though as your car park has a finite number of spaces. Apparently i got the very last parking space so whether it was 6k or 3k attendance wouldnt matter as once your car park is full then its full. Did seem a bit chaotic. 

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

If only your big crowd had managed to beat fucking TNS!

Surely doesn't make a difference though as your car park has a finite number of spaces. Apparently i got the very last parking space so whether it was 6k or 3k attendance wouldnt matter as once your car park is full then its full. Did seem a bit chaotic. 

No as I said. Came in about quarter to 3 parked walked in to the ground. Left at final whistle got in car and was out no queues nothing.

26 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It's an accident waiting to happen. Ridiculous that they can't push the fence back to free up the pavement for a couple of hours every second Saturday. 

At the very least they should have made a proper well-lit path through the Helix Park, before the Gateway project even got started - not the half-arsed sub-base path that they made clearly as an afterthought 

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No as I said. Came in about quarter to 3 parked walked in to the ground. Left at final whistle got in car and was out no queues nothing.

Could have been different people. Not a clue. I did wonder who would be pocketing the £5 a head parking for the number of cars there

So my first live falkirk tv effort was Saturday. Commentators - terrific. Picture quality - good. Buffering - good. Graphics pre match - terrific.

But wtf is up with the sound? It was like watching a covid game. Absolutely no sense of atmosphere portrayed. Is this a limitation of the camera or is it incorrect settings? Dampened the experience quite a bit