The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

So my first live falkirk tv effort was Saturday. Commentators - terrific. Picture quality - good. Buffering - good. Graphics pre match - terrific.

But wtf is up with the sound? It was like watching a covid game. Absolutely no sense of atmosphere portrayed. Is this a limitation of the camera or is it incorrect settings? Dampened the experience quite a bit 

I know what you mean. Something you definitely notice in the highlights packages. The noise definitely doesn't come through. Just compare with Blair McNally's (football vlogger) video he uploaded from Saturday and it's SO noisy. I sit in the KM every match, and I didn't even realise just how loud those youngsters are until I watched Blair's video 🤣

It's a shame too that we can't just have scaffolding all the time in the vacant East space, and use it for broadcasting, as it would be nice to get a view of the main stand, like on BBC Alba, instead of a view of Grangemouth. 

I'm not criticising btw. I am very grateful that people volunteer to provide this service.

Edited by Raybowski89

I was in the MS for the second time this season, first time was down right next to the Hamilton fans, and on Saturday I was up at the Benny Ts section. A lot of the sound was lost on its way down v Hamilton.

But on Saturday - my word, the noise from the KM7 was proper. Really impressive.

4 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I know what you mean. Something you definitely notice in the highlights packages. The noise definitely doesn't come through. Just compare with Blair McNally's (football vlogger) video he uploaded from Saturday and it's SO noisy. I sit in the KM every match, and I didn't even realise just how loud those youngsters are until I watched Blair's video 🤣

It's a shame too that we can't just have scaffolding all the time in the vacant East space, and use it for broadcasting, as it would be nice to get a view of the main stand, like on BBC Alba, instead of a view of Grangemouth. 

I'm not criticising btw. I am very grateful that people volunteer to provide this service.

Not wishing to criticise, rather give feedback as I think it’s something that should be relatively cheap and easy to fix. Feedback on here has been taken in good faith and fixed previously so thought it was worth mentioning. 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I was in the MS for the second time this season, first time was down right next to the Hamilton fans, and on Saturday I was up at the Benny Ts section. A lot of the sound was lost on its way down v Hamilton.

But on Saturday - my word, the noise from the KM7 was proper. Really impressive.

That roar when Cove scored. Spine-tingling. I still checked my phone, just to be sure, but I knew for a fact what the roar signalled 🤣. The Ultras deserve so much credit. 

12 minutes ago, BPM said:

His video for the cup victory against Dundee Utd was excellent, loved the young team running down the stairs when Callumn scored our 4th that night, I’d have broke my bloody neck.

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Generally for recording voice there are different types of mic and/or mic settings. I am assuming the type of microphone used for commentating is one that reduces background noise so that the sound of individual voices comes through clearly which sacrifices the background cheering. You can hear the difference from using this type of microphone in Blair McInallys video where the crowd sounds are great but individual voices sometimes get lost in the wind noise or background chatter. I think the way to solve this would be have an additional microphone which records the sound and play that alongside the commentary at a lower level so that the commentary voice comes through clearly but the background noise is also there but getting it right is probably quite complex. Maybe there is an easier way though?

51 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Generally for recording voice there are different types of mic and/or mic settings. I am assuming the type of microphone used for commentating is one that reduces background noise so that the sound of individual voices comes through clearly which sacrifices the background cheering. You can hear the difference from using this type of microphone in Blair McInallys video where the crowd sounds are great but individual voices sometimes get lost in the wind noise or background chatter. I think the way to solve this would be have an additional microphone which records the sound and play that alongside the commentary at a lower level so that the commentary voice comes through clearly but the background noise is also there but getting it right is probably quite complex. Maybe there is an easier way though?

Additional microphones set up near the ultras would be great. Folk who don't get to any games must wonder what all the fuss is about with the ultras as the noise simply doesn't get captured 🤣

19 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Additional microphones set up near the ultras would be great. Folk who don't get to any games must wonder what all the fuss is about with the ultras as the noise simply doesn't get captured 🤣

Could be done but sound needs mixed in, but a H&S issue would be the lengthy cable run.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Roundabout is being expanded and land around the ground beinf redeveloped for retail outlets and also housing.

Thanks for this. That makes much more sense than the 4 lanes each way chat a family member keeps telling me!! 

14 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Thanks for this. That makes much more sense than the 4 lanes each way chat a family member keeps telling me!! 

A pub and restaurant are also in the plans. Kelpie visitors and fans at games probably the market

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A pub and restaurant are also in the plans. Kelpie visitors and fans at games probably the market

About time. The stadium really is in the arse end of nowhere. Dunno if anyone has noticed? 🤣

11 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The Camfield in Perth - biggest pub in Australia right next door to the Optus Stadium. Been there a couple of times now.

"5 BARS, 175 BEER TAPS, ONSITE MICRO-BREWERY, HUGE BEER GARDEN WITH CONTAINER BAR, ONLY 100M FROM OPTUS STADIUM"

That's what you want.

the-camfield-bar-and-pub-alongside-the-optus-stadium-perth-wa-australia-MGYFWB.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

The Camfield in Perth - biggest pub in Australia right next door to the Optus Stadium. Been there a couple of times now.

"5 BARS, 175 BEER TAPS, ONSITE MICRO-BREWERY, HUGE BEER GARDEN WITH CONTAINER BAR, ONLY 100M FROM OPTUS STADIUM"

That's what you want.

the-camfield-bar-and-pub-alongside-the-optus-stadium-perth-wa-australia-MGYFWB.jpg

No' big enough Hank, we are fucking massive!