The Falkirk FC Thread

Great game yesterday and brilliant to wake up top of the league with a game in hand on Ayr.

Looking forward to playing our nearest rivals Ayr and livvi. Starting to see some duplicate scores now as the season progresses, Ayr drew away at Dunfermline and at home to Partick, two exact same fixtures we comfortably won. 

Early days but these three teams are creating a gap. 

Some strike from Tait yesterday, keeper didn't stand a chance. Should be some occasion when we play you at TFS, hopefully our injuries clear up a little. Looks like Dowds will be out long term though after a bad fall yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Taits goal epitomises him as a player. A lot of players would have taken a touch and put the laces through it but Dylan sets himself and passes it straight into the top corner. 

Very similar to his goal against Cove last season. Who needs power when you can place a ball with such accuracy from 25 yards 

Sorry posted this in the Airdrie game thread and meant to post it in here.

I just hope we play the Celtic game in the style we have played every other team in the past year, including Hearts, Dundee United etc. Fast passing, attacking, shots, 2 wingers etc

We are expected to lose this anyway so why not at least have a go. I'd rather lose 5-2 or something like that than 3,4,5-0 sitting in with a low block all game. Give the fans something to cheer, enjoy the game and give the Celtic defence something to think about.

I was at the game at Celtic park game we lost 8-1, and anyone who was there will tell you it was a decent night out, despite losing by a barrowload. Falkirk fans sang till the end, remember the Celtic fans looking at us as we out sang them, thinking who are these nutters!?

Our club are in a fantastic position just now, the money is already in the bank win or lose, this is the absolute definition of a free hit. Expect the unexpected.

43 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Think I saw someone mention previously there must be a run of home fixtures somewhere but couldn’t see where - checked the fixtures and we have this glut in October - good chance to rack up some points 

A79093A2-BB2A-42C0-8EC6-2A0D7490B6F0.png

The Ultras make every game a home game 

10 hours ago, HonestAl said:

For all that Dylan’s goal was magnificent, our second goal here reminded me of Brazil in the 1970 World Cup final. Carlos Alberto’s strike for their 4th.

The crisp, accurate passing from our left side of the pitch, across the back 4, onto our right and then to our main man Tait on the edge of the box. But then, Carlos Alberto sprints forward from his full back position to meet a no-look inch perfect pass from Pele to drill it first time into the net!

Think I’m hallucinating?  Here you go. 

Brazil 1970 team was the greatest international side of all time. They made a fabulous Italy side look 2nd division.

As a football fan, it was sublime experience, they were unplayable then, and they would be unplayable now. 

The Blue Brazil does have a ring about it. Retro 3 strip maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Just booked a flight over for the Ayr game. 

Is there any chance the game will be moved to TV on the Friday?

How much notice do they give for that kind of change?

The Hamilton game is 3 weeks later and has been moved so I’d imagine you’re safe. 

1 minute ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Just booked a flight over for the Ayr game. 

Is there any chance the game will be moved to TV on the Friday?

How much notice do they give for that kind of change?

Not sure if it's consistent but they just announced Hamilton v Falkirk changed to Friday night TV on 18th October, so that was just over a month's notice 

Kinda half mentioned it in the match thread but wtf was the stewarding about at the end, or policing.... my car was on the road at the side of the stadium and I couldn't get to it. The Steward who told me I couldn't go that way wasn't even able to tell me how I could get there. Went and spoke to a copper who said I'd be best just waiting till they opened it, but honestly, they create problems for themselves. Far more likely to get aggro from delaying all those fans than there was ever likely to be if they did nothing. 

Edited by Bairnardo