The Falkirk FC Thread

Anyone else think Alston reminds them of Steve mcmanaman?

On another note how much has Steven Kingsley come on in the last year? He has went from being a sort of wee scared boy into the most dependable defender at the club.

He will be away in the summer, no doubt about that. Most probably a lower end Championship side will take a chance on the boy. Odds on Pressley finding a third straight 20 goals a season front man has to be extremely long. Mind you, nowhere near as long as the odds on our BoD allowing Pressley to build a competitive team without selling off the better players.

For all the younger guys reading this, enjoy Lyle Taylor whilst you can.

He's in the mould of far too good for us and this league. Players like him don't play for us often.

Taylor is a more natural goalscorer but we had a better striker last season.

He will be away in the summer, no doubt about that. Most probably a lower end Championship side will take a chance on the boy. Odds on Pressley finding a third straight 20 goals a season front man has to be extremely long. Mind you, nowhere near as long as the odds on our BoD allowing Pressley to build a competitive team without selling off the better players.

I don't see a Championship team taking a punt on him since he failed at Bournemouth. Lower League One is where I see him ending up. Your opinion on Pressley seems to change every month, is the current line that the BoD are holding him back? Was it not you who claimed our budget last season was lower than Cowdenbeath's in 10/11?

Your opinion on Pressley seems to change every month, is the current line that the BoD are holding him back?

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Reading Duncan's posts from week to week is head-scratching. It was also he who claimed Dundee Utd had made an error appointing McNamara instead of Pressley :lol:

, is the current line that the BoD are holding him back? Was it not you who claimed our budget last season was lower than Cowdenbeath's in 10/11?

I think it was actually. It was either Duncan or Mr Dust. Remember Mallo - "Elvis has impressed many by working on a shoestring budget at Falkirk". I read it in The Sun.

Edited by H_B

I'm sure Leahy was on the bench a few weeks ago. He was totally out of his depth at Raith Rovers (despite scoring the goal) the last time I saw him play. Definitely a player for next season.

I see the Hamilton game is all ticket. 2,200 behind the goal plus 500 in the gazibo should be enough to house the mass Bairns support 8)

Your opinion on Pressley seems to change every month, is the current line that the BoD are holding him back?

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Reading Duncan's posts from week to week is head-scratching. It was also he who claimed Dundee Utd had made an error appointing McNamara instead of Pressley :lol:

, is the current line that the BoD are holding him back? Was it not you who claimed our budget last season was lower than Cowdenbeath's in 10/11?

I think it was actually. It was either Duncan or Mr Dust. Remember Mallo - "Elvis has impressed many by working on a shoestring budget at Falkirk". I read it in The Sun.[/quote

Oh deary me H_B, having a little pop again about the McNamara thing after the horrendous mess you made of it last time around? That was squirmingly bad, but then again, you maybe didn't go back to check what you'd written. I think you'd rather that wasn't brought up.

Of course, I realise the opinion on any manager is in reality, analogue and not digital. There's lots of permutations at to why things are the way they are. It might not fit with what you want, but it's a truth of life. Pressley has made lots of mistakes, and he has done well in other respects. Whether one column cancels out the other is up to the individual. What is clear to me is that Pressley can pick a player, but isn't great at building a team. Equally, he has a chairman in particular (accompanied by at least one board member) who don't particularly see FFC first team results as being overly important at this time. If a player can command a fee, they will seek to sell him, simple as that.

Now, you've hung out some vague insinuation about Cowdenbeath's budget, in an attempt to tie it to me. Hmmmm..........given your last attempt at quoting a fact, (your Jackie Mac "first season" gem alluded to above), you' ll then understand why i give the Cowdenbeath insinuation the same kind of laugh out loud reaction. It is, once again, bollox.......of course, you can hide behind hanging it out there as a question rather than a statement......gives you a bit of wriggle room that your Jackie Mac statement clearly didn't.

Robbie Neilson back training with the team. As was Pedro, Vaulks and another face I didn't recognise.

Also congrats to Michael McGovern and his wife after the birth of their new son!

Has Vaulks signed on? I'm surprised he hasn't been seen around the first team yet.

Pedro, he'll be manager one day!