The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

If partick and Falkirk were to go to championship then surely East Fife would too. Got 16 players signed up for next season and surely can't sit doing nothing for ages

Anyone able and willing to play should be given the chance to do so.

57 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s being suggested that there could be in excess of 400 players released & desperately looking for a club at the end of June. I can’t see the usual “ transfer activity “ happening, as I guess the majority of clubs will be in the same boat. Horrible it may sound, but a prudent management team should be able to attract players that would normally be out of reach, the gypsy words are the reality of Scottish football at the moment. Why do I feel we may miss a trick here....... 

Probably the prudent management team bit. After January's effort I'm still not convinced.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s being suggested that there could be in excess of 400 players released & desperately looking for a club at the end of June. I can’t see the usual “ transfer activity “ happening, as I guess the majority of clubs will be in the same boat. Horrible it may sound, but a prudent management team should be able to attract players that would normally be out of reach, the gypsy words are the reality of Scottish football at the moment. Why do I feel we may miss a trick here....... 

It's supply and demand. Most clubs if they are playing will have reduced squads. Some inept custodians way well sign players not even knowing what their income is going to be ( FFC ?). So these players may be out of  job within a few months as their employers fold.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's supply and demand. Most clubs if they are playing will have reduced squads. Some inept custodians way well sign players not even knowing what their income is going to be ( FFC ?). So these players may be out of  job within a few months as their employers fold.

Jesus fucking Christ man, give it a fucking break. Every day for week after week you (and others) have been a non stop dripping tap of negativity pish. 

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Have you watched the news lately?

Its depressing enough then you come on here and you get folk that seem to think that we're going to run out and sign loads of players before we know exactly what's happening bankrupting the club. We like every other club wont be signing anyone till we find out what league we are in and when we will be playing football again.

Its depressing enough then you come on here and you get folk that seem to think that we're going to run out and sign loads of players before we know exactly what's happening bankrupting the club. We like every other club wont be signing anyone till we find out what league we are in and when we will be playing football again.

Careful, that could be described as negative.
It’s not much fun on here at the moment but then it’s not much fun anywhere at the moment.

Some folk just delight in saying the same thing over..and over...and over...

We won't be signing anyone until we know if we'll be playing next season.  At the moment that looks unlikely unless some form of reconstruction goes through very soon.  Unfortunately that now looks like a choice between the Rangers proposal or nothing.  

If reconstruction happens I'm sure we'll be quick to issue season tickets (virtual, voluntary or otherwise) and if not I'm sure a fan fund will be set up to help us survive the season.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not a case of new signings. It's the signings we have. 1. Players out of contract at the end of the month. 2. Players signed for next season but with a non promotion get out clause.

If it's no change at the end of June we will find out one way or the other.

49 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Jesus fucking Christ man, give it a fucking break. Every day for week after week you (and others) have been a non stop dripping tap of negativity pish. 

It's not negative pish ! far from it. It's about the future if we get this wrong. 

Would welcome a positive alternative on the future - so on you go ! Lets have your have your positive vibes, the forum is all yours.

We could all do with a lift and if realistic will be right behind you.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's not a case of new signings. It's the signings we have. 1. Players out of contract at the end of the month. 2. Players signed for next season but with a non promotion get out clause.

If it's no change at the end of June we will find out one way or the other.

The promotion clause thing has never been confirmed by the club and no mention has been made of any player being out of contract apart from the 4 mentioned in the herald as having their contracts extended till end of june and furloughed.

If I recall Gary Deans interview which was back in March, he was talking positively about the BOD being too small and that there could be movement on increasing the BOD, and he also stated that he was talking to people ( new investment perhaps?) he also alluded to our funds being healthy and not at serious levels yet. Roll on nearly two months, and it’s went fairly quiet. With the recent voting turmoil and Budge/Sevco reconstruction, guess he’s up to his eyes with continued dialogue with clubs looking for resolution. 

However it would be good to know if we’ve had any positive news on increasing our directors, new investment including any fan shareholder schemes  ( whether we consider virtual STs etc) anything about the players etc

Do you honestly believe these things are going to be happening in the current environment?…

Maybe the virtual season tickets(although the club have given a statement re STs already)....everything else will pretty much be on hold....

Off topic a wee bit, but still...thank you for allowing some questions over this year. From pillar (MC) to post (this mess), most of the FFC fans here have been gracious and willing to answer an outsiders questions with a welcome amount of honesty (and just a little judgement). I certainly hope things got fully turned around soon for the club. I know that after seeing the passion and drive here, things will get better. Cheers.

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The promotion clause thing has never been confirmed by the club and no mention has been made of any player being out of contract apart from the 4 mentioned in the herald as having their contracts extended till end of june and furloughed.

Did you listen to Off the Ball today ? Lot of reasoned comment on the pro's and con's on the Rangers reconstruction proposal.

Coming round to the reluctant acceptance that the majority of the clubs will take the tainted old firm pound and the bigots and sectarianism that will come with it. If it means survival.

What's your thoughts ?

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Did you listen to Off the Ball today ? Lot of reasoned comment on the pro's and con's on the Rangers reconstruction proposal.

Coming round to the reluctant acceptance that the majority of the clubs will take the tainted old firm pound and the bigots and sectarianism that will come with it. If it means survival.

What's your thoughts ?

My thoughts are I wont be back if this goes through. Will be the rumination of the game. We should be making our feelings clear to Dean's and co that we better be voting against it if it gets put to a vote.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My thoughts are I wont be back if this goes through. Will be the rumination of the game. We should be making our feelings clear to Dean's and co that we better be voting against it if it gets put to a vote.

I thought you weren’t going back after the SPFL vote outcome anyway? You said you were done with the SPFL and were off to see Camelon.