The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's the BBC FFS ! If your daft enough to believe anything that mob broadcast then to be called gullible would have gullible people complaining at the offence !

Well I think it’s fair to assume that the BBC are a fairly credible broadcaster, I think you’d be pretty delusional to think otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

Well I think it’s fair to assume that the BBC are a fairly credible broadcaster, I think you’d be pretty delusional to think otherwise. 

It's not often someone makes a post genuinely believing the polar opposite of what's true, so fair play.

25 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

Whatever you say Mr Clements.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yeah I know , it would make Trump blush (mind you would we notice underneath all his orange make-up). 

If one thing is consistent it's that Falkirk run out of shirts every year at this time.

No facts to back up this theory that it's a big seller other than what the boay in the club shop is saying. Oh okay then.    

Well, I guess you have a choice then. You can visit the club, talk to the people who work there and ask what they know. Or you can make assumptions based on your personal opinions & some of those who comment on online forums.

I’d rather talk to the staff. As long as you don’t put their names and personal thoughts online they tend to be pretty open. They’ll happily tell you what’s going on. Particularly if they know they can trust you not to say something that might drop them in the shit with their superiors.  

Someone once described me on here as a bootlicker. My posts have been called party political broadcasts, spin and a few other names by people who think I’m doing it to defend the BOD, MSG or the club.

Their assumptions are complete and utter shite.

It means nothing to me if the strip breaks sales records or bombs completely. Or whether the owners get punted tomorrow. I was pretty vociferous in my desire to see the fans bid succeed last summer. And I have some very strong opinions about a few high heidyins which I’ll never be able to post online as BPM chose to out me a few years back.

Much of the insider stuff I put up reflects the knowledge of the people  who work at the club and whom I consider to be friends. They know far more than any director does about what goes on. And have no reason to put a spin on something as mundane as replica strip sales. I trust them. 

If you believe otherwise that’s your opinion. 

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What were you doing in another club thread?

I wasn't. The East Fife strip offer was posted on the League One Kits 2020 / 2021 thread by Forest_Fifer on June 28.

Close but no Cigar - Imgflip

Edited by Bairn in Exile

On 19/08/2020 at 23:13, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe a number of staff had an input into it. The top is a standard puma template with details that clubs can modify, presumably for a fee. Here's an example from Borussia Munchengladbach. If you do a quick online search it won't be hard to find others. 

I was talking to the guy who runs the club shop about it the other day. I normally go into the shop immediately before we do a signing to grab a few strips plus any props that can be used for a photocall. There were no large sizes available for the Calumn Morrison announcement and there were none yesterday either, despite the fact that more stock was ordered than last year. It appears the new tops are selling faster than expected with the home one being the more popular of the two. 

1.jpg

The staff that had an input into it should never be allowed to again! The gladbach top strangely doesn't look as bad as ours I don't know if it is because it's darker, the cube design on our home top sticks out like a sore thumb due to it being lighter and the red flashings and red collar and sleeves further hinders it. It just looks like it's been flung together quickly and the club have just ran with it.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Well, I guess you have a choice then. You can visit the club, talk to the people who work there and ask what they know. Or you can make assumptions based on your personal opinions & some of those who comment on online forums.

I’d rather talk to the staff. As long as you don’t put their names and personal thoughts online they tend to be pretty open. They’ll happily tell you what’s going on. Particularly if they know they can trust you not to say something that might drop them in the shit with their superiors.  

Someone once described me on here as a bootlicker. My posts have been called party political broadcasts, spin and a few other names by people who think I’m doing it to defend the BOD, MSG or the club.

It means nothing to me if the strip breaks sales records or bombs completely. Or whether the owners get punted tomorrow. I was pretty vociferous in my desire to see the fans bid succeed last summer. And I have some very strong opinions about a few high heidyins which I’ll never be able to post online as BPM chose to out me a few years back.

Much of the insider stuff I put up reflects the knowledge of the people  who work at the club and whom I consider to be friends. They know far more than any director does about what goes on. And have no reason to put a spin on something as mundane as replica strip sales. I trust them. 

If you believe otherwise that’s your opinion

It sure is bud. 

(although I don't think you're a bootlicker)

3 hours ago, Nedelko said:

"I don't like the kit therefore it's not selling well and I don't care what you say"

This is the ST boycott that didn't happen all over again

Are you saying that the fact that a fair amount of people don't like the home kit has zero affect on sales?

Or do people generally buy things that they don't like anyway regardless. 

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If you believe otherwise that’s your opinion. 

What a great and passionate post. Thank you for sharing this.

Disgraceful of @Back Post Missesto out you. A very petty and vindictive move. 

Last night, I was taking a walk along the river
And I saw him together with a young girl
And the look that he gave her made me shiver
'Cause he always used to look at me that way
Then I thought maybe I should walk right up to her and say
Ah-ha-ha, it's a game he likes to play
Look into Blair Alstons eyes
One look and you're hypnotized
He'll take your heart and you must pay the price
Look into Blair Alston eyes
You'll think you're in paradise
And one day you'll find out he wears a disguise
Don't look too deep into Blair Alstons eyes. 

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Are you saying that the fact that a fair amount of people don't like the home kit has zero affect on sales?

That subject is covered in management training modules such as  'Tack'  Under motivation and need to obtain '

The motivation to buy is not based on a requirement or a direct need to function. Pair of shoes to walk in or deicer for your car screen wash.

The motivation to buy is a symbol to identify with a grouping you want to be seen to be with. That is an emotional purchase and quality, value for money etc are not part of the buying decision.

Hope this is of help.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That subject is covered in management training modules such as  'Tack'  Under motivation and need to obtain '

The motivation to buy is not based on a requirement or a direct need to function. Pair of shoes to walk in or deicer for your car screen wash.

The motivation to buy is a symbol to identify with a grouping you want to be seen to be with. That is an emotional purchase and quality, value for money etc are not part of the buying decision.

Hope this is of help.

You've now become a parody of yourself. 

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Bainsfordbairn, put the Talisker down and walk away!!😜

What a great and passionate post. Thank you for sharing this.
Disgraceful of [mention=17582]Back Post Misses[/mention]to out you. A very petty and vindictive move. 

It is an Internet forum FFS.

Been called a lot of things. Vindictive is a new one

9 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think a lot of folk buy the strip whether they like it or not as its their teams strip. It'll be something they do this time every year.  Kids always want the new strip as unlike the older clientelle they don't want to turn up with the old strip on if their pals are all wearing the new ones.  I.comment on it but would never buy one to wear as I think football tops are for kids or playing fives and nowt else but thats just my opinion.

Edited by Shadwell Dog