Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bit of help, please.

Been looking at the 1957 Cup Winning Team.

Does anybody have any information on Alan Irvine the Center Half?

Nothing on the web.

Any information appreciated

Andy Irvine played 168 games for Dundee, scoring 4 goals before joining Falkirk. He signed for Dundee Utd after leaving us, playing 8 times without scoring. His last appearance for DU was an 8-2 defeat to Berwick Rangers. :o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Andy Irvine played 168 games for Dundee, scoring 4 goals before joining Falkirk. He signed for Dundee Utd after leaving us, playing 8 times without scoring. His last appearance for DU was an 8-2 defeat to Berwick Rangers. :o

Was told he played for Dundee but never got it verified. Got a source help very much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/11/2022 at 08:16, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bit of help, please.

Been looking at the 1957 Cup Winning Team.

Does anybody have any information on Alan Irvine the Center Half?

Nothing on the web.

Any information appreciated

Nothing much over the listed stats, but a few little extra details, perhaps:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/1957-scottish-cup-falkirk-3-aberdeen-1-1117563
 

https://collections.falkirk.gov.uk/objects/78252/falkirk-football-club-team

https://www.deearchive.co.uk/player.php?id=991
 

https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/player.php?id=711

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This ^^^ please don’t let us down, my guts are churning and I’m nervous as f**k. So many times we get let down in these big games, for once let us leave that stadium smiling 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Not today 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like about 600 left in the West stand. Almost all remaining are in the last couple of sections towards the North stand. 

Id think another 200/300 may go but would be surprised if we sell out. Cracking effort though as would mean a crowd of around 7,600 if we do. Currently about 7,300 I think all in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been awake since 4.30am like a kid on Christmas morning. Watched some pish I’d recorded on TV and about to have my 3rd coffee. I’m a 56yr old man, why do games like this still get me so wound up, excited, nervous. I wouldn’t have it any other way though, these games are why we all love football/ Falkirk FC so much.

COYB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Been awake since 4.30am like a kid on Christmas morning. Watched some pish I’d recorded on TV and about to have my 3rd coffee. I’m a 56yr old man, why do games like this still get me so wound up, excited, nervous. I wouldn’t have it any other way though, these games are why we all love football/ Falkirk FC so much.

COYB

Alright for you Harry, the game doesn't kick off until 10.00pm my time. I'm going nuts waiting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Been awake since 4.30am like a kid on Christmas morning. Watched some pish I’d recorded on TV and about to have my 3rd coffee. I’m a 56yr old man, why do games like this still get me so wound up, excited, nervous. I wouldn’t have it any other way though, these games are why we all love football/ Falkirk FC so much.

COYB

Good morning Harry. Ditto 😂. Not on my 3rd coffee, crikey if I was, at my age, I’d spend the whole game at the toilet.

I’m feeling really confident about today. I just feel we have a really blossoming team and today will be our day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good morning Harry. Ditto 😂. Not on my 3rd coffee, crikey if I was, at my age, I’d spend the whole game at the toilet.

I’m feeling really confident about today. I just feel we have a really blossoming team and today will be our day.

I’m feeling confident as well GB, I’ve a feeling someone is due a doing from us and I’m hoping this could be the day. If we start how we did against Alloa and QOS then we will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Been awake since 4.30am like a kid on Christmas morning. Watched some pish I’d recorded on TV and about to have my 3rd coffee. I’m a 56yr old man, why do games like this still get me so wound up, excited, nervous. I wouldn’t have it any other way though, these games are why we all love football/ Falkirk FC so much.

COYB

We've fucking earned this after the last few seasons... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...