The Falkirk FC Thread

First of all, well done to our team for reaching the semi-finals and to the fans who turned out in huge numbers. This will be quite a boost to the clubs coffers.

It was a nice distraction but now we must have complete, total focus on the playoffs, because while it may look a bit concerning, we can reach the Championship. The Bairns have been believing and should continue to believe.

We’re nearly there, let’s make sure we get there.

2 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

First of all, well done to our team for reaching the semi-finals and to the fans who turned out in huge numbers. This will be quite a boost to the clubs coffers.

It was a nice distraction but now we must have complete, total focus on the playoffs, because while it may look a bit concerning, we can reach the Championship. The Bairns have been believing and should continue to believe.

We’re nearly there, let’s make sure we get there.

Our record on games that really matter is the big concern. 

The Ayr QF is the only big game of note I can remember us winning since Houston's time. 

In fact since we were bodied by Kilmarnock away in the Premiership playoffs it's been a succession of bed shitting efforts. 

We will be under massive pressure against Airdrie. Big questions to answer.

58 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Tbh we did absolutely f**k all of note today. If I have to watch anymore of two centre half’s fucking about with passes across the back 4, back and forth, I will tear my hair out. Just needless passing that takes us no where. It’s like having a back line of Burton O’Briens. 

We missed two open goals and had numerous free headers we failed to make the most of. I wouldn't say we did nothing of note.  

1 minute ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Got what we deserved today. Very similar to the Dunfermline games, we had a lot of the play but Inverness took there chances.

Shows how far we have fallen that we can’t compete with Inverness in a semi final.

Big few weeks ahead.

Hardly.

Inverness took what would be classed as opportunistic chances - fair play to them - but we were never overrun or outclassed. 

ICT very average and awarded a free goal really to settle them. 

That game could've gone either way had we took ours and those half-chances they took turned out like 90% of them usually do for most teams every week.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Hardly.

Inverness took what would be classed as opportunistic chances - fair play to them - but we were never overrun or outclassed. 

ICT very average and awarded a free goal really to settle them. 

That game could've gone either way had we took ours and those half-chances they took turned out like 90% of them usually do for most teams every week.

Sorry, you don’t lose 3-0 in a Scottish cup semi final in a game that could’ve gone either way

1 hour ago, MightBeMaia said:

Pars win the league and their fans are still obsessed with us sad to see tbh

And that's bingo ladies and gentlemen!! Tune in for next week's edition, which will include gems such as "aye but we were better at long throws", "the ref has a 'vandetta' against the McGlynn family and "I still blame McKinnon".

Strange game to be at. I was sitting right in front of the penalty and didn't even think there was anything to look at. We had plenty possession and shots etc but show no composure in front of goal and need a natural striker. Annoyed at mcglynn putting burrell up front on his own, if playing one up it should have been Oliver, he improved us when he came on. Burrell is way over rated by some of our support. Decent impact sub striker but not good enough to lead the line. Also annoyed at mcglynn with this 60 minute sub thing no matter what going on in the game. I worry he won't get the tactics right for the play offs.

After the var penalty Inverness could pick their moments and the difference was they had a clinical striker and ultimately deserved their win. Good luck to them I hope they go on and win 

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Sorry, you don’t lose 3-0 in a Scottish cup semi final in a game that could’ve gone either way

Neutral observers tend to agree that it could.

I've seen the Scotsman writeup that suggests 4-4 or 5-0 to ICT would have been suitable scorelines for the game! 

Maybe my cup isn't always half-full like yours and I can see the positives instead of continually looking at the negative, as you seem to do.

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Neutral observers tend to agree that it could.

I've seen the Scotsman writeup that suggests 4-4 or 5-0 to ICT would have been suitable scorelines for the game! 

Maybe my cup isn't always half-full like yours and I can see the positives instead of continually looking at the negative, as you seem to do.

If having higher expectations for Falkirk than losing 3-0 to Inverness in a cup semi final is being negative, fair enough I am negative.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

And that's bingo ladies and gentlemen!! Tune in for next week's edition, which will include gems such as "aye but we were better at long throws", "the ref has a 'vandetta' against the McGlynn family and "I still blame McKinnon".

Wtf is a vandetta?

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Was Rowe injured or just not in the squad?

I assume he's injured as Williamson offers zero going forwards.

I don't really buy that there wasn't much in today's game. Inverness were happy to sit back purely because they were a couple up. They also hit the post a couple of times. It could easily have been 5. 

I thought for us only McGinn and Kennedy got pass marks. 

For me, I thought McGinn was our best player today; he's obviously not got the legs he used to have, but clearly showed his experience of playing at a higher level. Thought Max and Kennedy had a few nice flashes, but they weren't at their best. Donaldson and McKay exhibited the novel defending technique of deciding that neither of them would mark strikers moving in between them in the box. Morrison does flatter to deceive at times, but you still feel he's the one most likely to make something happen for us. I thought Hendo looked quite leggy and poor today. Matt Wright was... Matt Wright.  Finally, I'd group players like Nesbitt and Oliver as players who will hopefully be good enough to get us out of League One via the play-offs, but they'd be nothing above squad players for the Championship.

As others have said, there is the nucleus of a decent squad there and it's good that we won't need the massive turnover of previous years. However, there is still significant room for strengthening regardless of the league we're in; I expect McGlynn will know this.

Edited by 18BAIRN76