The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Reckon he’s a straight replacement for Kirk so it’ll be up to him to get in over Musonda or McGinty who I think will start the season as our first choice pairing. If McAllister signs up then he’ll be our emergency back up for that position. 

It is very harsh, but I still think we need to improve on McGinty/Musonda as a pairing. Neither have any pace and McGinty is poor one v one. We need an upgrade there to compete towards the top of the league again IMO. New starter and McGinty as competent back up/a starter option against the very direct teams. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

It is very harsh, but I still think we need to improve on McGinty/Musonda as a pairing. Neither have any pace and McGinty is poor one v one. We need an upgrade there to compete towards the top of the league again IMO. New starter and McGinty as competent back up/a starter option against the very direct teams. 

Agreed but I don’t think we’ll get that all in one window. I’m content with the options for centre back so long as we get the right players in for the full backs. McGinty spends all game against the better teams trying to cover Reading so an upgrade there would help. 

We also need a better number 6 to help protect them and cover the space left by a full back going up to attack. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Agreed but I don’t think we’ll get that all in one window. I’m content with the options for centre back so long as we get the right players in for the full backs. McGinty spends all game against the better teams trying to cover Reading so an upgrade there would help. 

We also need a better number 6 to help protect them and cover the space left by a full back going up to attack. 

This is very true on both counts - I think pace is one of the things we lack throughout the team and if we can get it in the full back positions then that will help with the lack of it in central defence. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty much my view. The centre backs are fine for this level. Look at Aero and Brownlie at Partick. Its both of the fullback positions which need to be a  priority.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This is very true on both counts - I think pace is one of the things we lack throughout the team and if we can get it in the full back positions then that will help with the lack of it in central defence. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Pretty much my view. The centre backs are fine for this level. Look at Aero and Brownlie at Partick. Its both of the fullback positions which need to be a  priority.

They don’t even need to be as good as Thistles full backs imo. They have outstanding options for this level in those areas so it’s unlikely we’ll get one full back as good let alone two. 

I love Andy Murdoch but I don’t think he has the legs to cover as much ground as before so I’d like to see us get someone like that in. Shaun Byrne at Dundee or someone similar. 

I’d like to see Kirk come back but I suspect that Arsenal will want him playing first team football in England somewhere. There is a danger he could become stagnant playing on loan at Ayr two years in a row. I am basing this on Leeds United and former England U21 international and future jailbird Paul Smith.

Id like us to sign Stainger and another CH to allow him to grow in to a championship player rather than force it. If we could get Kirk back it would be the ideal scenario. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What can we expect from Jordan Houston, gents? Decent enough for L1 or a shite addition? 

You'll get a nervous wee guy, doesn't contribute in defence or attack and seems to have lost his pace through many many injuries.  

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What can we expect from Jordan Houston, gents? Decent enough for L1 or a shite addition? 

If he can press the reset button and find his confidence again then he could/should be decent in L1. He probably does need a fresh start, hopefully Queens is a good fit for him. 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He scored a good goal on the telly, if that helps?

I know there's the possibility of bringing in a few players from the English lower leagues, after the success of Akinyemi. 

There's also a few posts on here regarding former players returning 🤔

Jordan Preston past it? Not good enough? 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I know there's the possibility of bringing in a few players from the English lower leagues, after the success of Akinyemi. 

There's also a few posts on here regarding former players returning 🤔

Jordan Preston past it? Not good enough? 

What former players?