George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

13 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

Well i'm glad an admin replied to this and I must admit that I didn't notice your earlier posts but thanks I now have screenshots.

Notice I chose my wording very careful so as to avoid breaking any rules but since you have just admitted to infringing on my rights to freedom of speech and I have numerous screenshots that's all the evidence I need.

Whoever is the owner of this site can expect a letter in the next couple of weeks. 🙂 

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 22.51.23.png

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

How come that Marilyn Monroe gif works when you quote it but wouldn't show up on my phone? I had to change it to Joe Biden.

FFS, I'm writing to Div, the United Nations and the Millwall Supporters Club about this.

The Big Prez Joey B works fine TBF. 

19 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

Well i'm glad an admin replied to this and I must admit that I didn't notice your earlier posts but thanks I now have screenshots.

Notice I chose my wording very careful so as to avoid breaking any rules but since you have just admitted to infringing on my rights to freedom of speech and I have numerous screenshots that's all the evidence I need.

Whoever is the owner of this site can expect a letter in the next couple of weeks. 🙂 

This guy has had several very long email chains with customer service departments which have ended exactly like this, and his letters have been put straight in the bin

24 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

1713470180_lookatthisshit.jpg.586a912dbe52b73fd5d4b63998556b23.jpg

i) 

this video is a pretty nice, sweet summary of practical police reform in the states, have only put it on the now having seen it during furlough, but for one thing iirc arrested police officers are given leeway that isnt offered to ordinary citizens (worst i can remember is that officers get breathing room to basically get their story straight iirc with a 24/48 hr grace period to talk to a union lawyer rather than fired straight into an interrogation room with other officers trying to get a confession through borderline coercion)

edit: oh yeah ive got it on, the "only a few bad apples are ruining the good name of our police force" = the point is that a few rotten apples/bad actors spoil the entire bunch in the metaphor

ii) crying freedom of speech on a privately moderated forum and threatening to write a letter to the owner of the site lol

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

26 minutes ago, velo army said:

Fuckin hell lads, can you just not?

Just use the ignore function and save the pages and pages of utter roastery. 

Ach, sometimes in the dark winters where vitamin D and serotonin are hard to come by it’s a wee fillip to the old self-worth to be reminded you’re not *that* much of a fanny. 

1 hour ago, rossi30 said:

4pgqzg.jpg

9 hours ago, coprolite said:

That's a very good point, although i don't think that all players are doing the knee for the all the right reasons at the moment. It's largely an empty gesture 

Well it certainly seems empty when they are doing it before every game, I’m pretty sure all the players are sympathetic to the cause but they’re probably sick of taking the knee before every game and are only doing so they don’t get singled out.

The booing isn’t going to stop now so the situation is pretty grim as if you put an end to the kneeling then people will claim that this is letting the racists win, but if it carries on it it will just be a continuous point scoring exercise with nobody coming out of it looking particularly good. Come 1501 this Saturday I can imagine the reactions of supporters in various stadiums will be overshadowing the football anyway.

I hadn’t realised there was so much hostility to the BLM movement until I read Facebook comments on MOTD and BBC Sport pages. Are these the same punters from Daily Mail comments?

Why does footballers kneeling before games annoy people so much?