Falkirk v Hamilton

On 01/10/2023 at 20:11, Ian Mcleod said:

I think there is a cash PATG don't think they accept card though.

They don't accept cards at the turnstiles, although I was told you can buy a ticket using a card at the club shop in the Main Stand. It was closed by the time I got there as we arrived after the kick off. Thankfully we were able to get in courtesy of some understanding ground staff.

In short, bring £20 cash for an adult and £10 for an under 18, times how many you need.

Interesting listening to the Accies fan on the Falkirk Daft podcast talk about Barjonas lacking fitness at the start of the season having come from a part time club. Didn't seem to affect Agyeman, he was our fittest player in preseason. 

Hoping with Nesbitt out injured we bring Agyeman back in behind MacIver and put Ross out wide as him and Morrison will have field days against Tumilty & Longridge.

Tumilty red card(stupid early foul trying to lay down a marker and a late second booking when he's tired after 60 minutes) and 3-1 Falkirk, MacIver, Morrison and Lang with the goals. 

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Interesting listening to the Accies fan on the Falkirk Daft podcast talk about Barjonas lacking fitness at the start of the season having come from a part time club. Didn't seem to affect Agyeman, he was our fittest player in preseason. 

Hoping with Nesbitt out injured we bring Agyeman back in behind MacIver and put Ross out wide as him and Morrison will have field days against Tumilty & Longridge.

Tumilty red card(stupid early foul trying to lay down a marker and a late second booking when he's tired after 60 minutes) and 3-1 Falkirk, MacIver, Morrison and Lang with the goals. 

Tumilty had a very slow start to the season but he's been one of or our best players in the last 2 games. I don't think you'll find a better left back in the league than Jackson. Morrison is very good player and arguably the best in the league and will cause us problems on Saturday but I certainly don't think it will be easy for him either. Think it will be a close game on Saturday don't think it will be easy for either teams and it wouldn't surprise me if it finished level.

With Nesbitt out our team very much picks itself, though at least it doesn't sound too serious.

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann
Spencer Henderson
Morrison Agyeman Ross
MacIver

Bench options looking a bit limited but we did only make 2 subs against Montrose anyway. Saturday will be 6 weeks since Miller got injured so hopefully he's not too far away from a return either

39 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

With Nesbitt out our team very much picks itself, though at least it doesn't sound too serious.

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann
Spencer Henderson
Morrison Agyeman Ross
MacIver

Bench options looking a bit limited but we did only make 2 subs against Montrose anyway. Saturday will be 6 weeks since Miller got injured so hopefully he's not too far away from a return either

I’ve a feeling it could be Oliver ahead of Ross, being honest don’t have an issue either way as both capable of doing a job.

48 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve a feeling it could be Oliver ahead of Ross, being honest don’t have an issue either way as both capable of doing a job.

I watched the Montrose game on FalkirkTV and from the camera angle from the main stand I didn't realise just how quick Oliver's reactions were to get us the first goal until I saw it from behind the goal on this Mack mate video. He's obviously switched on and I would be OK with him starting against Hamilton.

38 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I watched the Montrose game on FalkirkTV and from the camera angle from the main stand I didn't realise just how quick Oliver's reactions were to get us the first goal until I saw it from behind the goal on this Mack mate video. He's obviously switched on and I would be OK with him starting against Hamilton.

Watched this last night and must say the crowd footage after the winning goal is excellent. The Ultras are making a huge difference to the game day experience at TFS. Was talking to a boy the other day who said his young nephew who previously didn’t bother going to football games is now going to TFS as his mates go with the Ultras. Anything that enhances the atmosphere and encourages new fans to Falkirk is fantastic no matter why they attend games.

59 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yep. There must be loads of youngsters who have gone along this season for the first time, and will be loving it.

All the dads going "aye, it's not always like this!"

when i took my grandson to a game my laddie went.well dad you ruined my life making me a Falkirk fan you may as well ruin the wee mans😄

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yep. There must be loads of youngsters who have gone along this season for the first time, and will be loving it.

All the dads going "aye, it's not always like this!"

We’re down here two decades and with respect to all that view and post on here, the atmosphere/choir at the old lady will never be replaced. 
Twenty years plus and in the third tier of Scottish football, we have the now established young team, giving the team and the club brilliant backing not only at home but away games.

Didn’t fancy the drum whatsoever but the atmosphere is amazing. We’ve got a brilliant start so far and without going above our station, confidence……

15 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Gone @ that Falkirk fan bragging about making a couple of Scottish Cup semi-finals due to beating Ayr United and Queen of the South in the quarters. 

2014/15 doesn’t count because that quarter final should have never went ahead. 

This is the kind of game we will lose as expectations are rising and crowd will be big. Sadly a swashbuckling style winning games whilst entertaining rarely gets the better of a boring stifling side that grinds out wins.

Should Hamilton lose their support will dwindle away, thankfully no one will notice 

5 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

2014/15 doesn’t count because that quarter final should have never went ahead. 

Same for both teams that night and qos were at home, the injury to Loy in that game fuked our league season and the final.